PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Fvcking homeless Crackheads!

R-Audi
02-02-2007, 09:54 AM
So as far as I have heard, most residential underground parking lots downtown have been hit by break-ins... well last night was my turn TIMES TWO!

Not only was my car hit, (Broken Window, sh1t thrown all over the place, stuff taken)
But ALSO a car that I was taking to get inspected to possibly purchase also had its window smashed.. then on top of that it had tinted windows, so I have to get the window tinted again..

Needless to say if I ever see another homeless person in my building.. they are in for a rude awakening.

I didnt really have the time to check out what if anything was taken from my car, but my sunglasses and CD player were still there.. along with Change in the ashtray.. Im guessing they grabbed a few CDs which sucks.. but its all pointless! I have to repair a $200 window.. and they take like $20 worth of sh1t.

I for one am sick of these people... there are enough jobs around that they dont need to steal.. they dont need the city to give them places to sleep.. what they need is to get off their asses and do something.

And spare me the addiction bullsh1t.. I have an addict in my family, and its created enough problems that I dont feel sorry for any of them.

Ship 'em all to Edmonton for all I care..

RickDaTuner
02-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi

Ship 'em all to Edmonton for all I care..

werd they would blend in quite nicely out there

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Shitty man, but at least they didn't take anything, there's a plus.

Mitsu3000gt
02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I personally don't feel sorry the least bit for homeless people, if being homeless is their own fault (most of them it is). Like you said there is tones of jobs, school until grade 12 is free (I think) and there is free help for any addiction. They have almost no excuse to be homeless, but there are some exceptions. Another thing is that they probably WANT to be arrested, so they don't care about committing crimes. A minimum security prison is like a resort compared to their regular life, and they get food and a roof over their head.

Sorry to hear about your car, was there any security cameras?

hjr
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
i dont think its the homeless people scavenging for bottles that are the stereo theft kings, thats generally reserved for the younger, dumber, poor assed hooligans. most homeless people i have dealt with have been decently social.

R-Audi
02-02-2007, 10:27 AM
The only thing taken was change and a few cd's.. never anything big like a stereo. They take what they can trade or pawn...
At least if it was a stereo it would be big enough for insurance to handle.. Crackheads are looking for money.. and thats it.

For Cameras... they are there, and right on my car, BUT the Police have been in before and stated that they dont do much good unless you catch them in the act... and if that happened... I wouldnt exactly be calling the police first.

The only thing that is somewhat positive is that both windows are being fixed today, and shouldnt get in the way of a winter driving school I have tomorrow morning in Red Deer.. But it is costing me $500 to do so.

DoubleLP
02-02-2007, 10:55 AM
That sucks bro.

In my apartment complex we have to parkades, an upper parkade which is open to the elements but fenced in, and the lower parkade which is underground and the only way in is through the garage door and the keyed door.

However for the upper garage they do not have a keyed door from the inside so if anyone where to get into the building they would have an easy time getting to the cars in the upper parkade. And that happened this summer. 9 cars were broken into with all sorts of stuff being stolen. And the stupid thing is that the complex owners have done NOTHING to stop this from happening again. They should put doors in like they have on the lower parkade to prevent shit like this happening.

I am glad that I have a parking spot in the lower parkade and not the upper one or I am sure that my car would have been hit this summer.

B20EF
02-02-2007, 10:58 AM
I had the same problem in my condo, we had car break-in's four nights in a row. I always use the club, take the faceplate off, open my glovebox, open the ashtrays and other compartments. I'm one of the only cars around my level that didn't get broken into, and I drive a civic, so it's super easy to break in too.

Just have to blatently show them, there's nothing inside

Tik-Tok
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
^^^ Yeap, that's the best way.

Another good theft deterant for your actual car is to leave a ratty haynes manual open to the transmission section, and lots of greasy fingerprints all over the pages, :rofl: (obviously only works for older cars)

freshprince
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
^^^ Yeap, that's the best way.

Another good theft deterant for your actual car is to leave a ratty haynes manual open to the transmission section, and lots of greasy fingerprints all over the pages, :rofl: (obviously only works for older cars)

lol classic.

GSR2700 ISX
02-02-2007, 02:46 PM

I didnt really have the time to check out what if anything was taken from my car, but my sunglasses and CD player were still there.. along with Change in the ashtray.. Im guessing they grabbed a few CDs which sucks.. but its all pointless! I have to repair a $200 window.. and they take like $20 worth of sh1t.

I know how you feel. Same thing happened to me a few weeks back in Chinatown. I still see the glass at that spot!! The only difference was that they took my bag which had my camera (it was an old camera but still a decent camera in which they probably made 100 dollars for it)

403Gemini
02-03-2007, 03:50 AM
I feel bad for the homeless people w/ a job (that pays like shit) and cant afford to be anywhere except the shelters and rely on places like salvation army and what not for clothes.

I dont feel sorry for the assholes sitting on their butts all day with a hat or cup out expecting a free hand through life.

I could gripe about homeless people all day, but id say realistically, only 10% of those people using those facilities actually need it. the others are just to lazy or are drug addicts and/or worthless drunks.

brentos
02-03-2007, 04:14 AM
Today at the bus shelter there was a homeless guy that came up to me and my group of friends and asked us for a couple bucks, we dug in our pockets and togeather we only came up with only 62 cents so why not give it to him. We walked away and he comes walking towards us again and asks whos the oldest and actually picking a fight with us because we didnt give him more money things go pretty heated where one of us was about to clock him in the face but than a group of 3 dudes broke things up and told the homles person to leave the bulding. The homless guy was yelling at one to fight one on one and he accepted and right when the homeless guy takes a couple steps towards the guy he reaches around his back holding something on his waist and it was a pair of cuffs. They were under cover officers but the homless guy didnt do anyhting and they let him walk off. and BTW there are SO MANY under cover cops around train stations.

Well there was my highlight of the day but there are some homless people you feal sorry for but the other addicts that caus problems you just have next to no feelings for them :dunno:
...Im tired... Need more sleep

death_rabbits
02-03-2007, 05:02 AM
i fucking hate homeless people who break into cars.

i've had my car broken into 3 times, and all they've taken is a totaly of maybe $2.37 out of the cupholder, a broken pair of fake oakleys, and a merchandising bag i used for work that had like a stapler, a tape gun and some felt markers in it. I got to the point where i just quit replacing the window cuz it wasn't worth replacing anymore. now i just drive around with plastic over my window, and ever since i started that no ones touched it.

Lo)2enz0
02-03-2007, 05:39 AM
happened at my old building downtown. since they have upgraded.

a couple bmw's, MB's and a 300c were hit. I was suprised my car didn't get hit. i had a starchoice dct in plain sight that i got for my parents, and some other things that were worth over $50

sorry to hear this happened, and yes its horriable. i swear the manager from the building watches those security cameras like a hawk cause we were taking the garage out to go to the bar cause we needed to grab some jackets from our cars after d-sport and he came down and gave us hell.

essential.mix
02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Downtown break-ins are ridiculous. My older brother had his BMW broken into where they took only a few dollars in the tray. A week later, broke into his Grand Am rental car took his cell phone, flames jersey, garage door opener and a bunch of receipts he had in there. I dont just blame the homeless, I blame the god damn drug addicts that need every penny they can get to support their nasty habit. This city really needs to clean up the amount of creeps out on our downtown streets. I have been down there for shopping or school and on any given day one could spot 10+ people with obvious drug problems wondering the streets asking for change. These people really need some help.

googe
02-04-2007, 05:56 AM
leave your doors unlocked and your car completely empty. ive even heard of some people out here that leave all their consoles and glove boxes open just to show that there is nothing of interest. if theyre gonna break in, theyre gonna break in...at least that way they can do it without wrecking anything, see there is nothing, and then leave. seems kinda weird, but it makes sense.

hussein
02-04-2007, 09:39 AM
What if you leave your car unlocked, and that day, someone decides to steal it?? That is the only problem I see with the whole leaving your doors unlocked method.

rc2002
02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
+1 for leaving your car empty. I leave nothing in there. Not even spare change. They're more than welcome to steal the car as it means I'll have a chance to get a new car and not bother with the hassle of selling it.

hjr
02-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by death_rabbits
i fucking hate homeless people who break into cars.

i've had my car broken into 3 times, and all they've taken is a totaly of maybe $2.37 out of the cupholder, a broken pair of fake oakleys, and a merchandising bag i used for work that had like a stapler, a tape gun and some felt markers in it. I got to the point where i just quit replacing the window cuz it wasn't worth replacing anymore. now i just drive around with plastic over my window, and ever since i started that no ones touched it. come on, i know you dont have a home. ive seen you on the street with a sign reading "will 'take it' for food"

Focus
02-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I find it very funny reading this post. I feel really bad for the people who have their car broken into, stuff ripped off and all that jazz. However it really bugs me when people who put a whole group together and say they all suck, and to give a stat like it is fact. I am would be curious to know of all the people on this subject who have made the effort to go down to a homeless shelter and place like it to meet and talk to some of the people who are homeless. Yes I agree that there is a problem in this city, but the fact is that we have a shortage of people to help controll it. (ie police and EMS) and the price of houses is beyond what a lot of people can afford and rent is next to non exsistant for a decent price. the majority of people who are homeless do work do have familys and do try to make it, but it is just not possible for them. And I do get that fact from working with them. I agree that there is no reason to not have a job, but there are dissabilities that stop them from working. If we as a society are not willing to chip in and help we don't have the right to bitch about it. As I said I fell sorry for the people that had their cars broken into, that sucks. but at the end of the day what is more importand a broken into car or a life that is in ruins. The homeless need help, people with disabilities need help and people with addictions need help. And when the city gets enough resources to deal with these problems I think we would be closser to a cure for the problem. And we need more police to bust the asses of the lazy ass punks who have nothing better that to distroy other peoples property.

I'm sorry for the conveluted post, but I had to say something.

:dunno: :nut:

R-Audi
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Being homeless and *trying* to make something of yourself is different... maybe I am a bit jaded from what happened, and the fact that on my walk home from work I keep on seeing the exact same guys sitting on the street corner begging with beer cans rolling around behind them. There are MORE then enough jobs around, Its just a matter of doing something.
Most of my post is geared towards the crackheads though.. they are the ones that are truly a problem dt...

thrasher22
02-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Ever talked to any homeless people? Most of them aren't 100% upstairs. Yes there are a fair amount of no good junkies on the streets, but most of them are pretty ill.

That being said anyone who breaks into a car should be shot :D. I avoid parking downtown at all costs

codetrap
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM

Barlow
02-05-2007, 12:35 PM
The only thing taken was change and a few cd's.. never anything big like a stereo. They take what they can trade or pawn...
At least if it was a stereo it would be big enough for insurance to handle.. Crackheads are looking for money.. and thats it.

For Cameras... they are there, and right on my car, BUT the Police have been in before and stated that they dont do much good unless you catch them in the act... and if that happened... I wouldnt exactly be calling the police first.

The only thing that is somewhat positive is that both windows are being fixed today, and shouldnt get in the way of a winter driving school I have tomorrow morning in Red Deer.. But it is costing me $500 to do so.

just make sure when you carry your threat out, you donlt have to post

"SO i got my ass kicked by some bums, that were breaking in to my car"

Cueman
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I got hit last night.

They left my ipod and sunglasses... but they took like 3$ worth of change from my coin tray.

My new window... $250.

If I woulda seen them/him yes I woulda gone outside. I'll risk getting my ass kicked for a chance at personal vengence. We all know the cops can't do shit.

SiR_lyfe
02-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

werd they would blend in quite nicely out there

2nd that

redart
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
know what you mean. 2 weeks ago, my passenger window was smashed again (this is the 4th time in 2 years) in my church parking lot. they stole about, 2 dollars. cost of replacing the window ~$200 each time, depending on which windows they break.

actually, 2 months ago, i'm sure it's the same guys, they smashed all of the cars windows during the church service.

Maxx Mazda
02-10-2007, 06:06 PM
My Girlfriend lives just off of 17th Ave, and I'm surprised my truck hasn't gotten broken into yet. There's SO many homeless people down here its rediculous. The reason they dont work, is cause there's no reason for them to work. We give them so many goddamn handouts it's sick... This one squegee kid right on the corner of 14th and 17th, I saw him get door surprised at about 40Km/h before, and it was sweet! He's always out there causing shit, stealing from people that walk buy and running off... I'm guessing the guy who did it had been stolen from or somethign before, or had something said to him cause once that door hit him he spun about 4 times and fell in a daze...

scat19
02-10-2007, 06:23 PM

And spare me the addiction bullsh1t.. I have an addict in my family, and its created enough problems that I dont feel sorry for any of them.

But whose choice was it to do the drugs in the first place, hmm?

Hash_man
02-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Ya lots of the homeless people downtown piss me off... ^^ squegee people are the worst... I had just washed my car a little while ago, and one ran up and started splashing dirty ass water all over my car, I told him to stop but basically had to hit him with my car before he would leave me the hell alone.

And I agree with others saying that most of the homeless get too many handouts, but at the same time, there also needs to be more low income housing in Calgary for those who actually try to get their shit together. But making more homeless shelters is definately not the answer.

rx7_turbo2
02-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Every car I have ever owned has been broken into. I hope to God I don't ever catch anyone in the act, I'm not sure what I would be capable of.

Here's my big issue with an addiction to drugs. How long have we known the addictive powers of Cocaine? Heroine? Even Meth at this point? Ya for fucking ever, if you are fucking stupid enough to get messed up with this stuff, then I have zero sympathy when it goes bad. Why on earth are we as tax payers flipping the bill for this. Methadone Clinic? You have got to be shitting me, I say lure them in with Methadone, then stab them to death with the needle instead, save us all a couple bucks. Same goes for the low life crack heads, should all be shot in the face and dumbed in a mass grave.

Anybody ever drive down E. Hastings Vancouver? I had the pleasure this summer. What value do these people have? There's nothing left of them, they have wasted their minds with drugs, and we all have to pay for it because their bodies happen to be able to continue on sans brain? Bullshit.

BlueFrenzy
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm all for helping out the homeless who perhaps ran into some bad luck and are getting back on their feet. But those that are drugged up or just plain old lazy and looking for handouts --> well it's their own damn fault.

For any young able bodied person who "claims" they can't find jobs and have to live on the streets --> yeah ok. Ever heard of the military? Sure some people may say, I don't want to fight as infantry (you're really doing your country good sitting on a corner) --> there are other careers in the military like drivers, mechanics, technicians, plumbers, cooks, even musicians!. They train you, give you a trade, possibly a place to live, pay you decent salary, benefits and pension! No excuse for being a lowlife, Canada has plenty of opportunity for employment.

Back on topic, my friend with a 1992 Civic had his car broken into 4 times in a span of 2 weeks! He honestly had nothing of interest in his car. One time, he had his Oh Henry bar stolen! Other time they took his backpack full of his stinky gym clothes.