PDA

View Full Version : Edgemont Palace closed by Calgary Health Region

CaseoftheEX
02-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Apparently this place was infested with bugs, mice and massive bacteria - uhh I wont get into it, im sure neither you or I want to picture it. ive eaten there long ago few times and uhh

:thumbsdow

The establishment is infested with mice to the extent where droppings are present on food and food preparation surfaces. Dead mice caught on glue boards are not removed for disposal.

WTF :eek: DISGUSTING!!!!!!

If you got sick eating there, ya its probably those mouse droppings LOL.

http://www.uploading.com/files/N61C4ZXF/Edgemont_Palace_Restaurant_209_45_Edenwold_Dr_NW_Calgary_January_18_2007_A.pdf.html

Whitetiger
02-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow, so many restaurants now a days. Or is it just that Health Region are more active?

turbotrip
02-03-2007, 05:41 PM
was this the one by the superstore?

CaseoftheEX
02-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Kinda - just off Shagganapi by the Esso in a strip mall.

I knew there was something fishy with this place. There was a reason why I refused to eat there after the first couple times at family outings.

tc3
02-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Can't get the PDF. file

CaseoftheEX
02-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by tc3
Can't get the PDF. file recommend me another free uploading site.

Palmiros
02-03-2007, 06:54 PM
The PDF was dated January 18th 2007.

Here you go, for those of you that can't open pdf formats.
It is the PDF format transfered to text. Exact same document.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14795830/Edgemont_Palace_Restaurant_209_45_Edenwold_Dr_NW_Calgary_January_18_2007_A.rtf.html

chris
02-03-2007, 06:58 PM
no, thats shanghai palace, way less sketchy than edgemont palace. I havent eaten at edgemont palace for years, thank god

turbotrip
02-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by chris

no, thats shanghai palace, way less sketchy than edgemont palace. I havent eaten at edgemont palace for years, thank god

ohhh ok this is the one by mother mary green or whatever, ya i ate there a few years ago and it was pretty funkadelic

infected
02-04-2007, 01:27 AM
That place was sketchy since day one. It's good they're closed.

billabongboi21
02-04-2007, 02:41 AM
I drive by it every day
live couple blocks away
Tonight I was buying booze across the street
and the place was open :barf:
The funny thing was is it was packed haahaa
apparently my friends family knows the owners and
He eats there alot, almost every two weeks

Talies R
02-04-2007, 01:19 PM
:barf: I wish I could figure out how to download that file you posted

nvrmind found it here:

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hecomm/envhealth/Executive_Officer_Orders/Orders_Food/2007/Inactive/Edgemont_Palace_Restaurant_209_45_Edenwold_Dr_NW_Calgary_January_18_2007_I.pdf

max_boost
02-04-2007, 03:36 PM
It has to be really really really bad for the health inspector to shut you down so I can't even imagine how gross this place is.

CaseoftheEX
02-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by billabongboi21
I drive by it every day
live couple blocks away
Tonight I was buying booze across the street
and the place was open :barf:
The funny thing was is it was packed haahaa
apparently my friends family knows the owners and
He eats there alot, almost every two weeks How can it still be open? Its closed down.

Unless, im guessing they have a certain amount of time before they officially shut down?

A pit like that who has mice poluting the kitchen should be terminated on the spot. Maybe even charge the owner as well :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

billabongboi21
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
I dunno but its still open
I actually have eaten there a couple of times
and It was pretty good..
Peking duck was amazing
I sometimes pic up take out for dinner
But yea its still open so im guessing that it was only shut down for awhile :dunno:

sneek
02-04-2007, 10:30 PM
:p I live like 2 blocks away from it. I think Brent is right, it might still be open

sneek
02-04-2007, 10:43 PM
heres another link
http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hecomm/envhealth/Executive_Officer_Orders/Orders_Food/2007/Inactive/Edgemont_Palace_Restaurant_209_45_Edenwold_Dr_NW_Calgary_January_18_2007_I.pdf
and a full ist
http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hecomm/envhealth/Executive_Officer_Orders/executive_officer_food_07.htm

A2VR6
02-05-2007, 12:20 AM
I think they cleaned the place out the weekend after they got the closure notice... they were closed for a saturday then they re-opened.

Sorath
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
holy shit used to eat there so often ahahah

CaseoftheEX
02-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by billabongboi21
I dunno but its still open
I actually have eaten there a couple of times
and It was pretty good..
Peking duck was amazing
I sometimes pic up take out for dinner
But yea its still open so im guessing that it was only shut down for awhile :dunno:

Peking duck amazing? LOL, the only thing that was amazing was quick access to the liquor store across the street to wash all that crap food out of your system after you had just downed it.

Besides, im sure its not the duck that made it taste so good, but their special droppings....oops I mean toppings
:love:

Dayclone
02-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Singapore Sam’s is closed down too!

EEWWWW I USED TO EAT THERE! Don't want to know what happened.

Steve

CaseoftheEX
02-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
I think they cleaned the place out the weekend after they got the closure notice... they were closed for a saturday then they re-opened.
WFT thats messed up. Im sure the owner made sure all the mice and manfestation going on in the kitchen were inexistent :rolleyes: rrright haha

CaseoftheEX
02-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Singapore Sam’s is closed down too!

EEWWWW I USED TO EAT THERE! Don't want to know what happened.

Steve Uhh, is this news to you? lol

this place years ago, was reportedly using dog meat in their dishes :thumbsdow

Talies R
02-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX

WFT thats messed up. Im sure the owner made sure all the mice and manfestation going on in the kitchen were inexistent :rolleyes: rrright haha

lol, i called the owner today to ask about it and he openly said "yep its all true" ... he said he was gonna "paint the kitchen and clean up abit".... either way i wont return.

CaseoftheEX
02-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Talies R

lol, i called the owner today to ask about it and he openly said "yep its all true" ... he said he was gonna "paint the kitchen and clean up abit".... either way i wont return. Paint the kitchen? LMAO!!! CLean up a bit? Ya im sure a simple sweep across the floor will do wonders :rolleyes:. Thats pretty foolish for him to even say that, this place should be shut down for good. Obviously the owner doesnt give a rats ass about his clientel's well being while eating there. No respect what so ever for himself. This guy should be shot.

billabongboi21
02-05-2007, 12:58 AM

Peking duck amazing? LOL, the only thing that was amazing was quick access to the liquor store across the street to wash all that crap food out of your system after you had just downed it.

Besides, im sure its not the duck that made it taste so good, but their special droppings....oops I mean toppings
:love:

haha i love spirits of edgemont
the lady that works their on weekends sometimes is pretty nice
she is always drunk too hahhaa
but yea be sure of it i will not go near edgemont palace again
even the service is poor unless your with another asian

turbotrip
02-05-2007, 01:00 AM
This guy should be shot.

haha whoa u sure do take food seriously

hussein
02-05-2007, 01:26 AM
I've been there lots. It was always good food. :drool: :drool:

szw
02-05-2007, 03:17 AM

haha whoa u sure do take food seriously

As serious as air.

legendboy
02-05-2007, 09:17 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO

We order from there all the time, even had it friday night :rofl: :barf:

benyl
02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Sun Chui Kee was closed down too. I ate there last Sunday! :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

max_boost
02-05-2007, 10:22 AM
^^^

Sun Chiu Kee is fine. I was just there last night. Everything OK! lol
Busy restaurants are bound to be dirtier, Sun Chiu Kee is packed from open to close, no time to clean up in between lol

benyl
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
did you read the report? There was mice shit on the counters...

M_K_3
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by benyl

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
did you read the report? There was mice shit on the counters... haha damn well I must have missed that part of the report. Oh well, ignorance is bliss. I'll probably be going back sometime this week again. :rofl:

yellowsnow
02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
hmm... i don't see any report of mice droppings at sun chiu kee... just duck stored in improper temperatures, and dirty :D

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hecomm/envhealth/Executive_Officer_Orders/Orders_Food/2007/Inactive/Sun_Chiu_Kee_BBQ_Restaurant_1423_Centre_St_NW_Calgary_January_29_2007_I.pdf

But my family use to eat at Edgemont palace quite a bit! :barf: never gonna go there again, and gonna tell everyone I know who goes there about their mice 'spice' :barf:

Whitetiger
02-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Maybe the inspector just mistaken that from Black Beans to make those black bean sauce. :dunno:

:drool: black bean steamed spare ribs.

benyl
02-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
hmm... i don't see any report of mice droppings at sun chiu kee... just duck stored in improper temperatures, and dirty :D

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hecomm/envhealth/Executive_Officer_Orders/Orders_Food/2007/Inactive/Sun_Chiu_Kee_BBQ_Restaurant_1423_Centre_St_NW_Calgary_January_29_2007_I.pdf

But my family use to eat at Edgemont palace quite a bit! :barf: never gonna go there again, and gonna tell everyone I know who goes there about their mice 'spice' :barf:

oops, must have gotten that mixed up with the EP report. I opened both at the same time.

max_boost
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM

oops, must have gotten that mixed up with the EP report. I opened both at the same time. Sun Chiu Kee's report wasn't that bad. BBQ meats stored at inproper temperatures, that's how it is at every restaurant that has BBQ stand. As for kitchen not being clean, no one has time to clean it if it's busy 12 hours straight!

EnRich
02-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Whats to stop ppl from phoning the owner demanding money after eating there and getting sick? threatening to sue if he doesnt comply.

93mr2gt
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
U&Me was closed for a while too...cuz of the same issue..but probably not as bad..they have reopened though

max_boost
02-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Whats to stop ppl from phoning the owner demanding money after eating there and getting sick? threatening to sue if he doesnt comply. Nothing. But unless you got deathly ill from eating there, good luck trying to get your money back. Asian restaurants for the most part really don't care.

:rofl: :zzz:

Whitetiger
02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Nothing. But unless you got deathly ill from eating there, good luck trying to get your money back. Asian restaurants for the most part really don't care.

:rofl: :zzz:

But a lot of white ppl love to try that shit: "Your food sucks, I'll do this and that, I want my full money back even though I'm bringing you an empty container back, AND I want a free order of Ginger beef even though it made me so sick that I almost died"

CaseoftheEX
02-05-2007, 06:49 PM

haha whoa u sure do take food seriously How can you respect a man/owner who serves out fecies? Might as well serve the dead skin off his feet.:thumbsdow