PDA

View Full Version : Minor accident WTF IS THAT NOISE? *help*

bamboo403
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Need a little advise guys. Last night i was driving down peigan and at the intersection of 36th and peigan some fucking idiot decides to do a left turn on the opposite lane RIGHT as im coming through the intersection going 50. of course what comes next is i swerve out of the way to the left and on peigan that puts me right into oncoming traffic. swerved back into my lane to avoid a head-on and overcompensated and i ended up curbing my car on a bad angle on my rear drivers tire. the thing is that my steelie was only slightly bent, but on the way home i was hearing a reverberating sound that gets louder the faster i went. when i got home i swapped out my tire just incase i threw off my alignment on that tire. BUT even with the donut on im still getting the reverberation at 40+ ive looked and cant see anything, theres nothing scraping, and i dont see any rub marks, and theres nothing hanging underneath the car where i pulled off the tire.
theres no wabble and the car isnt any harder to drive (i would probably feel it because i have manual steering)
do i have a bent axle?
could one of my other tires be doing it?
is it just a simple alignment?

regardless im so pissed off because i have to pay for someones stupidity
motherfucker.... :guns:

bamboo403
02-09-2007, 04:58 PM
up

85regal
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM
what kinda car? if you bent a steel wheel, most likely wheel bearing and other parts are damaged.

Tik-Tok
02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Is it synched with the engine RPM or the speed?

bamboo403
02-09-2007, 06:52 PM
its a 96 civic h/b
and its in synch with the speed i tried rpm but it has no effect

any help is appreciated

arian_ma
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Wheel bearing I would say. Search for threads like yours and there are lots of tips on how to find out whether it is a wheel bearing or not.
Don't do this on the snow and icy roads, but if you swerve left and right and the sound goes away and comes back then you will know pretty much forsure that it is a wheel bearing.
Good luck.

bamboo403
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
thanks alot guys.

it seems like bearing, my buddy said its the bearing too. is it expensive to fix?

S4maniac
02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Does the vibration get worse on braking? It could be a bent rotor then as well.

Dayclone
02-09-2007, 11:55 PM
has to do with that whole axel you hit the curb with... could be the wheel berring, the rotor, or even the axel itself being loose, it's not a good idea to continue driving on it as this happened to my friend while he was driving the axle fell apart and his whole car just dropped to the ground and was unable to go.

Steve

Mikespecr1
02-10-2007, 01:02 AM
i have seen tires fall off dew to stress cracks in the spindle from the same thing. Something to keep in mind.

arian_ma
02-10-2007, 01:15 AM
A Honda wheel bearing is usually expensive. I payed $115 for my prelude I think. I am not sure for Civics.
I would suggest against aftermarket, go OEM.

bamboo403
02-12-2007, 04:45 PM
no theres nothing to do with the braking at all.
i have driven the car twice but will be parking it shortly for a bit untill i can get it fixed.
pretty much everyone ive talked to has said the bearing tho.