PDA

View Full Version : Teach me torrents

Godfuader
02-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm going to confess that I was a limewire junkie, but now I'm gonna finally cave and start using "torents". Basically, I want to be able to use the links from this torrent site.

http://www.allmyepisodes.com/

I can obviously download the torrents. For example, looking for a Desperate Housewives episode, i find this link:

http://www.allmyepisodes.com/Desperate_Housewives/Dont_Look_at_Me.aspx

...and i can save it on to my desktop. Now what do I need to view the file?

Any suggestions to better sites, or a simple method?

TIA :thumbsup:

theken
02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
u need a torrent downloader like bitcomet or azureus u open that .torrent file with bit comet or azureus and it will download your file

The Cosworth
02-02-2007, 10:17 PM
there are multiple threads on this already

but go to www.utorrent.com

and download from www.isohunt.com, www.thepiratebay.org or www.torrentspy.com

Godfuader
02-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by theken
u need a torrent downloader like bitcomet or azureus u open that .torrent file with bit comet or azureus and it will download your file
azureus is a paysite?

Originally posted by brendankharris
there are multiple threads on this already

but go to www.utorrent.com

and download from www.isohunt.com, www.thepiratebay.org or www.torrentspy.com

downloaded utorrent. ran the software. double clicked on my downloaded episode. it went into downloading mode....slowly. sounds normal? do i just sit back and wait for it to 100% eventually?

The Cosworth
02-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

azureus is a paysite?

downloaded utorrent. ran the software. double clicked on my downloaded episode. it went into downloading mode....slowly. sounds normal? do i just sit back and wait for it to 100% eventually?

go to the utorrent forums

there are lots of good threads on their

also go to

http://portforward.com

that should be all you need to do.

Utorrent will download your files and the other three will help you search for good ones, make sure that the torrent is well seeded.

I.e. right now I am downloading 6 shows and seeding 10 at 375~KB/Sec and 45 KB/Sec up

Dj_Stylz
02-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Usally its slow at the begining but it should speed up. Depends on how many people are seeding the file you want. The more seeds the faster it will download

Gooseberry
02-04-2007, 02:43 AM
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ would be the official site.

www.azureus.com is just a site to trick people.

Godfuader
02-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. So I've downloaded a few movies already, but my question is that how many should I have going at one time? I had about 15...guessing thats too many eh? And whats the deal with 'seeds' and 'peers'? What should it ideally say under them...I have a few that say:

Seeds Peers

0(0) 7(21)
4(4) 3(149)
0(0) 0(0)
0(129) 0(23)
7(122) 1(45)

:dunno: :english:

dj_rice
02-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. So I've downloaded a few movies already, but my question is that how many should I have going at one time? I had about 15...guessing thats too many eh? And whats the deal with 'seeds' and 'peers'? What should it ideally say under them...I have a few that say:

Seeds Peers

0(0) 7(21)
4(4) 3(149)
0(0) 0(0)
0(129) 0(23)
7(122) 1(45)

As said from above..the more seeders, the faster your downloads will be

For me, I generally try to find a big amount of seeders but lower amount of downloaders/peers cause it'll take forever to get

The Cosworth
02-06-2007, 06:37 PM

Seeds Peers

0(0) 7(21)
4(4) 3(149)
0(0) 0(0)
0(129) 0(23)
7(122) 1(45)

man try the utorrent forums and google, all this is on the web