PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeland

Nizmo_GTR
02-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Anyone want to share their thoughts on the community of Bridgeland. Its seems to be the new up and coming neighborhood for young professionals. There is a C-train station, 15min walk to downtown, new condo construction, influx of trendy businesses such as Starbucks, etc.

There looks to be a wide range of condo prices from $240K to $900K. Anyone thinking of moving into or investing in a property in Bridgeland?

Spatz
02-10-2007, 09:00 PM
i live in bridgeland, bought the a house for 275 000 3 years ago now its worth 650 000 and by me i mean my mom.

Si_FlyGuy
02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
My favourite Starbucks, Zipang, Main Dish, La Dolce Vita, and La Brezza within a block of each other...I love that community. Beautiful buildings there.

The people who frequent that starbucks are generally classier and friendlier.

CalgarySupra
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Lets not forget Tazaa Grill everyone! and the Main Dish food is one of my favorites.

euro_racer
02-10-2007, 11:19 PM
ahhh our first residence in Canada was in that neighborhood :thumbsup:

i dont know if it is still the same as 7-8 years ago but it seems like a nice place. i really love the houses on the hills there :D

Draike
02-11-2007, 01:00 AM
We bought a condo right behind The Main Dish in the second "Pontefino" building (it's for rent or sale if anyone wants it).

The area is beautiful and it is an old Italian neighbourhood that has been revamped; a lot of the new buildings are on the site of the old General Hospital. The buildings are named to reflect the Italian history of the community. The Main Dish and Starbucks etc. are in the Piazza building - there is Olive, Pontefino and so on. As mentioned above, the restaurants in the area are fabulous... my favourites are The Main Dish ( http://www.tmdish.com ) and Tazza ( http://www.tazzafresh.com ). These two restaurants alone are almost reason enough for moving to or visiting Bridgeland.

I have heard that there will be over 2200 new condo units by the time the third phase is finished. They are starting phase 2 right now but the labour shortages and construction delays have slowed down the appearance of the new buildings. Rumour has it that there will be a 25% increase in construction costs (mostly due to the labour shortages) here in Calgary by springtime.

If you are thinking of buying in Bridgeland, I think it is an excellent investment because of its proximity to downtown Calgary. Good luck,

Draike.
[email protected]

msommers
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
Lets not forget Tazaa Grill everyone!

Hell ya, I love that place! The whole area has gotten a lot nicer since the General hospital was demolished and reconstruction was done...or getting pretty close anyways. It's actually the area our family is thinking about moving, as there are large lots on the nice hill top and moving would take 5 minutes to transfer stuff.

HRD2PLZ
02-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I have sold quite a few condo's in Bridgeland. Mainly to young professionals. From what they have told me, they love the area. Fantastic location.

Pontefino is a great building :thumbsup:

Nizmo_GTR
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I have sold quite a few condo's in Bridgeland. Mainly to young professionals. From what they have told me, they love the area. Fantastic location.

Pontefino is a great building :thumbsup:

I have heard some good info regarding the Pontefinos. The last building of Phase 1 will be complete within the next 2 months and Phase 2 will begin presales by summer. I also understand that the pontefinos are the only concrete framed condos on Center Ave.

Are there any negative info that has been circulating about these buildings.

CalgarySupra
02-11-2007, 03:31 PM
concrete is the best building material doesnt compare to wood and mdf

89coupe
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I live in Bridgeland, great area!:thumbsup:

D. Dub
02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Arguably one of the nicest inner city neighborhoods :thumbsup:

blueripper6
02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Tazaa is soo good.
The area is sketchy though.
I have seen tons of crackheads/dealers/hookers and generally fucked up people at the macs on edmonton trail.

The 7-11 closer to tazaa is not sketchy at all.. I guess all the crackheads go to the macs..

89coupe
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Tazaa is soo good.
I have seen tons of crackheads/dealers/hookers and generally fucked up people at the macs on edmonton trail.

The 7-11 closer to tazaa is not sketchy at all.. I guess all the crackheads go to the macs..

Really though, isn't that who really ever goes to Mac's or 7 Elevens...LOL:rofl:

01RedDX
02-13-2007, 02:18 PM

CalgarySupra
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
yeah its a nice area but cause its next to downtown a lot of bums and creems.

albert park radisson heights is nice too.

Killa_Kam
02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Tazaa is soo good.

hahahaha :werd: