PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the following jobs please

CCM Pro
02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
OK so I have several companies pursuing me and I need to choose between them.

Airsource Rogers (12th ave and Macleod) as a Sales Rep

Bell for Sales rep in mobility/satellite (either Crowfoot or Harvest Hills)

Land Rover Calgary for Sales

Securitas for security.

Future Shop for sales in Home Theatre (Sunridge location)

I need something that I can make some decent money in and have a chance to move up in the business to management or make more etc...

Anyone work or know of people who work there and can give me some feedback.

I have a lot of sales experience and am fairly good at it, BUT I do not want to work 60 hours a week to make the company a ton of money...if I was gonna do that I would work for myself...this is just to make some money for law school.

Thanks!

Slashin_
02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
friend use to work at furture shop,sunridge one.......
he love it some times like during christmas when he made decent cash being pt,but he doesn't like future shop anymore,he refuses to go there and stuff he hates futureshop now....he went to source by circuit city now

he never mentioned anything about being able to have promotion,Over 2 yrs

you make the most money sell warranties.....there at least

danlowteg
02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
OK so I have several companies pursuing me and I need to choose between them.

Airsource Rogers (12th ave and Macleod) as a Sales Rep

Bell for Sales rep in mobility/satellite (either Crowfoot or Harvest Hills)

Land Rover Calgary for Sales

Securitas for security.

Future Shop for sales in Home Theatre (Sunridge location)

I need something that I can make some decent money in and have a chance to move up in the business to management or make more etc...

Anyone work or know of people who work there and can give me some feedback.

I have a lot of sales experience and am fairly good at it, BUT I do not want to work 60 hours a week to make the company a ton of money...if I was gonna do that I would work for myself...this is just to make some money for law school.

Thanks!

Airsource Rogers as a Sales Rep ....... Worked for Rogers and it sucked, I hate lying to customers

Bell for Sales rep in mobility/satellite ..... Satellite rep might be your best bet here! I also worked for bell and they treated me good

Land Rover Calgary for Sales ..... Good way to make some money but usually car sales is a Career for some people

Securitas for security ..... no idea on this one

Future Shop for sales in Home Theatre ...... GAY GAY GAY GAY

I will also throw in the source by circuit city. I wasted 8 months of my life there so don't think about it. There is way more better paying jobs in this city

rinny
02-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Slashin_
friend use to work at furture shop,sunridge one.......
he love it some times like during christmas when he made decent cash being pt,but he doesn't like future shop anymore,he refuses to go there and stuff he hates futureshop now....he went to source by circuit city now

he never mentioned anything about being able to have promotion,Over 2 yrs

you make the most money sell warranties.....there at least

Funny, I worked at Future Shop for about a year and also had begun to hate it so i left. In the beginning its pretty fun when you get in good with the people you work with, but too many people there are so shiesty, managers included...bottom line is they are all about the money. I hate going in and having to deal with anyone now that I am on this side of the counter, as I know the bullshit lines they're going to tell me, as I have told similar ones in the past .

nos_efx
02-08-2007, 11:23 AM
^

Was at the Shawnessy one a few years ago, I've gone into a future shop maybe twice since I quit.... definitely have a negative outlook of futureshop after being there.

Good money though.

whodiman
02-08-2007, 12:58 PM
This is turning into a bash future shop thread. I used to work there wayyyyy in the past before i went back to university. It was total BS and you made most of your money selling the warranty. back then if you had no conscience screwing people over you could make some serious cash. Judging from some of the other comments I'm guessing that hasn't changed too much.

CCM Pro
02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes I got that feeling from Future Shop so I have eliminated that one...Bell and Land Rover and Rogers all want me pretty bad...I have to meet with Land ROver tomorrow again to discuss compensation...but Rogers seems to pay more than Bell...however I want to work for a good company who cares about their employees which Bell always seems to have a good rap for.

The people at Airsource were very nice though so we will see...more opinions on Bell/Rogers would be great!:thumbsup:

The Cosworth
02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
it depends on what you want to eventually do with your life, if you get into the right job now the experience will be worth it.

NaPaLM
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
*cough* *cough*

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165100

If you don't have an education, then get into a Trade or a Union job, that's all I got to say about that. Anything less and you're just spinning your wheels.