PDA

View Full Version : What do u think?? should i sell my truck?

hoppy2018
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Iv been thinking out this for the last couple of months but i just cant make up my mind what is the right thing to do.

Alright, I have a 2001 s10 zr2 and i pay:

$230 Insurance
$170 Loan
$250 Gas

Total $650

My GF and i just got approved for a mortgage and were going to buy a house this month. Now the first time a person moves in to a new place their is alot of expenses and i want every extra penny i can get.

The other thing is I have a dirtbike and if i sell my truck I wont have anything to haul it:thumbsdow

I know alot of you just just bought houses and i would appeciate your input on what is best for me and my gf to do with my truck. Should i sell it and buy something cash with the money i make on it?

LEB MAFIA
02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
use it to make money

do hauling on the side ;)

boarderfatty
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
^^^ an S10 hauling :rofl:

boarderfatty
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
^^^ an S10 hauling :rofl:

Supa Dexta
02-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you need a truck at this time? If not ditch it, and sorry to say the bike as well.. Buying a house is a big move and thats when the cuts have to come (for many) Buy a smaller car if thats able to work for you, you'll cut insurance (perhaps) and def gas... And if you buy an older car to get you thru a yr or 2, you come ahead not having payments, as well if you keep it in good shape, not lose a lot on resale...

hoppy2018
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Do you need a truck at this time? If not ditch it, and sorry to say the bike as well.. Buying a house is a big move and thats when the cuts have to come (for many) Buy a smaller car if thats able to work for you, you'll cut insurance (perhaps) and def gas... And if you buy an older car to get you thru a yr or 2, you come ahead not having payments, as well if you keep it in good shape, not lose a lot on resale...

appreciate the input, thats pretty much exactly what i was thinking.

Masked Bandit
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I think you should keep the truck and sell the bike.

If this is your first house you will need a truck for picking up all kinds of stuff.

The 4.3L in that truck isn't all that bad on gas.

Tik-Tok
02-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
I think you should keep the truck and sell the bike.

+1 Unless you have a good friend who owns a truck and doesn't mind you borrowing it once in awhile, then sell them both.

The Cosworth
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Loose the bike, although it sucks I just had to do the same thing... BC Insurance is retarded

ScottysZ
02-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by hoppy2018
My GF and i just got approved for a mortgage and were going to buy a house this month. Now the first time a person moves in to a new place their is alot of expenses and i want every extra penny i can get.

The other thing is I have a dirtbike and if i sell my truck I wont have anything to haul it:thumbsdow

I know alot of you just just bought houses and i would appeciate your input on what is best for me and my gf to do with my truck. Should i sell it and buy something cash with the money i make on it? [/B]

Im in the exact situation with a 98 S10 zr2 and a couple dirtbikes. Its an awesome truck but somethins gotta go. I bought a camaro and an 89 camry for the winter instead. I think i can bum rides for my bike in my buddys truck though so i kinda lucked out.

What kinda mileage do you get? I get around 18 or 19 in the city, 23 or 24 highway.

tc3
02-10-2007, 04:27 PM
If you don't need them now, sell em. You can get them at any time later.
Especially now since u own a house (when u get it).
You won't have a problem getting a truck or whatever u want later. The way lenders look at you once u own a home is WAY different then before.
So don't fret about it, you can always get what u had again!

hoppy2018
02-10-2007, 08:57 PM
thanks everybody for the great input, Its helped out alot, I think whats best is im gonna sell my truck cause like u all said i can always buy another one later on.

thanks again