PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions: 2007 VW Jetta City

bradwatson
02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Alright guys, so I ordered my 2007 Jetta City today, and I expect it to arrive by the end of April. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for what I should do to modify the car. I'm not going to do any major engine upgrades, maybe an exhaust and cold air intake. I realize the car isn't a powerhouse, but I just want it to sound/look good.

It's the exterior which i'm asking you about. The car will be black, and I will be tinting the windows when I get it. If anyone has a Jetta which is modified, and is in the 2002-2005 (?) era, post up your pics!

I just want some suggestions for wheels, lip kits, etc. that might look good.

I want the car to remain clean-looking, so no stupid wings or anything please.

My future list of modifications:
-Tint
-Wheels
-Lip kits/Side Skirts (Maybe?)
-Exhaust
-Cold Air Intake
-Lowering suspension

I'll post a photo. This is kind of the style i'm looking for, but without all the decals.

adidas
02-07-2007, 09:58 PM
www.vwvortex.com is ur friend, look under mk4's and you will find alot of information and alot of pics.

good luck, you should of bought a 1.8T!

M_K_3
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
vortex is full of jokes... its a sweet looking car.. that pic looks nice i think u should do it!

adidas
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3
vortex is full of jokes... its a sweet looking car.. that pic looks nice i think u should do it!

Vortex is the biggest car related forum on the net.

Everyone has their own view but for the most part they all think alike and know whats good and what isnt.

Just because you painted your car with a paint roller and then posted the pics on vortex and everyone ripped you apart doesnt mean that everyone is gonna be like that to him.

M_K_3
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
^ good one homo

adidas
02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
^ good one homo

Im not gonna ruin this guys thread so if you got something to say then feel free to PM me.

ricefarmer
02-07-2007, 10:18 PM
is you're Jetta coming with the inline 5? if so i'll dig up recent issue of euro tuner where they did some basic mods on the brad new golf jetta platform with the new inline 5, or better yet you could just start cheking out the euro mag sites to see what the trends are or what new products are out there. or just buy some euro mags:D

adidas
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ricefarmer
is you're Jetta coming with the inline 5? if so i'll dig up recent issue of euro tuner where they did some basic mods on the brad new golf jetta platform with the new inline 5, or better yet you could just start cheking out the euro mag sites to see what the trends are or what new products are out there. or just buy some euro mags:D

the 2007 jetta/golf is a mk4 platform not the mk5. So his car comes with a 2.0L I-4

ricefarmer
02-07-2007, 10:30 PM
oh ok, I don't really know shit about VW's as you can see :poosie:

Aleks
02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ricefarmer

Dig it up anyways man. I have a Golf..err Rabbit with the inline 5. interested to see this is you have it.

thanks.

finboy
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Just because you painted your car with a paint roller and then posted the pics on vortex and everyone ripped you apart doesnt mean that everyone is gonna be like that to him.

http://www.watching-paint-dry.com/v7ndotcom-elursrebmem/images/bacon.jpg

"bacon strip"

adidas
02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by finboy

http://www.watching-paint-dry.com/v7ndotcom-elursrebmem/images/bacon.jpg

"bacon strip"

Lol...it was just too funny, he doesnt want to send me any pics of his car so i can laugh some more.

Hes also trying to state that he has a bmw alpina, and that he makes $3500 a month. considering hes 17 i find that really hard to believe unless hes a drug dealer.

ricefarmer
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.eurotuner.com/preview/160_0611_et_2006_vw_mk5_rabbit/index.html

heres the link to the actual article, i guess all it does is suggest mods which are mostly suspension and visual upgrades. unless you go for forced induction don't bother bother with the engine mods, just go for the 2.0T:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Lol...it was just too funny, he doesnt want to send me any pics of his car so i can laugh some more.

Hes also trying to state that he has a bmw alpina, and that he makes $3500 a month. considering hes 17 i find that really hard to believe unless hes a drug dealer.

Badges aren't expensive.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3060928

for the wheels :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

schocker
02-07-2007, 11:43 PM
I would also probably bring in some interior pieces from a mkiv jetta aswell, it is missing some items inside...
but check vwvortex for some info
most people will likely suggest oem lips for the car aswell.

ricefarmer
02-07-2007, 11:56 PM
^ good one homo

:cry:

One of the most popular things right now in the euro scene is a staggered set up on your wheels, which I think is really hot but functionally retarded on a FWD car. And i have to say that for the most part the euro guys are the best at pickin wheels. Ive never seen wheels like these before:drool:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/sneakyotto/V_2ndstg_4.jpg

marko polo
02-08-2007, 02:45 AM
^ good one homo

u are a retard! u have the worst taste in cars, your stupid to buy a fake alipna that prolly doesnt even run. you must be one of those people that think they are smart because they own a BMW.

bradwatson
02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks a lot for the input guys, not I know this is a stuipid question, but does anyone know what the bolt pattern is on the '07 Jetta City?

marko polo
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by bradwatson
Thanks a lot for the input guys, not I know this is a stuipid question, but does anyone know what the bolt pattern is on the '07 Jetta City?

im pretty sure all VW's are 5 X 100

SiR_lyfe
02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by bradwatson
Alright guys, so I ordered my 2007 Jetta City today, and I expect it to arrive by the end of April. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for what I should do to modify the car. I'm not going to do any major engine upgrades, maybe an exhaust and cold air intake. I realize the car isn't a powerhouse, but I just want it to sound/look good.

It's the exterior which i'm asking you about. The car will be black, and I will be tinting the windows when I get it. If anyone has a Jetta which is modified, and is in the 2002-2005 (?) era, post up your pics!

definitly of the nice, man!:thumbsup:

bradwatson
02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by marko polo

im pretty sure all VW's are 5 X 100
Sweet man, thanks. Now I can start the search for nice wheels!

finboy
02-08-2007, 12:06 PM
fyi, neon's have the same bolt pattern, and you can score deals on them cheap, but beware, most people who modify neon's have very shitty taste in wheels

Mitsu3000gt
02-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by finboy
fyi, neon's have the same bolt pattern, and you can score deals on them cheap, but beware, most people who modify neon's have very shitty taste in wheels

And cars :rofl:

But I suppose its all subjective.

finboy
02-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

And cars :rofl:

But I suppose its all subjective.

having owned MANY vw's and dodge's, i'd take the dodge hands down any day of the week, of course i prefer cars that respond very well to mods and don't cost thousands of dollars to fix.

reliability is about the same on both, but i will give vw a win in the styling department

nismodrifter
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
for wheels you want 5x100 with an offset of around +35 all around (stock is +38). Your VW is an MKIV (2000-2005 body style are all the same except in 2004 they had some styling upgrades on the exterior).

The body kit on that car you posted is a full Caractere kit. It is mad $$$$ because the front bumper has to be cut apart and the new front "mouth" is molded/glued in. Very very nice stuff.

On vortex check out http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=4

Your first mod should be to DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT. Don't get wheels and then get a drop...wheels w/no drop = gayness.

Tire sizes (on 8-8.5" width):
17's: 225/45/17
18: 225/40/18
19: 235/35/19 or 225/35/19

Join www.eurodrivers.ca if you are looking for local parts and discussion, hope to see you at the meets in the future!

You wanted pics, here's a pic of my Jetta, view MY GALLERY (by clicking the button below my post) to see more pics of it:

http://members.shaw.ca/nismodrifter/endofyear1.jpg

Enjoy your new VW!

Toms-SC
02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
^ good one homo

Brad DO NOT listen to anything M_K_3. The general rule of thumb is to do the opposite of what he says.

bradwatson
02-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
for wheels you want 5x100 with an offset of around +35 all around (stock is +38). Your VW is an MKIV (2000-2005 body style are all the same except in 2004 they had some styling upgrades on the exterior).

The body kit on that car you posted is a full Caractere kit. It is mad $$$$ because the front bumper has to be cut apart and the new front "mouth" is molded/glued in. Very very nice stuff.

On vortex check out http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=4

Your first mod should be to DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT. Don't get wheels and then get a drop...wheels w/no drop = gayness.

Tire sizes (on 8-8.5" width):
17's: 225/45/17
18: 225/40/18
19: 235/35/19 or 225/35/19

Join www.eurodrivers.ca if you are looking for local parts and discussion, hope to see you at the meets in the future!

You wanted pics, here's a pic of my Jetta, view MY GALLERY (by clicking the button below my post) to see more pics of it:

http://members.shaw.ca/nismodrifter/endofyear1.jpg

Enjoy your new VW!

holy Fawk thats hot. lol. Thanks a lot for the good input.