PDA

View Full Version : Hood Bra Residue?

Dope Dealer
05-24-2003, 10:26 PM
My brother's girlfriend has a 1999 Civic which she bought a couple months back w/ a bra on it. Today, we decided to take it off, but underneath was a bunch of dirt, and this neon yellow residue which i couldn't get off by licking my finger and running over it. I was going to take it to a car wash, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Just wondering if this is normal? It looks like someone took a highlighter and marked up the hood. Haven't seen anything like it before, so not sure what it is exactly.

Just curious :dunno:

EG STyLeZ
05-25-2003, 03:37 AM
residue should be normal if the hood bra has been on for quite sometime. it's not that good for the paint

AccordTypeR
05-25-2003, 01:49 PM
i took the bra off my accord a little while ago the reside will coem right off when you use the pressure washer at the car wash, you may have to use a cloth anc scrub to get off what the car wash dosent

Davetronz
05-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Yup thats normal Evan. Just take it and pressure wash it. Might need a wax after that though. Also, if pressure wash doesnt take it off, try using a bit of bug and tar remover, that will clear it off. My dad used to use that stuff to take those tree sap things that fall off his truck.

PS, is the G/F hot? Have you or your brother tried to take of HER bra yet??? ;)

4wheeldrift
05-25-2003, 02:16 PM
Try some bug and tar remover to see if you can get it off, then polish the front end with a fine grit polish and wax to seal it, and then DO NOT put the bra back on. They are only really meant to be on a for a short time, leaving them on will just kick the hell out of the paint again. Dirt and grime gets trapped under them (as you've seen) and it just scratches and discolors the paint.