PDA

View Full Version : ONtario drivers... damn

A790
02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Driving in Ontario has really opened my eyes to how ignorant some people can really be.

Today I'm doing 60 in a 50 zone and some jackass in a Kia gets right on my ass (and I mean RIGHT on my ass) and turns on his high beams. I'm in the right hand lane driving behind another car, so it's not like I can go any faster... what do I do? I slow down to 30... then 20... then 10... he gets the hint and lays off. Kinda sad that I had to be a dick to get this guy to stop being a dick.

I've never seen so many people run so many red lights in my life. I used to think that people from Calgary drove like dumbasses until I came to this city. Makes me miss home... bad.

lol.

2EFNFAST
02-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Do that in Montreal.....they'll find you bloody, headless corpose an hour later on the expressway :)

szw
02-01-2007, 01:36 AM
I notice people drive a lot crazier in Toronto , but I think they are still safer drivers than Calgarians.

Whitetiger
02-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by szw
I notice people drive a lot crazier in Toronto , but I think they are still safer drivers than Calgarians. :whocares:

szw
02-01-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
:whocares:

People who don't like to die?

death_rabbits
02-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by A790
... I had to be a dick to get this guy to stop being a dick...

dick + dick = sausage party

and nobody likes a sausage party :thumbsdow

except arif, he loves 'em

ercchry
02-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
:whocares:

wow is it just me or does Whitetiger make alot of dumb posts? like really adding a smilie doesnt help a thread

just stfu and stop being a post whore

A790
02-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Do that in Montreal.....they'll find you bloody, headless corpose an hour later on the expressway :)
The drivers from Toronto are just as bad as the guys from Montreal. I really wonder how some of these people got their licenses to begin with.

Kona9
02-01-2007, 08:28 AM
What really erks me, is ALOT of Manitobans refuse to let people in. I get vocal inside my truck when it happens. My girlfriend giggles as she is from Winnipeg and she states that it is common practice over there to do so. (I know I know not by everyone:rolleyes: )

I like to stir the pot once in a while. I just keep changing lanes into them and test their limit. See how far I can get into their lane before they break! (and Brake)

If you have your signal light on for what feels like a month while trying to change lanes, and someone is going out of their way to NOT let you in. It's still time to change lanes. I let so many people in it's not even funny.

I believe in the zipper effect!

/rant

GoChris
02-01-2007, 09:02 AM
hard to believe people can drive worse than calgarians

TimG
02-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Ontario is the worst. Red lights are merely a suggestion to stop. It was so bad at one point that the US government issued a travel advisory to people going to ontario to warn them that running red lights is common practice. I can't tell you the number of times i've almost been t-boned by someone who was running the red when i had a green light for several seconds.

sr20dets13
02-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

sooo true..i used to live there for like 9 years..drivers are totally insane there..you go to cross a cross walk with those pedestrian lights and everything..and people still wont stop lol

hjr
02-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by death_rabbits

dick + dick = sausage party

and nobody likes a sausage party :thumbsdow

except arif, he loves 'em not what i hear, im pretty sure that word on the street is that your mom's a double stuffer.

EnRich
02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

wow is it just me or does Whitetiger make alot of dumb posts? like really adding a smilie doesnt help a thread

so true...

acura_el
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
tell me about it man. we had a bit of snow about a week ago and some asshole in a pickup was right up my ass...then about 15 mins later it was another asshole in a cavy.

i hate feeling like ur about to get rear-ended any second...especially in snow:(

Whitetiger
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM

I was saying Who Gives a Fuck about Calgary are worst drivers than Toronto drivers. That's not being a post whore, don't need to say a lot to comment on a thread dumb ass.

Why are YOU adding senseless post saying someone is pointless? :dunno:

I'm giving my opinion of "Who Gives a Fuck" about Calgary drivers suck. What don't you understand?

Originally posted by EnRich

so true...

Is this about me commenting in your little Garage heater rant?
:whipped: :whipped:

Edit: For which it seems like you're getting pretty flamed http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162392&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

And how is adding: "So true" not being a post whore either? What, none of you ever added: "x2, +1, :werd: , :pimp: " all on it's own... to CONFIRM with the previous comment? Oh please.

asuth077
02-01-2007, 07:50 PM
^ Hey! Start your own rant thread, I am trying to enjoy this one.

A790
02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
LOL @ whitetiger.

Anyway, yea... you can't say that Calgary drivers are worse than Ontario drivers until you've seen some of the dumbass shit they pull here/

DC2Legend
02-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Bigger cities, with more cars and people, tehy tend to rush more and run yellow/red lights. Go to the states major cities...ul be more suprised

Isaiah
02-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Ontario drivers know to stay on the right except to pass, something that the Calgary drivers are clueless to for the most part. I'm sure that it has to do with the extensive highway system there, which connects all the suburbs, something that we don't have here.

It's amazing, when driving on the Deerfoot within the city limits or on any highway outside the city, how oblivious some people are to highway etiquette.

In that respect, I think Ontarians win hands down.

I also think that they are a lot more aware of their surroundings when driving and are a lot more adept at driving in hazardous conditions. You would think Albertans would be used to winter driving conditions but I guess not.

Shaad
02-01-2007, 08:48 PM
last time I lived in ontario we were on 401 and I seen 3 fights on the side of the road, good ole road rage. But 5.9 million people in greater TO....

Isaiah
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaad
last time I lived in ontario we were on 401 and I seen 3 fights on the side of the road, good ole road rage. But 5.9 million people in greater TO....

I never ever saw one and I commuted daily. And on the 401 no less? I could MAYBE imagine one on the QEW, but the 401 seems really odd. Not calling you out, just relating my experience.

A790
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Shaad

That sounds kinda like BS to me.

Yea I'm bitching about how lame some of the drivers are, but I guarantee that no one has the balls to break intoa fight on the side of the 401 (arguably the busiest highway in Canada).

85regal
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
for the most part, the drivers in toronto area are 10 times better then they are in calgary. I lived there for more then 20 years. Drivers are actually alert, as previously stated actually know how to stay out of the passing lane, lights turn green they actually go instead of sitting for 30 seconds.

TimG
02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Ontario drivers know to stay on the right except to pass, something that the Calgary drivers are clueless to for the most part.

you must be talking about ontario, california, not ontario canada.

In ottawa it was the norm to do the speed limit in the left lane and pace the car to your right.

riceeater
02-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
hard to believe people can drive worse than calgarians

hard to believe people in kias drive worse than people in srts... are you sure it wasnt an SRT4 behind you??

2EFNFAST
02-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
You would think Albertans would be used to winter driving conditions but I guess not.

This is always something that I"ve never understood - we know what snow is, so why is it always first snow-fall: '200 car pile-up on Deerfoot.'. :confused:

civickid_21
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by szw
I notice people drive a lot crazier in Toronto , but I think they are still safer drivers than Calgarians.

This is true, cause they are use to higher volumes of traffic there. But people there seem to be very impatient from my own experiences.

8Ball
02-22-2007, 11:37 PM
bike talk?

A790
02-22-2007, 11:54 PM
&^^^ No kidding... how did this get into the bike talk?

lol

old&slow
02-23-2007, 08:24 AM

This post reminds me of a guy I used to know who'd get all fucked up on pot and get all paranoid. Then run around and single people out who were acting "weird"!:nut: