PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ Command Start CS-5401-AM

DarkSyd
02-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I wasn't sure where else to post, but I saw some similar threads here.

I just picked up a used 1995 Camry that had a command start installed in it. Worked great for the last two weeks, then just quit altogether this afternoon. The ignition does nothing, and I'm getting just a little bit of power to everything else....dim dome light, a bit of a noise when I hit the door locks, but not enough juice to open them. To top it off, as a result of my mucking with the remote, the alarm is now wonky....it's making pathetic little half-arsed attempts to go off, but it's really not impressing anybody. It also doesn't show any signs of wanting to turn off either.

The battery is showing 12.5 volts, so it looks OK. Wiring issue someplace else perhaps?

I have no idea where the 'on/off' switch might be, if there is one...I don't see anything under the dash anyways. I tried unplugging the unit itself, but of course other than stopping the alarm, it really didn't help things much. At least it gave me a chance to get the part number off of it :)

If anyone has any ideas on what may have happened, how to fix it, or how to just remove the dang thing altogether, I'd much appreciate it. I don't have a manual or anything for it, some I'm a bit lost.

Cheers
DS

DarkSyd
02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Nevermind...got her sorted out....really crummy battery connections.

Still can't find the valet switch anywhere...I can see the wires where it connects to the module, but it's too dang cold to spend a lot of time trying to trace the wires :)