PDA

View Full Version : resturant closure

KLCC
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Did Sun Chiu Kee BBQ Restaurant got shut down for breaches of public health act??

The Cosworth
02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
google calgary health regions list of recent closures

KLCC
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
wow, so it is closed...who would've thought...do you know how long are they closing for?

Whitetiger
02-01-2007, 05:21 PM
:dunno:

Team_Mclaren
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
WHAT THEY ARE CLOSED? WHERE THE HELL AM I GONNA GO FOR LUNCH>

The Cosworth
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by KLCC
wow, so it is closed...who would've thought...do you know how long are they closing for?

did you google it?? if so all the info should be on there

google is your friend

gpomp
02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hecomm/envhealth/Executive_Officer_Orders/executive_officer_food_07.htm

Whitetiger
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Singapore Sam too?

lol "Safeway Water Dispenser" at least the city's doing their job in keeping us safe.

nos_efx
02-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I can't understand why it is so hard to keep a clean establishment...

gcycheun
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Edgemont Palace too - they found dead rats or mice that they neglected to move away and other infractions

Team_Mclaren
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
waiit, they were closed on the 29th? i was there yesterday?!?

KLCC
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
yesterday was the 31st if I was not mistaken??

Whitetiger
02-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by nos_efx

I don't understand other people my age are filthy rich and I'm not either. :dunno:

Seriously, there's more work to running a restaurant (or business) than you think. If you wanna take about restaurant, some are just making end's meet. (hence, can't afford the time to get staff to clean kitchen, or to hire cleaning crew, etc...)

If ever single health by law was to be followed, I'm sure over half the restaurants in the city would be shut down for violation.:whipped:

Team_Mclaren
02-01-2007, 05:52 PM
oh so they were only closed for one day? or till the problem is solved? i thought they're closed for a period of time thats why I asked

Team_Mclaren
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
NVM i get it, im an idoit... lol

GSR2700 ISX
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Did Sun Chiu Kee BBQ Restaurant got shut down for breaches of public health act??

They are opened again, but I went yesterday and I concluded that they should have been closed AGAIN!!! I didn't feel too good afterwards. :thumbsdow

I should report them!!! :guns:

lilmira
02-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger

I don't understand other people my age are filthy rich and I'm not either. :dunno:

Seriously, there's more work to running a restaurant (or business) than you think. If you wanna take about restaurant, some are just making end's meet. (hence, can't afford the time to get staff to clean kitchen, or to hire cleaning crew, etc...)

If ever single health by law was to be followed, I'm sure over half the restaurants in the city would be shut down for violation.:whipped:

True but some of the things that was mentioned are pretty disgusting. I'm pretty sure most of us won't eat at a place with dead mice, week-old buildup of grease and meat, if we can see them that is.

I like how chinese says it's clean if you don't see it.

Team_Mclaren
02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

I like how chinese says it's clean if you don't see it.

And that the dirtier it is, the better the food tastes. Its actually true. I go to Sun Chiu Kee 3-4 times a week and never had a problem. I love that place... lol

mucat
02-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

And that the dirtier it is, the better the food tastes. Its actually true. I go to Sun Chiu Kee 3-4 times a week and never had a problem. I love that place... lol

Exactly, just have to buildup your immune system by eating there more.

Maxt
02-04-2007, 07:43 AM
With the CHR now, they arent letting anything pass ever since they got their peepee's slapped in public by that judge that scolded them for taking 2 years to act on health violation punishment of a city restaurant ...

max_boost
02-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Sun Chiu Kee FTW lol I never have a problem going there. Given how busy that place is, the kitchen is bound to be dirty, that's how it is. Sure they should make a better effort cleaning it. As for the BBQ duck/pork hanging in the window, that's how it is at every BBQ restaurant in the city. It's not going to be +60 degrees, it won't work.

D'z Nutz
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
With asian restaurants, it's pretty much true that the dirtier the restaurant, the better the food.

if the restaurant is clean, something must be up with that place if the cockroaches, flies, and rats won't eat there :rofl:

googe
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by nos_efx

its not. some people are just disgusting and have no regard for their customers. there is no excuse for most of that stuff.

Graham_A_M
02-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
With asian restaurants, it's pretty much true that the dirtier the restaurant, the better the food.

if the restaurant is clean, something must be up with that place if the cockroaches, flies, and rats won't eat there :rofl:

That Thai restaurant right beside Outlaws, in that same plaza (RIGHT across from East side Dodge) is phenominal, the food is unworldly good, I've heard its very clean from one of chefs that I've met outside of work, but thats probably what they all say:rofl:

It doesn't surprise me in the LEAST that Singapore Sam's was closed down, that place is the biggest shitcan I've ever ate at.
my family stopped going there 12 or so years ago since the food was awful, so I went there myself recently.. and it was even worse then I remembered:nut:

Whitetiger
02-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

That Thai restaurant right beside Outlaws, in that same plaza (RIGHT across from East side Dodge)

East side Dodge is by Outlaws? East side Dodge, I'd describe as close to Fraklin mall/ T & T pacific Chinese mall.

Or do you mean Big4 Chrysler and Woodridge Ford area.

JRSC00LUDE
02-06-2007, 12:26 PM

That's fuckin' balls. I go there every time I'm in Calgary, it's a must eat establishment for a friday/saturday night. Sad to say, I don't think this will stop me from going - it's just too damn tasty.

Honda EXR
02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
These places should be shutdown for a minimum of 2 weeks when it is filthy and should have to be throughly cleaned. You can't tell me that some of these places were cleaned that good overnight. They should also have to put a sign on thier door that states the closure. It's a right for the public to know without having to search for the information. Places with minor infractions, fine, clean it up but it should still have a 48 hour closure at least.

nos_efx
02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
They should be required to post these on the doors before you go in, I'm sure if they had to do that a lot of restaurants would be more compliant with health regulations.

Honda EXR
02-07-2007, 12:20 PM
And even with it posted, I bet people will still eat there. They may lose a little business at first but eventually it may pick up because the food would taste better!

eb0i
02-08-2007, 02:11 AM
In Allhambra California there is a number posted in the window of every restaurant...either 1-4 (1 being the best and 4 being the worst). These numbers are given by the cities health inspector. So you basically know how clean they keep the place before you go in and eat. It would be awesome if they did something like that here in Calgary. :thumbsup:

max_boost
02-08-2007, 02:14 AM
In LA they had a rating system A/B/C/ and the grade was posted on the front door of the restaurant. You can also request to see the health inspectors report. I don't think it was accurate as this really nice 4 star restaurant I went to was a B and the run down Popeyes Chicken in South Central was an A. I only ended up in the ghetto because my Garmin took me to the closest Popeyes. :nut: :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
02-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I only ended up in the ghetto because my Garmin took me to the closest Popeyes. :nut: :dunno:

Mmmmmmm popeyes! Last year in Vallejo we had a limo and I had the driver stop at popeyes for chicken and shrimp....so tasty :drool:

SiR_lyfe
02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
WHAT THEY ARE CLOSED? WHERE THE HELL AM I GONNA GO FOR LUNCH>

no doubt

89coupe
02-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger

You make it sound like its OK to break the rules...LOL...WTF?

If you can't take the heat, get out of the fucking kitchen...LOL...no pun intended...LOL