PDA

View Full Version : I sh%t you not

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I was just at petro canada getting some gas when a guy came up to me and asked if i would be interested in buying this little gadget....

guy: wanna save lots of money at the pump?

me: sure how?

guy: here watch this...he pushes this little button on this remote and the gas pump price went to zero...

me: what the hell

guy: ya it will save you tons of money

me: how does it work?

guy: the pumps runs on freq codes and scrambles it.

me: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

guy: well you want to buy?

me: how much?

guy: $1k ohh well 800 just for you......

me: i dont have that with me...

guy: long pause.....alright then see ya.......

I go in to pay and i owe $2.15 but i filled a $20 cherry can...I said are you sure i thought it was more....

clerk: nope thats all you owe

Now i have worked at gas stations before i thought you need a code reader and a key to put the pump at bay.

Guess Not.

The Cosworth
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
man if you got caught using that....

cool though... but you need to make sure that you reset it with some room left so if you fill up maybe 40.00 you at least leave 15 so they dont think your on crack for adding $2.50 of fuel for 6 or 7 minutes

adam c
02-04-2007, 03:52 PM
lol

thats awesome to expensive tho

Fado
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Did you get their phone number? :D

Palmiros
02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
the story sounds futuristic.. are you sure this actually happened, or did you just wish that happened?:)

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
man if you got caught using that....

cool though... but you need to make sure that you reset it with some room left so if you fill up maybe 40.00 you at least leave 15 so they dont think your on crack for adding $2.50 of fuel for 6 or 7 minutes

Ya i know but what a crazy gadget...

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Ohh and it only works with petro canada...thats what he says ...no i didn't get a number. But im sure there's a key to make the pump go into stand by...thats going to bug me now.

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 04:01 PM
I just found this....on google...

GAS SECURITY MANUAL JUST IN TIME FOR HOLIDAY TRAVEL. ARE YOU PAYING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS A MONTH FOR GAS? NEVER AGAIN, WE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO GET FREE GAS!!!!!!!!! Modern gas pumps are controlled by internal microprocessors which are mini computers. As you know all computers/software contain bugs. We have discovered a bug in the computers that control modern gas pumps that allows you to obtain gas without paying for it by simply pressing 1 button on the pump that you would not normally press. Best of all, it is undetectable by the gas station, meaning, no one will know you are getting FREE GAS.

Get Both Manuals For...............$8.99

Little different way but interesting enough

Palmiros
02-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Ohh and it only works with petro canada...thats what he says ...no i didn't get a number. But im sure there's a key to make the pump go into stand by...thats going to bug me now.

next time you see him get a number :)

GQBalla
02-04-2007, 04:12 PM
hrmmm....... fishy...

5hift
02-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
hrmmm....... fishy...

Just like his Civic SIR for sale with 30,000 kms for 10 g's?

Hoey
02-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Shit I want one..

Graham_A_M
02-04-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah dude, you should have got his number, given the amount of driving I do, It would pay itself off in barely any time.
I sure hope the next person that runs into this person gets their number and posts it on here:D

HRD2PLZ
02-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I'd have my money's worth out of it in 6 weeks... :eek:

redline_13000
02-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Stealing gas is just like stealing anything else:thumbsup:

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 04:49 PM
It is stealing though....youre better of doing gas and runs...lol...no gadget to buy...i will get his number if i see him again. Im heading over there in a min to get some gas in the mazda... kona9 where r u???? dammit :)

Canmorite
02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

Ya. -1 for stealing.

el_fefes
02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
:werd: except mp3s :D

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes

Ya everyone steals songs off the internet...but gas is more personal... i have a sense of it being in my car and it not being legit would worry me for the first 10kms ...then yeeeeeeehaaaaa 600kms till the next tank!!!!!!! :eek:

I have certain friends that would look down on me for buying that...And my friends options matter :drama:

Mike w
02-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I was just at petro canada getting some gas when a guy came up to me and asked if i would be interested in buying this little gadget....

guy: wanna save lots of money at the pump?

me: sure how?

guy: here watch this...he pushes this little button on this remote and the gas pump price went to zero...

me: what the hell

guy: ya it will save you tons of money

me: how does it work?

guy: the pumps runs on freq codes and scrambles it.

me: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

guy: well you want to buy?

me: how much?

guy: $1k ohh well 800 just for you......

me: i dont have that with me...

guy: long pause.....alright then see ya.......

I go in to pay and i owe $2.15 but i filled a $20 cherry can...I said are you sure i thought it was more....

clerk: nope thats all you owe

Now i have worked at gas stations before i thought you need a code reader and a key to put the pump at bay.

Guess Not.
Dude, where do u get ur drugs from?. thats some fucked up shiiiit

Whitetiger
02-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

No doubt, you're not fooling anyone but yourself for stealing... might as well just gas and run.

DJ Lazy
02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes

No.. that is still stealing.

Tik-Tok
02-04-2007, 06:31 PM
LMAO!

You know how it works?

Scammer 1 walks up to you with gadget

Scammer 2 is behind the till working for gas station

Scammer 1 signals scammer 2

Scammer 2 resets pump and tells you you only owe $2

Fail-safes:

Honest person tells scammer 2 (clerk) about this guy, scammer 2 pretends to give a shit.

Dishonest person buys gadget, and gets SCREWED, but no one to complain to since it's dishonest in the first place.

Smart person says no, goes along with scam and pays $2 for his jerry can of fuel.

Edit to add: Or at least this is how I'd run the scam if I were a dishonest crook.

Palmiros
02-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
LMAO!

You know how it works?

Fail-safes:

Honest person tells scammer 2 (clerk) about this guy, scammer 2 pretends to give a shit.

Dishonest person buys gadget, and gets SCREWED, but no one to complain to since it's dishonest in the first place.

Smart person says no, goes along with scam and pays $2 for his jerry can of fuel.

Edit to add: Or at least this is how I'd run the scam if I were a dishonest crook.

Damn. That's the smartest thing i've heard all day.

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I just drove by the petro canada in falconridge....he is there hes driving a brand new vw gti i belive. There's an east indian guy working in petro...im thinking this ISNT a scam with the clerk. But who knows.

toomuchb00st
02-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I just drove by the petro canada in falconridge....he is there hes driving a brand new vw gti i belive. There's an east indian guy working in petro...im thinking this ISNT a scam with the clerk. But who knows.

Buddy just like your 2000 honda civic with 30000kms this is bullshit. Your a 12 year old kid and a good lier, but not good enough.

The Cosworth
02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
LMAO!

You know how it works?

Fail-safes:

Your one smart MoFo

Never though of that, who works at a gas station :devil:

jk

adam c
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
oh snap i live by there i should go get some cheap gas

Vietsta
02-04-2007, 11:08 PM
and like that 2004 honda civic or something that he bought not to long again

gofastmerc
02-04-2007, 11:11 PM
LMAO!

You know how it works?

Fail-safes:

And who are going to complain that you got ripped off? The cops?? :rofl:

Good scam, almost foolproof, exept for the fact that you have to pay for alot of gas before you got a sucker.

toomuchb00st
02-04-2007, 11:11 PM
ya this kid is a goof.

finboy
02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

No.. that is still stealing.

not in canada ;)

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Umm im not a kid...nice try though...Not sure that i care what you say. google the fact that there is such devices out there.

Palmiros
02-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Umm im not a kid...nice try though...Not sure that i care what you say. google the fact that there is such devices out there.

The "google results" you posted above are a scam as well.

Neil4Speed
02-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Ya. -1 for stealing.

Agreed. I can't believe someone is actually considering this.

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros

The "google results" you posted above are a scam as well.

I just googled it...thats what i found. interesting enough....that its out there.

hussein
02-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Shiiit, sniff a bit of that gas while you were pumping it? jk,

Wow, Tik-Tok already has them figured out. Props. :thumbsup:

DC2Legend
02-04-2007, 11:43 PM
lol im pretty sure its a scam, why would the gas pumps use frequency to calculate how much gas is goin out?

and if it were true, id buy it

but usually things like this are scams and many ppeople get fooled, and cant even report it to the police, cause they tried to buy something that would be illegal if actually works

tik-tok is smart
+1

2BLUE
02-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Well i can't be bothered to argue think what you want. Either way its a scam and im not interested. But i am interested on winning my quad..wish me luck...

Just a cheap quad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130075761407&rd=1&rd=1

toomuchb00st
02-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Well i can't be bothered to argue think what you want. Either way its a scam and im not interested. But i am interested on winning my quad..wish me luck...

Just a cheap quad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130075761407&rd=1&rd=1

Thats beside the point you goof.

2EFNFAST
02-05-2007, 12:46 AM

Just a cheap quad.

Hope you don't mind it breaking after 4 or 5uses. (sic)

Nova316
02-05-2007, 12:56 AM
What I dont get is how your able to scramble code without the pump having some kind of reciever since it doesnt make any sense unless it was some kinda powerful magnet
But anyways
you are one smart man Tik-Tok
Would of never thought about that for all we know it could
of been a garage opener :)

2BLUE
02-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Hope you don't mind it breaking after 4 or 5uses. (sic)

Ohh come on now its got warrentee...lol

marko polo
02-05-2007, 01:12 AM
:thumbsdow