PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Prelude stock stereo

Ferio_vti
05-25-2003, 10:51 AM
WTB from 97-01 stock in-dash Bose CD/radio.

sml
05-25-2003, 11:10 AM
97-01 Prelude stock deck is not Bose... It's more like Alpine...

Ferio_vti
05-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Ah, whatever it is. You have one available?
Anyone know what the power output on these are?? And would I be able to use it in my Civic??

sml
05-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Power's pretty low like 120w total, which means 30w/channel. But I believe that's with the external AFBS amp. So, if you just get the deck, I believe it'll sound pretty crappy in your car since you don't have the AFBS amp and the feedback mic which is part of the stock rear speakers... If you just hook up the prelude deck to your stock speakers, the rear speakers will sound very quiet since the deck outputs a low-level signal to the AFBS amp. This low-level signal will not be enough to drive any normal 4ohm rear speakers without an external amp.

ludeAce
09-06-2003, 02:42 PM
I just bought an Alpine CDA-9811 is there any way I can get this to work propretly with my stock factory speakers. The deck has 50w/ channel

sml
09-07-2003, 02:51 AM
There's a 50/50 chance that it *may* work with the factory speakers... Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to hook it up. Either way, your best bet for best sound quality is to get new rear speakers. because 1) you will overload your deck if you hook up directly to rear speakers which are only 2ohms instead of 4. 2) your afbs amp will be there to always limit your sound quality no matter what deck you hook up to it and I'm sure any aftermarket deck sounds better than the stock afbs amp. Now, this is only true for the 5th gen ludes.