PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Sensor on A6

Si_FlyGuy
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
One of the oxygen sensors on my A6 may be gone. I've been asking around, and haven't really had a straight answer on whether I should replace it.

So far, I've heard that it's not detrimental to the engine but may cause bad fuel mileage. However, I've noticed better fuel mileage according to the trip computer after 1200kms (dealership said it was okay to drive for a long time).

So what's the worst that can happen, and should I replace this?

Mitsu3000gt
02-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
One of the oxygen sensors on my A6 may be gone. I've been asking around, and haven't really had a straight answer on whether I should replace it.

So far, I've heard that it's not detrimental to the engine but may cause bad fuel mileage. However, I've noticed better fuel mileage according to the trip computer after 1200kms (dealership said it was okay to drive for a long time).

So what's the worst that can happen, and should I replace this?

If you bring me your A6 I can tell you if a sensor is gone and which one, and anything else that may be wrong. I have the Audi/VW diagnostic tool (VAG-COM). I would probably replace it, just so you know everything's running right. Just let me know, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Si_FlyGuy
02-08-2007, 12:09 AM
IIRC it's Bank 2 that's inactive and Bank 1 low flow. Do you recommend anyone that can do it right without paying the Glenmore Audi premium?

Mitsu3000gt
02-08-2007, 12:16 AM
IIRC it's Bank 2 that's inactive and Bank 1 low flow. Do you recommend anyone that can do it right without paying the Glenmore Audi premium?

George at Tune Dub is where you want to go. Labor is only $70, and if you tell him your a member of Eurodrivers you get an additional 10% off. Hes done the scheduled maitenence on my car and alot more work for others and hasn't received one negative comment. He is excellent.

Have you already had it scanned? I thought you said you weren't sure. if not, I'm happy to save you the $100 it will cost you and do it myself.

Mark

Si_FlyGuy
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
No worries on the VAG readings. R-Audi did a quick reading for me last week, and I wrote it down somewhere.

I was thinking of going to George too. Thanks!

Mitsu3000gt
02-08-2007, 12:21 AM
No worries on the VAG readings. R-Audi did a quick reading for me last week, and I wrote it down somewhere.

I was thinking of going to George too. Thanks!

NP, glad to see you got the help you needed.

Definitely talk to George. He has mentioned to me that he has had a lot of people with A6's come to him. He does great work and the price is filthy cheap.

A2VR6
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
My dad has a Passat with the 2.8L Audi V6 (similar to yours I think) and we had 2 o2 sensors go out on us... we brought it to George and he did a great job of replacing them! It was much cheaper than the dealerships for sure. However, beware, those 02 sensors arent cheap at all...

marko polo
02-08-2007, 02:31 AM
what makes you think the o2 sensor is out?

ive never replaced an 02 sensor so what are the symptons my car may show if it needed to be replaced besides bad gas mileage?

R-Audi
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
There was a code that came up in his car that told him so.
(You can scan the codes that come up using a VAG-com that is basically the same software the dealers use)

I go to George for all of my stuff as well... definitely highly regarded!