02-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Saprykin to Ottawa:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197903&hubname=

Kirbs17
02-27-2007, 01:31 PM
sources say Yanic perrault to toronto

88CRX
02-27-2007, 01:32 PM
TSN just reported 4 live trades haha. Here they all come.

Zubris to Buffalo.

Kirbs17
02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Sounds like smyth is out of edmonton:eek:

rony_espana
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
^didn't expect that to happen

ronaldo
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Smyth for prospects Ryan O'Marra and Robert Nilsson and the Islanders' first-round pick in 2007

SneakyNeek
02-27-2007, 02:48 PM
those fucking idiots i better not c Lowe walking buy me

HyperZell
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek

What the hell did you just say?

5hift
02-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Calgary supposidly made a deal with the Devils for a 6th or 7th defencemen.

5hift
02-27-2007, 02:52 PM
And man oh man if I was a Oiler fan I would be pissed. Your best player gone for a bunch of nobodies and a pick in a weak draft.

Too Bad I'm not a Oiler Fan though.

:poosie:

:goflames:

SneakyNeek
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
well goku i just said

those fucking idiots(lowe) I better not c lowe walking by me.

rage2
02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Well what could Edmonton do really? They couldn't sign smyth... and he's a UFA next season. They're pretty much out of playoffs contention. Either sit with Smyth and get nothing, or dump him now and get some stuff and hope he resigns next year.

Hakkola
02-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Well what could Edmonton do really? They couldn't sign smyth... and he's a UFA next season. They're pretty much out of playoffs contention. Either sit with Smyth and get nothing, or dump him now and get some stuff and hope he resigns next year.

I'll guarantee right now that he won't resign in Edmonton for any amount of money, you can quote me on that. :thumbsup: I think it's a good move though, Edmonton is likely to miss the playoffs, at least the got something for him.

If Islanders make the playoffs and DiPietro stays hot, watch out for them, they could be this years "Cinderella" team.

What do you guys think about Roberts and Laraque in Pittsburgh?

JRSC00LUDE
02-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I think those two going to pittsburgh is great. They need some muscle and i really like big George and how can't Roberts help them in a playoff run, leadership and experience and still some good skills.

yellowsnow
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Looks like sutter made another good move :thumbsup:
David Hale from NJ + 5th to Calgary for a 3rd rounder

HyperZell
02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
well goku i just said

Oh yes, I completely understand now.

Thanks to the other posters in this thread for keeping the intelligence level up. I can read and comprehend what you're saying!

Si_FlyGuy
02-27-2007, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by HyperZell

What the hell did you just say?

well goku i just said

You can tell it's an oiler fan when...
:rofl:

Glad to see one more team throw in the towel.

toyboy88
02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
my thought's/stuff on the day's trades...

- flames get david hale from jersey, good trade for depth and future, think phaneuf type guy with less offense (according to TSN), basically also swapping picks = : up:

- buffalo getting zubrius to add to the already amazing offense:eek:

- also SJ getting guerin to there also pretty decent offense

-pitts getting veteran roberts for leadership down the stretch, and finally getting an "enforcer" for sid the kid

- also buff picking up biron and another GK

:)

Si_FlyGuy
02-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't get the Brad Boyes trade, the Conklin over Biron deals, and the overpayment for Tkachuk.

TeamBestBud
02-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Love the Laraque to Pitts deal. They're going to make a strong push this year.

Hakkola
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

- also buff picking up biron and another GK

:)

Philly picked up Biron, he used to play for Buffalo.

Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
I don't get the Brad Boyes trade, the Conklin over Biron deals, and the overpayment for Tkachuk.

Biron is UFA this summer, and he wasn't playing in Buffalo, he wanted to go somewhere that he could play, even if that's just for the remainder of the season. Better late I suppose... Biron also made 2 million a year as a backup, Conklin makes less than that.

Mr_John
02-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I'll guarantee right now that he won't resign in Edmonton for any amount of money, you can quote me on that. :thumbsup:

He would and just might. Problem is that the Oilers might not be able to afford him. He loves playing in Edmonton and has many family reasons to stay. It's not exactly like he hated Edmonton and wanted out. Exact opposite actually but this is his only chance to bank in while he's at his peak. If Oilers flash the cash then he'll be an Oiler again.

Hakkola
02-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Mr_John

He would and just might. Problem is that the Oilers might not be able to afford him. He loves playing in Edmonton and has many family reasons to stay. It's not exactly like he hated Edmonton and wanted out. Exact opposite actually but this is his only chance to bank in while he's at his peak. If Oilers flash the cash then he'll be an Oiler again.

I'm sure he liked Edmonton, but not enough to stay there for the offer that was tabled. People say the offer and what Smyth wanted had only a $200-300 000 difference. What people don't seem to realize is that over the period of 5 years that's a difference of $1 000 000, minimum. Not exactly what I would call close.

Mr_John
02-28-2007, 01:25 AM

I'm sure he liked Edmonton, but not enough to stay there for the offer that was tabled. People say the offer and what Smyth wanted had only a $200-300 000 difference. What people don't seem to realize is that over the period of 5 years that's a difference of $1 000 000, minimum. Not exactly what I would call close.

You're right that its not close at all but you stated

I'll guarantee right now that he won't resign in Edmonton for any amount of money, you can quote me on that.

At any amount. For 5.5million I'm sure Smyth would sign back with Edmonton.

Smyth was playing hardball because he knows that 5.2-5.3 million a year will still be there in the summer. He's unrestricted at seasons end and I could see him signing with Edmonton. Either 5.2-5.3 million for a long term deal or for the full 5.5 but for a much shorter term deal.

But chances are he'll sign with someone else.

edit: TSN and Sportsnet keeps using Tanguay as an example for the pay scale. Kinda makes me chuckle to think that in an indirect way it was Sutter's fault that Smyth is gone from Edmonton.

Team_Mclaren
02-28-2007, 01:27 AM

actually.. in hockey talk.. 1mill in 5 years isnt much... teams place players who makes millions year to minors and injury list just to save cap room.

Hakkola
02-28-2007, 09:19 AM

You're right that its not close at all but you stated

At any amount. For 5.5million I'm sure Smyth would sign back with Edmonton.

Someone will pay him what he thinks he deserves, that team probably won't be Edmonton. Remember, no home team discount, Edmonton would likely have to match any offer he recieves from other teams during the summer, and that could be more than 5.5 million. I stand by my comment that he won't be signed by Edmonton. We'll see in the summer though. ;)

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

actually.. in hockey talk.. 1mill in 5 years isnt much... teams place players who makes millions year to minors and injury list just to save cap room.

Then why didn't they bridge the gap? Appearantly for the Oilers it was too much.

TeamBestBud
02-28-2007, 09:27 AM
edit: TSN and Sportsnet keeps using Tanguay as an example for the pay scale. Kinda makes me chuckle to think that in an indirect way it was Sutter's fault that Smyth is gone from Edmonton.

I don't get why they're using Tangs as an example. Ryan Smyth was the face of their franchise. We have Iggy. The only reason Tangs is getting paid that much is because he's an exceptional player. Ryan Smyth, not so much. All he does is stand infront of the net and bang away. He's a leader for sure but not an exceptional player like Tanguay. Smyth doesn't make evryone around him better; Tanguay does.

I don't see how they compare.

Hakkola
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

I don't get why they're using Tangs as an example. Ryan Smyth was the face of their franchise. We have Iggy. The only reason Tangs is getting paid that much is because he's an exceptional player. Ryan Smyth, not so much. All he does is stand infront of the net and bang away. He's a leader for sure but not an exceptional player like Tanguay. Smyth doesn't make evryone around him better; Tanguay does.

I don't see how they compare.

A goal is a goal, no matter how it comes. Smyth has a point per game, 31 goals and 22 assists, that's pretty good. However even if he had played 63 games he would be on par with Tanguay and Langkow, so he's not really worth what he's asking. Oilers should be happy he's gone, that money can be better spent elsewhere. He's a great player, but not worth that kind of money, especially if they can't make the playoffs.

Mr_John
02-28-2007, 01:07 PM

A goal is a goal, no matter how it comes. Smyth has a point per game, 31 goals and 22 assists, that's pretty good. However even if he had played 63 games he would be on par with Tanguay and Langkow, so he's not really worth what he's asking. Oilers should be happy he's gone, that money can be better spent elsewhere. He's a great player, but not worth that kind of money, especially if they can't make the playoffs.

:werd:
A goal is a goal. He has the best hand eye co-ordination in the league and is the best at his style of hockey (being the garbage goal man).
He was asking for Tanguay money but he was the face of the Oilers so he demanded a little more. TSN also said that its also because Smyth has more creditentials than Tanguay. (ie World championships and Olympics)

I honestly hope somehow Edmonton and Smyth reach some sort of agreement in the middle. He is good for hockey and good for the Oilers.

88CRX
02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Smyth won't sign back with the Oilers in the offseason.

Supa Dexta
02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Smyth won't sign back with the Oilers in the offseason.

yeah once he gets out of edmonton and realizes how much it sucks, maybe he'll get a haircut, some new teeth, and stay away....

CCM Pro
03-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Anyone see that ridiculous late hit on Tomas Kaberle in the leafs/devils game? Cam Janssen is so dirty no wonder he only plays 2 min a game...I hope they extract some revenge on him next game.

adamc
03-04-2007, 03:24 PM
nucks are looking good for a cup run this year! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TeamBestBud
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by adamc
nucks are looking good for a cup run this year! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

roloson lead the oilers in his first year with the team to the finals, and kipper did it with the flames too in his first year with the team...Could this be the 'Nucks and Luongos year?

md14
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Anybody see Chris Simon in the Rangers - Islanders game.. Man he fucked up big time :drama:

asuth077
03-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by md14
Anybody see Chris Simon in the Rangers - Islanders game.. Man he fucked up big time :drama:

No kidding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht6RyAI9370&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoveredinoil%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F

Best angle is at the end.

Deibs
03-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Holy shit, I missed that one. I even have Center Ice!

ronaldo
03-09-2007, 12:25 AM
holy shit...that was ridiculous. totally uncalled for

D'z Nutz
03-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Oh simon, why did you do that?? :(

BerserkerCatSplat
03-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Fuck, Simon, what the hell were you thinking? That kind of shit sickens me.

heinz256
03-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Crazy thing is that this falls exactly on the anniversary of the bertuzzi/ moore incident in 04

toyboy88
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Geez, Simon.... 'nuff said :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

D'z Nutz
03-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Simon's been suspended a minimum of 25 games.

Islanders' Simon suspended for balance of regular season and Playoffs
Mar 11, 2007, 9:35 AM EST
Minimum 25-game Ban Could Include Games At Start of 2007-08

NEW YORK - New York Islanders forward Chris Simon has been suspended, for the remainder of the 2006-07 regular season and the entirety of the Stanley Cup playoffs, for deliberately using his stick to injure New York Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg during the third period of Thursday night's game at Nassau Veterans' Memorial Coliseum.

Simon is suspended a minimum of 25 games, including Saturday night's game against Washington plus the 14 that remain in the 2006-07 regular season. If the Islanders do not qualify for the 2007 playoffs, or play fewer than 10 playoff games in the 2007 playoffs, Simon would serve additional games at the start of the 2007-08 regular season to satisfy the minimum term of the suspension.

"The National Hockey League will not accept the use of a stick in the manner and fashion in which Mr. Simon used his Thursday night," said Colin Campbell, NHL Senior Executive Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations. "As a consequence of his actions, Mr. Simon has forfeited the privilege of playing in an NHL game again this season, regardless of how many games the Islanders ultimately play."

Based on his $1-million contract, which expires at the conclusion of the 2006-07 season, Simon forfeits a minimum of $80,213.90. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 13:29 of the third period. After receiving a hard check from Hollweg, Simon swung his stick and delivered a two-handed blow to Hollweg's upper body, causing a cut on Hollweg's chin. Simon was assessed a Match penalty.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=290330

ronaldo
03-11-2007, 12:59 PM
longest suspension in nhl history

Kirbs17
03-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Good. This kind of crap needs to stop. Its damaging the game. Although, the NFL and NBA are still worse and Americans can't get enough of those sports

D'z Nutz
03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Claire and Peter from Heroes doing an NHL promo:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/03/16/milo-ventimiglia-hayden-panettiere/

I think Claire's got a big noggin, but those pics of her licking the Stanley Cup give me a bit of a chubby; just enough to keep it legal :rofl:

Kirbs17
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Pittsburgh and Ottawa in the first round out east :drool: :drool: Going to be a very entertaining series!!

h_s
04-08-2007, 03:57 PM
oh my f-in goodness, is anyone else watching the nj and nyi game???

CRXguy
04-08-2007, 04:18 PM
The centre of the universe just collapsed!! Haha... Stupid Leafs.

2002civic
04-08-2007, 04:20 PM
haha they got two heart breaking hopes, the win yesterday and the devils tying it with.8 left but thankfully the islanders finished em off:thumbsup: :goflames:

88CRX
04-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by h_s
oh my f-in goodness, is anyone else watching the nj and nyi game???

HOLY SHIT!

That was intense.... NJ scored with 0.8 seconds left hahah...

Foooooooooooooooour!

A2VR6
04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
what a way to end the season! That was pretty damn sweet! Ended up just the way I wanted it to... with the leafs out for the 2nd year in a row.

ronaldo
04-08-2007, 04:44 PM
what a great game...gotta love how smyth fucked up

hjr
04-08-2007, 05:09 PM
amazing game. as soon as the habs were knocked out i immediately began hoping that the islanders would kick t.o. out. praise the lord. would have perfered the habs, but the islanders havent had a great bunch of years, and every team should make the playoffs once in a while

Moonracer
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
:clap: Go Islanders....lol They were my favorite team when I was a kid.

Kirbs17
04-08-2007, 06:29 PM
:clap: :clap: Im so glad the Leafs arent in the Playoffs:rofl:

D'z Nutz
04-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Playoff schedule:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2007/tvschedule-rd1.html

Hakkola
04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
:clap: :clap: Im so glad the Leafs arent in the Playoffs:rofl:

I'd rather watch the leafs than the islanders though. :barf: Wish Montreal made it. :( Go Pittsburgh!

HyperZell
04-09-2007, 12:06 PM

I'd rather watch the leafs than the islanders though. :barf: Wish Montreal made it. :( Go Pittsburgh!

I'd rather watch The Antiques Roadshow while being hit with a bat than watch the Leafs. I was pulling for the Habs, but oh well, we get to see NYI get destroyed by Buffalo.

SuPhistiKatEd
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, looks like the Flames will have to deal with Sakic for another year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=203493&hubname=nhl

Good 'ol Joe.

A2VR6
04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Well, looks like the Flames will have to deal with Sakic for another year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=203493&hubname=nhl

Good 'ol Joe.

yep truly a class act... would rather stay in colorado than test the free agent market.

SuPhistiKatEd
04-11-2007, 05:30 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Talk Begins Here!

Anybody watching the Sens/Pens game? 2-0 Sens in the first. Pens look like a backyard hockey team right now. Ottawa is absolutely clubbing them.

Moonracer
04-11-2007, 06:06 PM
yeah that was a brutal start for the Pens. I think they'll come back in the 2nd.

md14
04-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Man I'm loving this game between the Predators and Sharks. Holy! Anyone see Forsberg out there he's a mad man hitting anything that moves lol...

And the Preschoolers well wow.. I think the score speaks for itself

Hakkola
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Man I'm loving this game between the Predators and Sharks. Holy! Anyone see Forsberg out there he's a mad man hitting anything that moves lol...

And the Preschoolers well wow.. I think the score speaks for itself

Exciting game, pens game was boring, but I'm not surprised by the outcome, in fact for the past few days I've been thinking of the series between col and det where one team won 7-1 one day, the next the other team won 7-1. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case in the pens series.

toyboy88
04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow nashville down 2-4 against SJ with 6 min left, tie it up with 55 secs left goalie pulled!

md14
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Going into double OT for the first game not bad..
Should be a wicked series, I wonder how the Sharks are going to be without Cheechoo

D'z Nutz
04-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Anyone following the Vancouver/Dallas game? Fucken exciting! Canucks just killed the 2 man advantage in double OT.

bball2
04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Man 60 shots on goal by Dallas, and the Canucks are still in this one in 3OT, Luongo is hardcore!!

Team_Mclaren
04-12-2007, 12:43 AM
turco has bee the hardcore one in the third OT. how long is it going to go for?!!!!

ronaldo
04-12-2007, 12:44 AM
great goal tending on both ends. that blocker save by turco saved them

65 shots:eek:

D'z Nutz
04-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Fack, quadruple OT!

Nissanaddict
04-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Anybody still watching on a school/work night? When you're in a pool, it's hard to stop.

Dren
04-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Crazzzzzzzy Game....turned off..and..now watchin again !!

Dren
04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Van Won! :)

WHAT A GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benny
04-12-2007, 01:34 AM
AGH I hate those goddamn Sedins.

ronaldo
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM
nice goal.

bluetek
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM
LUONGO'S A BEAAASSSTTT!!!

max_boost
04-12-2007, 01:37 AM
What a freaking game. That was nuts!

TeamBestBud
04-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by bluetek
LUONGO'S A BEAAASSSTTT!!!

:werd:

:zzz:

buh_buh
04-12-2007, 01:42 AM
goddamn I just watched 8.5 hours of hockey straight... and it was fucking awesome. Too bad Vancouver won though. The Sedins were dominating all OT. I had a feeling they'd be in on the game winner. :thumbsdow
It must be so demoralizing for Dallas to lose this way. I'm pretty sure Vancouver's going to win this series now.

kongaj
04-12-2007, 01:46 AM
I would have to disagree.
Turco just showed hes not the old turco anymore, and Dallas can count on em when needed. It should be an interesting series.
Although if their games go on like this, the winner of the series will be easy pickings in next round... they will be tired as @#$%

I was cheering for Dallas the whole time.
I can never cheer for Vancouver, Edmonton or Tampa.

Calgary Flames Fan for life.

Orbie
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I agree it's hard to watch Van win, but what a grueling game, I was tired just watching it. On a separate note, anyone else think that the Canuck's entrance at the beginning of the game is extremely gay? I don't know I never liked those twirling towels, and add the U2 music in with the sirens and it just seems really lame. I actually don't mind U2 at all either, it's probably just the idea of cheering on a team by twirling a towel that bothers me...like how a gay cowboy might do it.

adamc
04-12-2007, 12:04 PM
speaking of a bunch of gay cowboys, you ladies excited to watch the flames lose tonight?

TEAMFaint
04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
What I thought of the games I watched:

Ottawa vs Pens

Ottawa came out hot, and never stopped. Lots of players have playoff experience so it came naturally for them.

Crosby had his gitter, as well as Fluery, which really hurt the Pens. He did calm down after the 2nd period when he started to gain confidence, however it was too late.

Roberts played a very phsyical game which was fun to watch. The rest of the Penguins are gonna have to step up the physical game to put guys like Alfreddson, Spezza, Heatley, and truthfully..the top 3 lines for ottawa out of the game. It's their only chance.

Dont think the penguins are out though, game two is gonna be a whole different ball game. I'm expecting overtime.

Wild VS Ducks

What a game this was. I thought it was very entertaining to watch. I called it from the beginning of the game that the final score would be 2-1, and sure enough..I just wish it woulda went the other way around!

Truthfully, not a lot went wrong for either team. Everyone had their chances to put the puck in the net.

Both goaltenders played amazing. I love watching Backstrom, he is so calm and gives up next to no rebounds making him an outstanding goalie.

This is definately gonna be the series I watch all the way through :)

Nashville vs SJ Jose

Nobdy expected it. I did. I think Nashville has a great chance to put this series away if they play solid like they did in the 3rd period last night.

Truthfully I would have started Chris Mason over Voukoun. I think you can expect to see either/or in game 2.

justincalgary
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by kongaj
I would have to disagree.
Turco just showed hes not the old turco anymore, and Dallas can count on em when needed. It should be an interesting series.
Although if their games go on like this, the winner of the series will be easy pickings in next round... they will be tired as @#$%

I disagree with you about Turco, they couldn't really count on him and he hasn't proven anything yet. He basically played 2 1/3 games last night and faced 56 shots, 20 less than Luongo, for a stellar .910 save%. Not really great, and that averages out to only 24 shots per game when broken down.

I think the next game will be the better deciding factor on how good/bad Turco is in playoffs and how the playoff pressure will be on Luongo's mind.

Turco really reminds me of Cloutier from back in the day, awesome regular season, every season, and just can't pull it out when the chips are on the table.

If he keeps playing the puck the way he does, he is going to get burned. Don't get me wrong, he is almost as good as Brodeur when it comes down to it with puck handling, but he doesn't seem to pick his times properly. I have never seen a goalie go behind his own net when the pressure is down low.

Team_Mclaren
04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary

I disagree with you about Turco, they couldn't really count on him and he hasn't proven anything yet. He basically played 2 1/3 games last night and faced 56 shots, 20 less than Luongo, for a stellar .910 save%. Not really great, and that averages out to only 24 shots per game when broken down.

Are you kidding me? Luongo was amazing last night no doubt , but facing 56 shots and playing for "2 and 1/3" games is crazy for ANYONE. In order for the teams to go into 4OT both goalies have to be amazing and we saw that last night. Its not how many shots you faced, its how many that you scoring chances you saved that saved your team.

pepschnops
04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
the discussion isn't about Luongo anymore, how about Sopel and his back spasms caused from picking up a cracker??????

April 12, 2007
Cracker crumbles Sopel's back

Brent Sopel had a fight with a cracker. And the cracker won.

The reason defenceman Brent Sopel was out of the lineup Wednesday was "He picked up a cracker yesterday [Tuesday] and his back blew out and just spasmed out," said Canucks coach Alain Vigneault to the Vancouver Province.

Seriously?

"I swear," added Vigneault.

Link: http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hearsay/2007/04/12/cracker_crumbles_sopels_back/

TeamBestBud
04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary

If he keeps playing the puck the way he does, he is going to get burned. Don't get me wrong, he is almost as good as Brodeur when it comes down to it with puck handling, but he doesn't seem to pick his times properly. I have never seen a goalie go behind his own net when the pressure is down low.

I thought he picked his times properly. ie. When he put on a clinic and killed the Canuck PP all by himself:rolleyes:

buh_buh
04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Turco made some great saves last night, and wasn't helped by a couple of bad bounces. I think Luongo was the suspect one (before OT) letting in a couple of weak ones. Vancouver's usually pretty good at squandering a lead (let alone a 2 goal lead) in the 3rd and Luongo almost blew it for them. Overall, although Luongo made more saves, I think Turco make more better saves.

justincalgary
04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
If it came down to actual scoring chances, then Luongo destroyed Turco. Being a huge Canucks fan, it was really hard to watch the game last night, they simply blew, except for the last two overtime periods. We didn't have really any great chances on Turco at all. For the first 5 periods (man is that weird to type) Turco had it pretty easy. The last goal let in by Luongo was weaksauce for sure, but the 3rd goal wasn't his fault, to me it looked like Mitchell knocked it in off his skate when the rebound came out.

BoS_DC2
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
last night's Nucks vs Stars game was so god damn LONG. Lol, gave up after end of third period, glad the canadian team won!

Go4Long
04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
listened to the call on satellite radio...gotta say from what I heard it sounded like up until the third overtime Dallas was generating a lot more good shooting oppurtunities, while vancouver was just...shooting. then the twin's started to light it up in the third overtime...

D'z Nutz
04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Hahaha! Caught this on the commercial during the TB/NJ game

IxS6HzxjE4c

Robitaille: Fooled you there. Fooled you there. I got you there. Oh! Look at this... score!

md14
04-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Man that was one awesome game to watch! I think this Preds, Sharks series is going to be great, so much hate right now.. and it's not a slow defensive game.

Forsberg and Kariya holding there own and knocking some bodies around I love it! and man Forsberg is a force at the moment but Dumont? Holy he's just on fire as well

Go Preds!

TeamBestBud
04-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Man that was one awesome game to watch! I think this Preds, Sharks series is going to be great, so much hate right now.. and it's not a slow defensive game.

Forsberg and Kariya holding there own and knocking some bodies around I love it! and man Forsberg is a force at the moment but Dumont? Holy he's just on fire as well

Go Preds!

:werd: Its definitly heating up. This is going to be a very exciting series to watch:thumbsup:

What do you think of the Radulov hit though? I think it should most definitly be a suspension for atleast a game. That was unneccesary

md14
04-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

What do you think of the Radulov hit though? I think it should most definitly be a suspension for atleast a game. That was unneccesary

Yeah It was a dirty hit, and in the replays you can see he charged in, and I only got a look at it but seems like he was leading with his elbow aswell?

It's too bad Radulov was having a breakout performance and I'm sure him and forsberg would have torched the Sharks, Hopefully he is back soon

adamc
04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
sad effort by the canucks tonight. boring ass game.

justincalgary
04-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by adamc
sad effort by the canucks tonight. boring ass game.

100% agree, really shows how much it hurts losing 3 of your penalty killers/energy guys.

88CRX
04-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Van/Dallas and the Min/Ducks games were both kinda boring... oh well, should be some good hockey tomorrow afternoon/evening.