PDA

View Full Version : Auto Club memberships???

Obscura
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi,

I'm in the planning stage for a bit of a lengthy road trip and was wondering what peoples opinions are on CAA or AMA or Canadian Tires Auto Clubs...

Just wondering what people think is the best way to spend the money on a membership.

The total trip will be in Canada and the membership would be for a car (with trailer) and for a motorcycle.

Thanks in advance.

The Cosworth
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Have had AMA since I could drive.

Love it

They came out to me when I was in Camore and locked myself out, they have towed broken/crashed cars for me a few times.

Free passport photos and free maps

who can resist

Isaiah
02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
There's a service from Rogers that you can add to your phone called *AUTO which offers roadside assistance which, when matched item for item with AMA is actually a little better for a little cheaper.

It used to be $4/month added to your invoice, you can cancel at any time, and I believe the first 2 months may be free. One advantage is that they have have a list of local towing companies and will call them all to see which can be there the fastest, as opposed to AMA who will get there when they get there.

Of course, Rogers Wireless customers only need apply.

Obscura
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Rogers Auto Roadside Service is available for all legally registered light passenger vehicles Vehicles not covered include RVs, motorcycles

no motorcycles... that sucks cause I'm a Rogers customer.

Oh well, thanks anyways.

Isaiah
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Oops, sorry bud. Good thing you researched it.

adam c
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM
AMA FTW!

came to my car
-when my distributor melted and towed it to the shop
-locked my keys in my car
-new distributor fucked up and towed to the shop again
-tire blew out in edmonton and got towed to a shop

finboy
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
if your car is lowered, ama might not tow you (others on beyond have found this as well), and if its a busy time, they might tell you to find another towing service.

had it happen with both cases, just something to be aware of.

adam c
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
my last car was lowered.. they towed me no problem. it all depends on how comfortable the driver is.. i had one call in another driver because he didnt want to tow my lowered car

hoamic11
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
what's the approximate price for ama clubs?

adam c
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
ama.ab.ca

theres different prices for different membership levels

FungusMonkey
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
AMA for sure, ive had mine since i started driving. Saved me a couple times with locked keys in the car and engine malfuntions. :thumbsup: