PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Owners or Against Them

cressida_pimpin
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Trying to compile some opinions on hybrid cars for a research project.

People that own hybrids....

-Why did you decide on a hybrid and what features are important to you in your hybrid?

For people that wouldn't buy a hybrid of feel hesitant to get one, why is that?

What are your views on hyrbids in general...

Thanks in advance!

whiskas
02-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't own a hybrid, but if I were to become obsessed with saving money in gas or stopping global warming (you can thank pollution for all the toasty weather we've been getting lately :D ) a hybrid would be the last thing I would consider.

I also like doing my own mechanical work and I doubt they design those cars to be friendly to the shade tree mechanic.

Just get a diesel VW and call it a day, you get a proper car for less money and better gas mileage.

schocker
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I cant say i would ever get a hybrid. the extra costs are there, and personally a great deal of choosing a car would be the fun factor aswell. as for fuel efficiency, i would get a diesel vehicle, as the new vw tdi engines as well as the mercedes and others have the cleaner blue tec engines which have lower emissions with more power and torque.

Slashin_
02-08-2007, 09:22 PM
wouldn't touch a fkin hybrid....cause if it ever break and can't go shop around for a cheap mechanic,or even do it your self....the only way to fix it is to take to dealership and get liscenced hybrid technician
which means good bye money

Isaiah
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I agree with these and all of the reasons against hybrids from your other thread.

TDI FTW.

rusich
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
You can always lease a hybrid

cressida_pimpin
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
any hybrid owners out there?