PDA

View Full Version : 100k base,not contract/commission,no exp, ~40hour/wk,no fine print, entry level job?

jmc
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Are they really hiring new people for entry level job paying 100k/yr Base? Not contract position, not commission position, no experience, ~40hour/week, no fine print, etc.

I don’t think so, but if they are, where do I sign up… :rofl:
cause I sometimes see comments like:
a new XYZ gets 100k per year
But I think they probably left out bunch of details...

sputnik
02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Depends how well you can dance around a brass pole.

Thaco
02-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Depends how well you can dance around a brass pole.

or which street corner you decide to work

Super_Geo
02-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Entry level job as a what? Like admin-type job?

topmade
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
source?

cressida_pimpin
02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jmc
Are they really hiring new people for entry level job paying 100k/yr Base?

THEY??

Lack of info man...how can we advise you if we have no clue what company you're talking about or what site you are getting your information from

bigboom
02-01-2007, 03:57 PM
only thing i can think of is a sales type job where comission comes into play.

Envitro
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Ummm... unless you're in finance, and the top 1% of all graduates in North America (Canada & USA), you will not get that kind of money right off the bat. No fucking way.

rc2002
02-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Only $100k? I heard they were paying $250k to start... :confused:

sputnik
02-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Only $100k? I heard they were paying $250k to start... :confused:

I think you are thinking about them and those other guys.

JRSC00LUDE
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
While you were wasting time asking around I applied and took the job. I'll be working with a three legged leprechaun, a monkey in a business suit and a talking hippopotamus (stupid thing only speaks Dutch though so we had to hire a sasquatch to translate). We'll be working on a covert gov't project designed to weed the suckers out of automotive forums. :D

Look out!

Envitro
02-01-2007, 04:31 PM
^^ FTW

kaput
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM

Xtrema
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Send me $100 and a prepaid return envelope and I'll tell you how.

The Cosworth
02-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Send me $100 and a prepaid return envelope and I'll tell you how.

Ill do it for $85:rolleyes:

Weapon_R
02-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jmc
Are they really hiring new people for entry level job paying 100k/yr Base? Not contract position, not commission position, no experience, ~40hour/week, no fine print, etc.

I think you've described 50% of beyond. See "entry level starting wages" for reference.

Kirbs17
02-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Does 65k/year and 50hrs/week fit your criteria?

jmc
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by jmc

I don’t think so, but if they are, where do I sign up… :rofl:
cause I sometimes see comments like:
a new XYZ gets 100k per year
But I think they probably left out bunch of details...
Thank you for the responses. My suspicion was correct. Those commenting around this forum claiming the above (e.g. 100k/yr base salary, non-contract, non-commission, no experience, etc.) were leaving out a lot of footnotes...

yellowsnow
02-02-2007, 01:34 PM
dude, just shut up before you embarass yourself some more

toyboy88
02-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
dude, just shut up before you embarass yourself some more

:werd: :rofl:

googe
02-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by jmc

Thank you for the responses. My suspicion was correct. Those commenting around this forum claiming the above (e.g. 100k/yr base salary, non-contract, non-commission, no experience, etc.) were leaving out a lot of footnotes...

Would you care to let us know wtf it is youre referring to please?

Graham_A_M
02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds a lot like Cutco or Quixtar or any other get-em-in-the-door type MLM deal:rolleyes:
They did a great job of bending the term "sales" & "commision" it sure got me in the door a number of years ago.

hussein
02-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I went to one of the Cutco presentations. The guy that spoke to the group of people there was really good at selling. But yea, it's not the kind of shit that I would want to deal with on a day to day basis.

Stay away!

viperous
02-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Awesome.

Thank god i did my homework.

2 years ago, I was asked to take up on this crap. Still won't forget all those dumb ass asian guys (no offence, I'm asian also) who jumped on this opportunity like fucken rats. If i recall correctly, starting package was $200. I only had $230 in my bank at that time. Thank god I bought that hard drive instead.

Now this guy I know from high school tried to sucker me in this evening. We were suppose to just get together for coffee and catch up on time. But he just had to attempt to reel me in. :thumbsdow

Told me there's a presentation down at the UofC on wed night. I think i rather save my transit ticket to visit my mom.

Did a search on Quixtar and ended up coming here to do my final research.

jf97talon
02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Theres a million of those posts on monster.ca,
Thats where he got it fom.

Graham_A_M
02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by viperous
Awesome.

2 years ago, I was asked to take up on this crap. Still won't forget all those dumb ass asian guys (no offence, I'm asian also) who jumped on this opportunity like fucken rats. If i recall correctly, starting package was $200. I only had $230 in my bank at that time. Thank god I bought that hard drive instead.

Now this guy I know from high school tried to sucker me in this evening. We were suppose to just get together for coffee and catch up on time. But he just had to attempt to reel me in. :thumbsdow

Told me there's a presentation down at the UofC on wed night. I think i rather save my transit ticket to visit my mom.

Oh God, Dont even get my started on that fucking Amway.com (ahem) I mean Quixtar.

Chances are, anybody thats been in Quixtar has probably heard of Andrew Yip of Calgary, He used to be my "Sponser/Upline" for the three years I was in it.
I always laugh when they promote to meet people (cold contacts on the street) saying
"Do you ever look at ways of diversifying your income" when they really should be saying;

"Do you ever look at ways of maxing out your credit card, your spouses, AND your families and going into debt to buy some of our ridulously over-priced products and CD's.. only to HOPE of breaking even one day?"

Since thats what happens to millions and milions of poor suckers that just have a dream of retiring their parents (like I had) or buying a decent car.
Yeah you bet people DO make money, but what they dont tell you is how many tens or sometimes hundreds of poor suckers you'll have to have below you: just to make a profit.
What I mean by suckers are people dumb enough to pay $28 for a six pack of soap thats (no joke) not at all better then the stuff you can get at IGA for $3.80/6 pack. Its shit like that they do over and over again, all in the name of chasing that elusive dream.
Another tactic they use is
"Either build the business or work a dead-end job for another (xx) years!"
When they make sure they dont tread on the ideas of building a REAL business or investing.... as if its either the 'Red Pill or the Blue Pill' sort of thing. They never let people come to terms that they can INVEST they're money and see cash-on-cash returns far greater them Amway.com It took me a while to realize that... that God that I did.... too bad I wasted three of my teenage years listening to how I was going to "get rich" through the business by my broke-ass sponser that was living off his credit cards.

After a few years of seeing the people that I've sponsered: spiral into heaps of debt and just about walk into Bankruptcy court (and no I'm not joking) that I realized just so "wonderfull" Quixtar really is.
Its very common to spend $10k/year on CD's or Tapes (Tools for building the business they call it) and idiotically over-priced products. But they dont call it spending... (of course not eh?:rolleyes: ) instead they call it "INVESTING" in your business..
ah... GOTCHA!!
Here, let me invest by having my expenses go from (at the time) $100-120/month to $500-600/month.:hitit:

The people calling the "Quitters" 'Broke', are usually even more broke then the people that are comming to terms with reality and leaving. I always thought that was comical.

Si_FlyGuy
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

Ill do it for $85:rolleyes:

No lowballing fellow members of the stonecutters guild! Ball of shame, 1 week!

jdmXSI
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by viperous
Awesome.

Was his name Andrew Y.?

NATAS.KAUPAS
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
@Graham_A_M

Do you think the top producers are glad they made the investment?

viperous
03-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI

Was his name Andrew Y.?

Nope. He works for a Andrew though. His name's Matt.

Graham_A_M
03-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by NATAS.KAUPAS
@Graham_A_M

Do you think the top producers are glad they made the investment?
I'll bet they are, unlike the 100,00's of others that are just scraping by, pawning off their stuff just to go to these seminars/rally's.. so that the top producers can keep on rolling in the dough. I know from experience more then a few times... as did 90% of my "organization"
I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if most of the "top producers" have stocks in Visa, AMEX, and M.C. Since the amount of profits from overdrawn credit card debt that they create for these companies would be enormus in grand total.
I remember when my downlines went from $3k in debt to $15k in debt in about 7 months. Ah well, at least I accomplished my goal of "Changing lives one at a time" :rolleyes:

Actually, Matt is a downline of Jerry Rourke, who used to be my sponser way back when. I think his full name is Matthew Cartwell. :dunno:
Blonde kid thats a lifeguard at a lesiure center right? Dresses like a cowboy most times?

B20EF
03-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Was his name Andrew Y.?

Andrew Yip, I still remember the name from years ago when he was trying to get me to join his circle. I wonder if he bought his Porsche in cash yet like he promised we all could do in a short few years. :rofl:

Graham_A_M
03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by B20EF

Andrew Yip, I still remember the name from years ago when he was trying to get me to join his circle. I wonder if he bought his Porsche in cash yet like he promised we all could do in a short few years. :rofl:
nope, not even close. :rofl: actually he blew the engine on his 2005 Civic LX a whiles back, being the automotive genius he is; he forgot that engines dont last very long if you wait 30,000km's between oil changes. So his engine sputtered and died under the Southland overpass heading southbound on Deeffoot.
I'll always remember that frantic phone call I got
" Graham, can you come pick me up? My car just died under the Southland overpass on Deerfoot"
"What happened"
"I dont know, it just just lost power at 160kph and died on me, there's this really black stuff leaking all over the engine"
"thats probably your oil, when was the last time you had it changed?"
"at 55,000km's"
and how much are you at now?
"85,000 I think"
(I was trying SO hard not to burst out laughing) :rofl:
" Well I think you'd better call up a tow truck since your going to need a new engine asap, get your car towed over to a closeby Honda dealership"
"your fucking kidding me right?"
" HAHAHAHA No man, sorry to say it buddy, but you just fried your engine, theres nothing I can do for you by the side of the road, I think your out $3k."
"Oh my Fucking GOD!!!"

:rofl: He always would bag the living shit out of his civic as he said he'll be driving his porsche within a year, that was 4 or 5 years ago now, I can't believe how well that thing has held up for him. :nut:

viperous
03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Actually, Matt is a downline of Jerry Rourke, who used to be my sponser way back when. I think his full name is Matthew Cartwell. :dunno:
Blonde kid thats a lifeguard at a lesiure center right? Dresses like a cowboy most times?

Yup. That's the guy. It's Catwright I think. Not like I care. He did phone me while I was half asleep and asked me if i was still interested. Told him that I already knew what he's into and didn't care much for it.

I was trying to be nice by ignoring his phone calls and hoping he'll just forget about it. But I was too sleepy to check my call display on that one.

Oh well. :whocares:

Neil4Speed
03-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Out of curiousity, does any of you know of a guy who hosts qixstar seminars out of the University of Calgary in the evenings, and drives an older MB 300E (Diesel), which he importeded from the states, or a MB 300SD (again older). This guy tried really hard to recruit me, him and his wife apparently. Kept telling me how he was going to buy his wife a CLK.