PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Millenia S - RWD???

freshprince
02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I didn't think these cars were rear-wheel driven, I'm thinking of buying one, and the description says its RWD.

It is an "S" would that change it?

Thanks for the help.

freshprince
02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
nevermind...I think this answers it, from NewCarTestDrive.com

"Put into action, the Miller-cycle engine makes an authoritative growl. Its torque delivers immediate go-power, yet the front-wheel-drive equipment has been engineered to eliminate torque steer even at maximum thrust. And that's not the case with some of the Millenia's competitors. (Torque steer is a tugging of the steering wheel that occurs in powerful front-wheel-drive cars.) The crisp acceleration of the Millenia S is thoroughly appropriate to a well-balanced luxury sedan. At the same time, this engine is supremely smooth. Power is transmitted through an excellent four-speed automatic transmission. "

Happy to hear your opinions on the car???

freshprince
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Carfax confirms two things:

1) 2001 Mazda Millenia S is FWD.

2) Dealerships are as dumb as grey mouldy rocks.

Fado
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by freshprince
I didn't think these cars were rear-wheel driven, I'm thinking of buying one, and the description says its RWD.

Thanks for the help.

nevermind...I think this answers it, from NewCarTestDrive.com

"Put into action, the Miller-cycle engine makes an authoritative growl. Its torque delivers immediate go-power, yet the front-wheel-drive equipment has been engineered to eliminate torque steer even at maximum thrust. And that's not the case with some of the Millenia's competitors. (Torque steer is a tugging of the steering wheel that occurs in powerful front-wheel-drive cars.) The crisp acceleration of the Millenia S is thoroughly appropriate to a well-balanced luxury sedan. At the same time, this engine is supremely smooth. Power is transmitted through an excellent four-speed automatic transmission. "

Happy to hear your opinions on the car???

Carfax confirms two things:

1) 2001 Mazda Millenia S is FWD.

2) Dealerships are as dumb as grey mouldy rocks.

OH MY GAwD, Can you beLIEVE its FWD!!?!>

STOP

The car is FWD, it doesnt take three posts to establish that.:whocares:

freshprince
02-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

C4S
02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I think the dealership mixed it up with 929 ..

It is a nice car, and cheap to buy now .. but sadly .. it is just a FWD .. try find a 929 ! :thumbsup:

freshprince
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by C4S
I think the dealership mixed it up with 929 ..

It is a nice car, and cheap to buy now .. but sadly .. it is just a FWD .. try find a 929 ! :thumbsup:

that might explain it, didn't know the Serenia's were RWD, thanks.

Team_Mclaren
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
This has got to be the most efficient thread ever. He questioned, answered, commented on it all by himself in less than 15 mins.

The Cosworth
02-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
This has got to be the most efficient thread ever. He questioned, answered, commented on it all by himself in less than 15 mins.

Oh man i know, its like the people you see talking to themselves.

Yes dude find a 929 they are better, from my experience the Millenia's are a POS, i didnt like the fit and finish of them one bit.

I have only recently warmed up to Mazda again

freshprince
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I have a vehement distaste for inefficiency.

euro_racer
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
isnt the milenia s supercharged? i saw one and i was not sure if every S comes supercharged or...?

freshprince
02-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah, the Millenia S is supercharged, has leather, sunroof and 17 inch rims. Supposed to be 210 hp.

3g4me
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I got to drive one recently and i thought it was a pretty sweet ride. Nice power curve and really nice interior. Only thing i didnt like about it is that it is a Mazda.

arian_ma
02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
I got to drive one recently and i thought it was a pretty sweet ride. Nice power curve and really nice interior. Only thing i didnt like about it is that it is a Mazda.

What does the fact that it's a Mazda have anything to do with anything if you like every other aspect?

Hoey
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Wierd I was always under the impression that Millenia's were RWD, but I guess I was just dreaming, I never had any facts...

I think Millenia's are sexy, S/C thats cool but FWD:thumbsdow

euro_racer
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

What does the fact that it's a Mazda have anything to do with anything if you like every other aspect?

:werd: i like my mazda :bigpimp:

infamous
02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
the only downside to owning a millenia s is if your s/c ever goes. i used to work at mazda, and the problem with those engines is that it costs an arm and a leg to get them fixed.

3G
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by infamous
the only downside to owning a millenia s is if your s/c ever goes. i used to work at mazda, and the problem with those engines is that it costs an arm and a leg to get them fixed.

How about the non s/c millenia, my sis used to have a Millenia S, phat ride it was

A790
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the help.

Hey David...

The Millenia was FWD yes, but don't let that discourage you. The Millenia was a very interesting engine design and very effecient for its time.

Plus. it's nice inside and out ;)

- Cam

freshprince
02-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by A790

Hey David...

The Millenia was FWD yes, but don't let that discourage you. The Millenia was a very interesting engine design and very effecient for its time.

Plus. it's nice inside and out ;)

- Cam

Hey Cam, I've actually found a sweet 2002 Maxima SE.

how's ontario?

3g4me
02-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Ive had bad experiences with mazda and so has my best bud thats why. :dunno:

A790
02-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Hey Cam, I've actually found a sweet 2002 Maxima SE.

how's ontario?

Ontario is really cold, but I'm doing well in my classes.

How'd the rest of your summer go>