PDA

View Full Version : FS: '89 Honda Civic Hatch $1000

spikerS
02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
well damn, wife is preggo and I have to get rid of the project car, and she made me buy a more "Family" vehicle, so here is the details.

PICS ADDED SEE POST BELOW

1989 honda civic hatch
red in color
ODO shows ~220kms
1.5L
5 speed manual

I bought this car a couple years ago as a project car, but now I just don't have the time, was also used as a daily driver as of Sunday, Monday the wife made me get the new car.

List of things I have done to the car:
Fixed the rust on the hood, and was painted quickly (blue right now)
Engine completely rebuilt (new piston rings and crank bearings as well)
new master cylinder
new rear brake lines
new brakes front & rear
newer tires on all 4 corners, front ones were put on last fall.
car has typical honda rear quarter rust, have not gotten to fix that.
comes with a complete second hatch, just have not put it on yet.
comes with a second drivers door
new plugs and wires last summer
new rad 2 years ago
oil changes ever 5-6k

so, brutal honesty time.
Car does need some work, but it can be driven, it passed a insurance inspection last fall, will pass now, well it should depending on how sticky your mechanic is on the windshield glass. Car does have some rust, but with the exception of the 1/4 panel rust I have replacement panels. Other thing I can think of right now, will need a new heater fan, car has heat, but no way for it to be blown into the vehicle right now, went on me about 2 weeks ago. This car is nothing fancy right now, but runs strong.

either way, take it and drive it, or use it as a parts car, no matter to me.

Right now it has no insurance for driving, if there is intrest I will put it on for Sunday, (my only day off this week), and you can kick the tires.

Asking $1000, or willing to entertain trades for a motorcycle or Quad.

PM me here, I can check this during the day, or if you like, call my cell phone 875-5095, I might not answer my cell, but you can leave a message.

thanks for looking, and feel free to post questions. I will see about getting pics up later.

Chris

spikerS
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
lots of intrest, all PM's replied as well as phone calls returned.

will get pics up soon, just hard to get some decent ones with all this snow falling.

spikerS
02-16-2007, 09:00 AM
*bump*

all PMs and calls returned again, and Will have pics up tonight, sorry guys, been really busy with work and a death in the family, so i apologize for the delay in getting pics.

spikerS
02-19-2007, 01:17 PM
ok, all PM's replied and such, finally got the digi cam up and running, so here are a couple pics.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/DSCF1576.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/DSCF1575.jpg

yes she is dirty, but what do you expect with this weather lol

as always, call me or PM me for more info

spikerS
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
pending sale, apparently guy from medicine hat wants to pick it up thursday...would rather keep it local, so if you want it, let me know NOW.

spikerS
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
and in answer to alot of emails and calls, car is VERY good on gas

at these prices, never had to put more than $28 in gas in, and get about 450-500kms a tank for in city driving, on the highway, have gotten just over 700km a tank

jhill287
02-22-2007, 08:49 PM
pmed

spikerS
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
pm's replied to :thumbsup:

I am home for most of the day tommorrow for anyone that wants to take a look.

cell- 875 5095

jhill287
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Thx for the car! Runs good :thumbsup:

spikerS
03-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Sold! thanks jhill287

I miss it already :cry:

have fun with it!

Mods: please close :)