PDA

View Full Version : SE W810i mp3 ringtones

fcuk_it
02-11-2007, 01:38 AM
how do I get the the mp3's to become ringtones? i have the w810i from rogers and I have mp3's on my memory stick but i can't use them as ringtones like I could on my k750i
anyone know how to do this?

djayz
02-11-2007, 01:44 AM
you must flash your phone and unbrand it
check howardforums or do a search. There was a thread created about this about a week and a half ago and there was some informative sites in there.

fcuk_it
02-11-2007, 02:10 AM
can anyone here flash and unbrand it? i just got it unlocked today

djayz
02-11-2007, 03:14 AM
You can do it yourself.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=163969&highlight=w810i

Like I said do a little research. Howardforums.com ...there is plenty of guides and tutorials on how to unlock/flash/unbrand your phone.:rolleyes:

Euro838
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
where? how did you get it unlocked? I have debranded the phone so I can help you with that.

fcuk_it
02-19-2007, 06:00 PM
i went to orange wave wireless on 17th ave and center st NW its right on the corner across the st from safeway.... they unlocked it for $35 and it took like 20 min

is there any way i can unbrand and flash it for free? haha

jsn
02-19-2007, 08:29 PM
I had the same problem with my w300i. Go to the S E website and look for a program called the DRM packer. It changes the format of the mp3 so you can use any song as the ringtone. Pretty clever of Sony. This method allows you to use mp3s without having to unbrand/unlock your phone :thumbsup:
You might have to dig around pretty hard because i believe Rogers asked them to remove the program.
If you cant find it PM me and I can send you the program

toyboy88
02-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by jsn
I had the same problem with my w300i. Go to the S E website and look for a program called the DRM packer. It changes the format of the mp3 so you can use any song as the ringtone. Pretty clever of Sony. This method allows you to use mp3s without having to unbrand/unlock your phone :thumbsup:
You might have to dig around pretty hard because i believe Rogers asked them to remove the program.
If you cant find it PM me and I can send you the program

DRM on this page:

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/docstools/misc/p_misc.jsp