PDA

View Full Version : Advices on a used integra

BoS_DC2
02-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Alright, I've tried a few times with different phrases on the search but came up with no gold.

Here's the problem. Tomorrow I'm going to check out a car that I've been eyeing on for a year (yeah, it's not sold yet).

The rundowns

Stock 1994 Acura integra (Supposed to be a base model?)
224k km dohc vtec engine
all power options
gsr fat fives
blue/green colour

Now the problem is, this car has a GSR Dohc Vtec engine in it and along with gsr fat fives and all the things a GSR would have except for the exhaust. This car looks almost similar to GSR_Aarons car. Funny thing is, the car has two GSR stickers at the back, one on each side.

Is there any other way I can identify the car's model? I've talked to the salesman and all he said was "it's an integra with.... a vtec engine." Couldn't squeeze anymore info out of it. Also, what should I look out for when test driving + examining the car? Should the transmission be rough? Smooth? If the engine has been taken care of very well, how long will it last? Yeah, sorry for all the questions, in a rush.

Thanks in advance!

doublepostwhore
02-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Well ideally speaking no tranny should ever be rough, do you mean clutch engagement? It depends on your clutch control. I am assuming it will be a stock clutch, thus honda's are known for buttery smooth actuation and general feel.

GSR's are eq'd with B18c1 check the block for the stamping.

GSR's have sunroofs and full options.

BoS_DC2
02-06-2007, 01:31 AM
^

This car has a sunroof.. I've driven my friend's dad's subaru legacy, it was really rough and hard. While my uncle's toyota camry was smooth. So the integra is somewhere in between?

doublepostwhore
02-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Honda> Toyota >* in terms of tranny smoothness and durability.

Your engine should last as long as maintenace was done.

BoS_DC2
02-06-2007, 01:45 AM
How much are tune-ups, timing belts, and any other little touch ups? oem items.

Team_Mclaren
02-06-2007, 02:38 AM
run a carfax on the vin, all you questions will be answered then.

rc2002
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
run a carfax on the vin, all you questions will be answered then.

:werd: That's the best way.

The exhaust might've been swapped out if the old one was rusted out (and a 13 year old car at 224,000km it was probably due for a replacement).

Schwa
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
If the block is swapped it will read b18c1 regardless of the body. Look on the VIN and see if it has "DC2" somewhere in there, and look for the 8100 rpm redline on the gauges. Is there a black strut tower bar under the hood?

BoS_DC2
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, my dad just delayed it, I'll be going in two days to see it. It's redline is 8100 and there is infact a black strut bar, is it just a GSR with a base model on it's registrations?

dj_rice
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by BoS_DC2
Well, my dad just delayed it, I'll be going in two days to see it. It's redline is 8100 and there is infact a black strut bar, is it just a GSR with a base model on it's registrations?

How much is the dealer asking for Phil?And lemme engine swap and turbo it for you :thumbsup:

BoS_DC2
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
$6500 but my asian style lowballing skills are working effectively, I can probably get it down to $6000 including 13% tax. Yeah, fucking bc sucks with it's tax and all. How much are new gsr engines? I probably wouldn't turbo it until 1 or 2 years into owning it, so maybe next summer I'll bring it up? :)

I plan to keep the car until I'm 25 or can afford a ITR..

Schwa
02-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Hmm...I guess someone could went really out of their way to make it look like a "real" GSR. But the best bet would still be to check the VIN for the "DC2" in there.

Its sounds legit though. It should also have body coloured side moldings. If it's the base model, those moldings will be black. Again these could be altered so just ask for the VIN.

Darkane
02-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Im pretty sure that color is GSR only.

BoS_DC2
02-07-2007, 04:27 AM
it has coloured moldings, thanks fora ll the info. I'll be seeing it soon and give updates.

HondaMechanic
02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
the easiest way is to look for the v-tec solinoid (right beside the distributor} and if you look down from there between the tranny and the block you should be able to see b18c1 stamp...

adam c
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
what are gsr stickers?

u mean the vtec emblem on the back of the car.. theres nothing on the sides

run a carfax on the vin, look for dc2

frozenrice
02-25-2007, 11:07 PM
^ that would have been my answer. the vin usually includes some sort of infomation regarding the chassis. if I'm not mistaken, honda/acura always had a different chassis code for GSRs wether its a 2nd or 3rd gen. (eg 2nd Gens: RS/LS/GS non vtec = da9/db1, GS-R = vtec-db2). You should be able to tell from the VIN, what trim it came as and that should give you some sort of an idea what motor should have come with it.