PDA

View Full Version : Official NHL 2006-2007 Thread & Trade/Playoff talk

Pages : [1] 2 3

D'z Nutz
02-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Late into the season, but better late than never.

Post all non-Flames and non-Oilers related discussion here....

Looks like LA is really cleaning up house. Avery got traded to the Rangers today.

NEW YORK (AP) - Sean Avery, the NHL's most-penalized player the past two seasons, was traded to the New York Rangers on Monday night in a deal that sent checking forward Jason Ward to the Los Angeles Kings.

Avery had 10 goals, 18 assists and 116 penalty minutes in 55 games this season with the Kings, who also acquired the rights to unsigned forwards Marc-Andre Cliche and Jan Marek. Los Angeles sent 19-year-old prospect John Seymour to the Rangers.

"Some teams were actively pursuing Sean, the New York Rangers were very aggressive," Kings general manager Dean Lombardi said. "From our standpoint, the key is the young player, Cliche, who has impressed us."

Avery has made more of a splash off the ice.

The brash left winger received a league reprimand in September 2005 when he made derogatory comments about French-Canadian players after then-Phoenix defenceman Denis Gauthier hit former Kings teammate Jeremy Roenick in an exhibition game. Avery issued an apology.

He also was outspoken a few months later when he received a fine for diving during a game. Avery complained about the punishment, which resulted from a second offense, and drew a second US$1,000 fine. He suggested that the NHL singled him out because of his earlier comments.

As part of his protest to the diving fine, Avery chastised union members on the league's competition committee - including new Rangers teammate Brendan Shanahan - for agreeing to such penalties that aren't subject to appeal in the collective bargaining agreement.

The 26-year old Avery had 257 penalty minutes in 75 games last season along with career highs of 15 goals, 24 assists and 39 points. He signed a one-year contract with the Kings before this season worth $1.1 million and can become a restricted free agent in the summer.

"He's been good," Lombardi said. "All year he's learned to be a better teammate. He comes to play every night. Sometimes emotion gets the best of him. I think he's made marked improvement this year.

"Sometimes players just take a little time to mature. Sean's still young, hopefully he'll continue to do so. He's going to a big stage now. If he continues (to mature), he'll do just fine. From the summer, when I first got there, there wasn't much of a market for Sean Avery. He's made progress."

The deal was completed shortly before the Rangers faced the Detroit Red Wings, Avery's first NHL team. He is expected to join the team for Tuesday's game at New Jersey.

New York has been looking for a spark while trying to break out of a slump in which the Rangers lost six of nine and 13 of 20. They were held to two goals or fewer 11 times during the stretch that dropped them below the cutoff line in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Ward, who can be an unrestricted free agent after the season, had four goals and six assists in 46 games. He was scratched for five of New York's previous seven games.

Seymour had one goal and five assists in 34 games with the Brampton of the Ontario Hockey League.

The Kings, last in the Western Conference, are looking more to the future.

Cliche, 19, has 15 goals and 21 assists in 35 games with Lewiston of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, while Marek posted 17 goals and 26 assists in 42 games with Magnitogorsk of the Russian Hockey League.

"Jason Ward obviously is an NHL player, he can come in and play for us right now," Lombardi said. "A player like Cliche, who played for the Canadian National team, this kid works his tail off, he's the type character we're looking for.

"Marek is one of the leading scorers in that league. He's got a lot of skill and is made for this game. Two players who have some upside and a player (Ward) who can come in and play now. I think this made a lot of sense for us."

Other LA related news, Lundmark also scrored 2 goals so far since the trade.

Nissanaddict
02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Well he scored one goal. The first one, he was simply the last one to touch the puck before an opposing player Steve Smithed it or something. Good riddance out of the west for Avery. Glad to see him gone.

Minnesota news: Manny Fernandez to be out for about a month with his current injury.

NW Divison: 10 points separate first from last...is that the highest the difference has been all season?

Dallas Stars seemingly falling out of the sky a little bit....can there be room for 4 teams from the NW?

SuPhistiKatEd
02-05-2007, 11:02 PM
I've been wishing for a thread like this all season.

Looks like the Kings are cleaning house. What's next, Blake to Deadmonton? Seeing as how Smith is unhappy there, the Oilers need some leadership.

Nissanaddict
02-06-2007, 12:10 AM
The word as per the Fan 960 is that they want to keep Blake around, as a mentor to prospect Jack Johnson. Although they do have Visnovsky in there as well. I expect one, but not both to go, but they did mention Blake specifically.

HyperZell
02-06-2007, 11:08 AM
An Official Post inside an Official Thread: NHLers who should just retire already.

1. Rob Blake
2. Chris Chelios
3. Dominik Hasek
4. Jeremy Roenick (I really want to see him as a color commentator)
5. The A2VR6 Special - Joe Sakic

A2VR6
02-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell
An Official Post inside an Official Thread: NHLers who should just retire already.

oh im sorry, i didnt know getting more than a point per game was grounds for retirement. Give it up already :thumbsdow .

In other news, looks like Samsonov wants to be traded...

Gondi Stylez
02-06-2007, 01:06 PM

1. Rob Blake
2. Chris Chelios
3. Dominik Hasek
4. Jeremy Roenick (I really want to see him as a color commentator)

Hasek is not going to retire for atleast 2 more season! he has been playing the the Dom of old in detroit and that means hes there to stay!

I think Sakic could go for one more maybe 2 seasons! hes having another career year and he is the Avs main leadership guy! i would think that once their younger players learn the ropes joe will hang them up but until then hes not going anywhere!

ronaldo
02-06-2007, 01:09 PM
did u see hasek yesterday. he saved Detroit's ass a few times after a HUGE comeback:banghead:

SuPhistiKatEd
02-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

In the paper today, they said Aucoin to Montreal, Samsonov and Rivet to Chicago.

Eklund reports: I just talked to a source in Montreal who believes that Samsonov was placed on waivers at the request of at least one team that may be willing to grab him on re-entry. I wouldn't be surprised, but I have yet to find who the team is. Before today I had heard that Chicago, Nashville, Anaheim, and Detroit had some interest in Sammy.

I am also hearing that this may be a pre-curser to Montreal picking up some "rather substantial salary in the next 7 days."

Bertuzzi to Detroit, Ducks or Habs.

Wings express interest in Nathan Horton.

Thrashers consider Jason Allison to boost PP.

Gary Roberts to Ottawa, to Vancouver, Calgary. (No way!)

Robert Esche to Tampa

Anson Carter to Vancouver, Montreal

Radek Dvorak to Washington

HyperZell
02-06-2007, 02:55 PM

oh im sorry, i didnt know getting more than a point per game was grounds for retirement. Give it up already :thumbsdow .

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

Hasek is not going to retire for atleast 2 more season! he has been playing the the Dom of old in detroit and that means hes there to stay!

I think Sakic could go for one more maybe 2 seasons! hes having another career year and he is the Avs main leadership guy! i would think that once their younger players learn the ropes joe will hang them up but until then hes not going anywhere!

LOL, I knew that Sakic remark would get a rise out of you, A2VR6. Of course, I'm only kidding - he really is the best player using a cane.

And Gondi - take a closer look at Hasek's history. I'm going to tell you right now what's going to happen. Detroit is going to make the playoffs, but Hasek won't be able to keep up and he will split his groin in two. After that, he's done for good. You can't flop like a fish forever.

Kimchee
02-06-2007, 03:03 PM
haha..good thread, time for some good ol hockey talk...

thoughts on who will make the playoffs in the east?

im thinking

1. Sabres
2. Devils
3. Atlanta
4. Ottawa
5. Montreal
6. Carolina
7. Tampa Bay
8. Pittsburgh

Malkin/Crosby will get there team into the playoffs while TO will be in 9th looking in....

CRXguy
02-06-2007, 04:04 PM
As long as the Oilers and Maple Laffs miss the playoffs, I'll be happy for the summer.

HyperZell
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
As long as the Oilers and Maple Laffs miss the playoffs, I'll be happy for the summer.

You mispelled 'Leafs' with 'Laffs'...O WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!1!

I concur.

SneakyNeek
02-06-2007, 04:09 PM
as long as the flames and canes are out in the first round ill be happy

Kirbs17
02-06-2007, 06:37 PM

You mispelled 'Leafs' with 'Laffs'...O WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!1!

I concur.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I agree as well

HyperZell
02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
as long as the flames and canes are out in the first round ill be happy

2 questions meant to embarrass you:

Where are you from, and what do you drive?

Hakkola
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Kimchee
haha..good thread, time for some good ol hockey talk...

thoughts on who will make the playoffs in the east?

im thinking

1. Sabres
2. Devils
3. Atlanta
4. Ottawa
5. Montreal
6. Carolina
7. Tampa Bay
8. Pittsburgh

Malkin/Crosby will get there team into the playoffs while TO will be in 9th looking in....

You put Pittsburgh as 8th? I think 5th or 6th, and with the way Raycroft is playing, I'll be surprised to see leafs missing the playoffs. Carolina might miss the playoffs, and possibly montreal unless they find some way to turn it around.

Sabres might not finish 1st, they're playing like shit now, 4-5-1 in the last 10? Devils will catch them.

Mr_John
02-07-2007, 01:06 PM

hahaha good one.

so what are the Penguins thinking?
How come they havent gotten Crosby some protection yet?
They REALLY need to find him an enforcer soon and they've been saying that the GM has been trying to find one since LAST YEAR. It's not hard to find an enforcer.

Malkin
Ovechkin
Crosby
Sean Donovan

The future is looking good.

SneakyNeek
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM

im from calgary and i dont drive a honda.

happy.

:barf:

i think the penguins are going to be a contender in the east.

they deffinetly need to get a enforcer tho

Gondi Stylez
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Eastern Conference:

1. New Jersey
2. Buffalo
3. Atlanta
4. Pittsburgh
5. Ottawa
6. Montreal
7. Tampa Bay
8. New York Islanders

Western Conference:

1. Nashville
2. Anaheim
3. Calgary
4. Detroit
5. San Jose
6. Vancouver
7. Dallas
8. Minnesota

SuPhistiKatEd
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Latest rumors...

Toronto/Ottawa interested in Chris Simon.

Hurricanes interested in Jason Blake.

Ruslan Fedotenko to Motown.

Mr_John
02-09-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm sure most already also know
Forsberg wants to go back to Colorado
and he has waived his no trade clause so Philly will most likely be shipping him off real soon

I'd also expect Biron to be traded near deadline since he'll be an UFA at season's end.

TeamBestBud
02-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr_John
I'm sure most already also know
Forsberg wants to go back to Colorado
and he has waived his no trade clause so Philly will most likely be shipping him off real soon

I'd also expect Biron to be traded near deadline since he'll be an UFA at season's end.

Forsbergs making himself look good for a deal too... 4 assists last night.

D'z Nutz
02-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Keeping track of trades:
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=876

88CRX
02-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Nagy to Dallas for a 1st round pick and some hack.

Team_Mclaren
02-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Emery got suspended for 3 games, AWESOME. Holy shit I hate him so much. What a tool. WTF was he thinking taking his stick straight to someones face. Hope Gerber gets 3 SOs and they send him back to the minors

SOAB
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
yeah, that was a BRUTAL slash to a guys face!! wtf was he thinking??? a blocker to the face would've been more than sufficient :rofl:

Nissanaddict
02-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Mattias Tjarnqvist is hardly a hack. That said:

West:

Nashville
Anaheim
Vancouver
Detroit
San Jose
Dallas (plug them back in I think)
Calgary
Minnesota

East:
Buffalo
New Jersey
Atlanta
And I don't pay enough attention, but I foresee Ottawa making it, Along with Tampa, Montreal..maybe. I see Toronto either just making 8th on the last day (making an insane late push like last year) or getting edged out. I see the Rangers falling off the map however. Lundquist is meh this year, and Weekes is one of the worst backups in the league (GIVE THEM BRENT KRAHN!!!). Pittsburgh's making it. For sure.

Kirbs17
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Anyone see the new NHL promo commercials? The sedin twins one, and the ovechkin prank call one are hilarious

ronaldo
02-13-2007, 06:44 PM
haha the sedin sisters commercial is soooo funny!:rofl:

Nissanaddict
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
The Sedin one's good. Anybody notice that buddy with the stereo is their fellow teammate Kevin Bieksa?

Mr_John
02-14-2007, 01:16 PM
this sedin commercial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw7xpdwmSE4

haha a little bit more respect for these guys

stevieo
02-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
The Sedin one's good. Anybody notice that buddy with the stereo is their fellow teammate Kevin Bieksa?

also, the asian guy, wasn't that the actor from the "Mighty Ducks" movie series? the one that played the figure skater haha.

celica girl
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

SuPhistiKatEd
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
It's been confirmed on Sportsnet.

Wow, Nashville is looking good. Will be interesting how he pans out for Nashville.

ronaldo
02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
if they weren't the favorites to win the cup before, the certainly are now....

CRXguy
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Not if he still has troubles fitting into skates!! What a freak!! :rofl: :rofl:

If Flames don't take the Cup, I hope Nashville does. :thumbsup:

Kirbs17
02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Wow. as much as I love Calgary, i think this just put the preds over the edge. What a trade :eek: :nut:

Si_FlyGuy
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow...risky move for Nashville.

TeamBestBud
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Wow...risky move for Nashville.

Exactly. VERY injury prone guy.

toyboy88
02-16-2007, 01:05 PM
hmm lets see how he does back in the west

CRXguy
02-16-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd like to refer to him as an expensive band-aid. :rofl:

HyperZell
02-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Looks like the Oilers are giving up on the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196732&hubname=

Bergeron for some guy who's going to stay in Russia until at least the end of the season.

SuPhistiKatEd
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Yup. Looks like they're throwing in the towel. Time to re-build and get ready for the upcoming golf season. Happy trails to you, until we meet again.....

Bye bye, Oilers.

TeamBestBud
02-18-2007, 03:54 PM
They shouldve threw in the towel before the season began..

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

stevieo
02-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Looks like the Oilers are giving up on the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196732&amp;hubname=

Bergeron for some guy who's going to stay in Russia until at least the end of the season.

no defenceman > marc andre bergeron, they did themselves a favor haha. NYI fucked up.

A2VR6
02-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

no defenceman &gt; marc andre bergeron, they did themselves a favor haha. NYI fucked up.

:werd: I was amazed they even got that much back for Bergeron.

Deibs
02-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by stevieo

no defenceman > marc andre bergeron, they did themselves a favor haha. NYI fucked up.

:werd: x2

Addition by subtraction. Even a bag of used pucks would have been good for in exchange for MAB.

TeamBestBud
02-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Deibs

:werd: x2

Addition by subtraction. Even a bag of used pucks would have been good for in exchange for MAB.

The dude must suck cuz the only player on the flames worth a bag of used pucks is Zyuzin...and he SUCKS haha

SuPhistiKatEd
02-20-2007, 12:35 AM
MAB got 2 helpers tonight. I think he's a good D-Man...he was just with the wrong team.

Deibs
02-20-2007, 03:31 AM
I think he's a good D-man too, until he puts on his skates. In all seriousness he is a good player, he just makes too many BIG mistakes, that costs games and ultimately the Stanley Cup.

SuPhistiKatEd
02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Holy shit!

Anybody watching the Sabres/Sens game??

WORLD WAR 3 man!!! Insane!!!

SuPhistiKatEd
02-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Here's the list of penalties resulting from a supposedly "dirty" hit on Drury a'la Chris Neil.

Ottawa fighting - 5 min 5:07, C. Neil
Buffalo fighting - 5 min 5:07, D. Stafford
Ottawa fighting - 5 min 5:13, A. Volchenkov
Ottawa fighting - 5 min 5:13, R. Emery
Ottawa fighting - 5 min 5:13, R. Emery
Ottawa goalie leaving crease - 2 min 5:13, R. Emery
Ottawa game misconduct - 10 min 5:13, R. Emery
Buffalo roughing - 2 min 5:13, A. Peters
Buffalo instigator - 2 min 5:13, A. Peters
Buffalo fighting - 5 min 5:13, A. Peters
Buffalo game misconduct - 10 min 5:13, A. Peters
Buffalo instigator - 2 min 5:13, A. Mair
Buffalo fighting - 5 min 5:13, A. Mair
Buffalo misconduct - 10 min 5:13, A. Mair
Buffalo goalie leaving crease - 2 min 5:13, M. Biron
Buffalo fighting - 5 min 5:13, M. Biron
Buffalo game misconduct - 10 min 5:13, M. Biron
Buffalo misconduct - 10 min 5:13, P. Kaleta
Ottawa misconduct - 10 min 5:13, C. Phillips

Emery gets two majors for fighting...one with Biron and the other with a Buffalo forward.

D'z Nutz
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Emery gets two majors for fighting...

Did he use his stick? :rofl:

SuPhistiKatEd
02-22-2007, 09:32 PM
This guy is the next Ron Hextall.

You've seriously gotta watch the highlights. Players, goalies, coaches, fans...everybody was in it.

Shame for Emery though...this was his first game back from his suspension. Now, he'll probably be suspended again.

88CRX
02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Chris Neil is a hack :thumbsdow

SuPhistiKatEd
02-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I thought it was an elbow. Tough to tell from the replay. Could've been that his arm just moved upwards because of the hit. Knowing Chris Neil though, I'd bet it was an elbow.

md14
02-22-2007, 11:18 PM
That was intense,
lol Emery just skating up to center smiling, what a goof

:drama:

Team_Mclaren
02-23-2007, 03:25 AM
fuck, emery should just leave the nhl and go boxing instead or someting, hes a fucking joke. May be he can take his stick with him in the ring when he box.

TimG
02-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Ray Emery FTW :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqUbxr1Fbg

SOAB
02-23-2007, 11:46 AM
from the replay, it looked like a clean hit, a little late but it was all shoulder.

i love it when i see a teams goalie stick up for himself and his team. it sends a message to the other team that they can't just invade his crease and run him any time they want.

shtock99
02-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Emery is so gangster haha... fights buffalos tough guy with a smile on his face haha

TimG
02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Emery is supposed to be an amateur golden gloves champ

ronaldo
02-23-2007, 01:34 PM
anson carter was traded to carolina for a fifth round draft pick in 2008

max_boost
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh man what a gong show in Buffalo haha Saturday night is going to be nuts in Ottawa. Emery is one tough mofo, since when do goalies fight the enforcer of the other team?

It hurts to be a Buffalo fan, always second best and looks like there will be no Cup run this year either with two top players out.

5hift
02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by TimG
Emery is supposed to be an amateur golden gloves champ

This is true, probably obvious why he has the boxer guy on his helmet. If you saw the highlights, he was laughing when Biron came out to fight him. If he didnt have huge goalie pads hindering him, he would be able to take out that buffalo enforcer as well.

toyboy88
02-23-2007, 04:22 PM
emery = next UFC champ :rofl:

TeamBestBud
02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Anson Carter's going to have an impact in Carolina no doubt. He just didn't seem to fit in with the CBJ's.

Mr_John
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Ruff has lost a lot of respect with his goonie antics.
Chris Neil laid a dirty hit but he sends out all his players in full force to fight Spezza? Heatley? Peter's ON Emery?

I cant wait for McGrats to beat Peters up for the 100th time. If I remember Peters got pretty bloodied with their last fight around.

Chris Neil Dirty
Ruff and Peters Goons

Bertuzzi II will be happening sooner than later

SuPhistiKatEd
02-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Ruff has the mentality that every team is out to get his star players. He's said that in all of his interviews.

I say why not? If they go after you, why not go back after them? Tit for tat.

I sure wish we had him instead of Playfair.

Mr_John
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Ruff has the mentality that every team is out to get his star players. He's said that in all of his interviews.

I say why not? If they go after you, why not go back after them? Tit for tat.

I sure wish we had him instead of Playfair.

Go after them cleanly. And if you're gonna get them in a dirty manner then at least dont have the players MUG the whole line after they've dropped to the ice and have started to cover up.

And I'd rather have Ruff than Playfair also. haha

TeamBestBud
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Neils hit was clean. You can see it was shoulder to the head not elbow, and last time I checked a shoulder is clean. And it's not like he took a run at him 10 seconds after the play. He was already heading towards Drury and for a guy that gets paid to hit players, hes not going to avoid that hit in a matter of a second just because Drury already shot it.

As for the melee that ensued, thats awesome for the NHL. I bet you its getting MAJOR exposure down in the States and that's a good thing for the league.

Ottawa Buffalo's going to be a hell of a game tommorow. No suspensions, no fines, they're going to settle it on the ice:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mr_John
02-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

Ottawa Buffalo's going to be a hell of a game tommorow. No suspensions, no fines, they're going to settle it on the ice:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This brings an interesting topic to my mind.
Who has the toughest team in the NHL if there were to be this type of situation happen to ALL the teams?

I'd figure Calgary could hold its own with
Phaneuf
Iggy
Regher - i think?
Godard
Ritchie - small but what a beast he is

Aside from that
who wins tomorrow if all hell breaks loose again between Buffalo and Ottawa?
And I want to see an Emery Peters II tomorrow

TeamBestBud
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Aside from that
who wins tomorrow if all hell breaks loose again between Buffalo and Ottawa?
And I want to see an Emery Peters II tomorrow

Ottawa. Emery Peters II is highly unlikely, but you can be damn sure that Peters is going to get into a scrap. Bryan Murray is dressing Chris McGrattan for the first time in a while and he is sending the message that they're out for retribution tommorow. Buffalo only has one tough player, so I expect alot of Ottawa runs at Buffalo's top players because of Buffalo's runs at Spezza and Heatley.

TeamBestBud
02-23-2007, 07:25 PM

This brings an interesting topic to my mind.
Who has the toughest team in the NHL if there were to be this type of situation happen to ALL the teams?

I'd figure Calgary could hold its own with
Phaneuf
Iggy
Regher - i think?
Godard
Ritchie - small but what a beast he is

How about Anaheim? They might not look tough, but they can damn sure throwdown. They have hte most fighting majors this season in the NHL and they are very "team-oriented" so the players would stick up for one another.

If you're going to come into our barn you better be ready for a square dance. - Brian Burke

Kirbs17
02-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Thachuk to the Thrasers, sources say, for picks. ]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197640&hubname=

And last night, Braydon Coburn to the Flyers for Zhitnik

Seems to me like Atlanta is wagering a lof of future prospects and picks on getting it done this year. I think they're overpaying

A2VR6
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Its official:

To Thrashers:
Keith Tkachuk

To Blues:
Glen Metropolit
2007 first-round pick
2007 third-round pick
2008 second-round pick
2008 conditional first-round pick

wow... i'd say they're overpaying!

88CRX
02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Its official:

To Thrashers:
Keith Tkachuk

To Blues:
Glen Metropolit
2007 first-round pick
2007 third-round pick
2008 second-round pick
2008 conditional first-round pick

wow... i'd say they're overpaying!

Atlanta is going to regret that trade. And Braydon Colburn, he was picked ahead of Phaneuf in the draft :eek:

Kirbs17
02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Philidelphia looks good in the future now, theyve picked up some decent prospects lately. now if they could get a goalie

A2VR6
02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Craig Rivet and a future 5th rouder to San Jose for Josh Gorges and a 2007 First Round Pick.

wow... Rivet for a first rounder??? you gotta be kidding me.

shtock99
02-26-2007, 02:24 PM
on the score they are saying roberts to pitt if he will waive his no trade clause

Hakkola
02-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Roberts to Pitts would be awesome! They could use some defence and goaltending though.

Pittsburgh for the cup!

I thought he'd only like to go to Ottawa or Toronto though, I guess we'll see what happens. I'm a little bit concerned about who Pitt is willing to trade for roberts, on tsn it says they would give up a "young roster player with potential." My guess is Armstrong or Ouellet.

mac_82
02-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Zednik to NYI for a 2nd.

Kirbs17
02-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Tonight/Tomorrow should make for some good trades

max_boost
02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh man. Atlanta sure paid a premium for Mr. Tkachuk. :eek:

5hift
02-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Its easy to jump on the bandwagon and say Atlanta got robbed in the Tkachuk deal giving up potentially 3 draft picks, but with the draft you never know. People have forgotten about Tkacuck because he's playing for a shitty team like the Blues, but he's a dominating power foward/vetern leader (Just what ATL has been missing). Keep in mind when Philly traded 5 draft picks for Adam Oates, everyone laughed, yet not a single one of the players those draft picks got, made it in the NHL.

HyperZell
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Its easy to jump on the bandwagon and say Atlanta got robbed in the Tkachuk deal giving up potentially 3 draft picks, but with the draft you never know. People have forgotten about Tkacuck because he's playing for a shitty team like the Blues, but he's a dominating power foward/vetern leader (Just what ATL has been missing). Keep in mind when Philly traded 5 draft picks for Adam Oates, everyone laughed, yet not a single one of the players those draft picks got, made it in the NHL.

Yeah, but draft picks represent potential, not players. It's not because of Adam Oates that none of the picks made it to the NHL - it's because of the bad decisions made by the coaching team.

Basically we're looking at long term/short term here. We'll see how Tkachuk performs, but I think the price was a little high as well.

shtock99
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
kings trade sopel to van for 2 draft picks
chi trade b smolinski to van for conditional pick
chi trade l. kukkonen to phi for k. calder
chi trade k. calder to detroit for j williams

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197808&hubname=

toyboy88
02-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by shtock99
kings trade sopel to van for 2 draft picks
chi trade b smolinski to van for conditional pick
chi trade l. kukkonen to phi for k. calder
chi trade k. calder to detroit for j williams

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197808&amp;hubname=

wow van boosting up with sopel and smolinski :eek: :drama:

HyperZell
02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Is it up to me here? Well, so be it:

Gary Roberts to Pittsburgh for Noah Welch:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197768&hubname=

Martin Biron to Philly for a draft pick, and get Ty Conkiln from Columbus:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197883&hubname=

rage2
02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Laraque leaving Phoenix
February 27, 2007
Sportsnet.ca -- Veteran pugilist Georges Laraque will be wearing a new uniform by the time the NHL trade deadline passes. Sportsnet has learned that the Phoenix Coyotes have told Laraque he will be dealt but they have given him his choice of two destinations.

The veteran tough guy will either end up a Calgary Flame or a Pittsburgh Penguin.

In 56 games with the Coytoes this season, Laraque has 22 points (five goals, 17 assists) with 52 penalty minutes.

More details to follow ...

rage2
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
went to pittsburg

Hakkola
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Martin Biron to Philly for a draft pick, and get Ty Conkiln from Columbus:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197883&amp;hubname=

Is it just me or is this a completely useless trade for philly? They don't make the playoffs and Biron is an unrestricted free agent this summer...

justincalgary
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
1 scary ass trade and one maybe scary trade for the west

1) Guerin to San Jose

2)Bertuzzi to Anaheim...just speculation from Kypreos on Sportsnet

Kirbs17
02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Is it just me or is this a completely useless trade for philly? They don't make the playoffs and Biron is an unrestricted free agent this summer...

Biron > Conklin, so at least Buffalo is acknowledging that Biron deserves to be a starter elsewhere. If they can sign him, Biron is a better goaltender then anything else Philly has Again, Philly is preparing well for the future, they've gotten a lot of prospects and picks as of late.

Im glad Pittsburgh finally picked up an enforcer in Laraque, this should really help out Crosby

heinz256
02-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow, how many 1st round picks do the blues have now??

justincalgary
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
Wow, how many 1st round picks do the blues have now??

I think the Blues are the future Penguins with all their 1st rounders....gonna be dynamite in a couple of years.

88CRX
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary

I think the Blues are the future Penguins with all their 1st rounders....gonna be dynamite in a couple of years.

This years draft is weak. No Crosby or Malkin like players available.

They just interviewed Brian Burke on TSN and it sounds like something is going down. Bertuzzi and a d-man :dunno:

88CRX
02-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Bertuzzi to Detroit :eek:

Kirbs17
02-27-2007, 01:21 PM
^ For conditional picks too :nut: