PDA

View Full Version : By-passing Park Brake For In-Dash-DVD

funkedelic
02-11-2007, 05:31 AM
I recently bought an In dash dvd for my e36 bmw. It's problaby not a good idea to be watching movies/music videos while driving your car but often times I am driving with a passenger or long distances from lethbridge to edmonton, ect, and would be used for passenger viewing.

I was wondering if anybody knew how to by pass them to watch video without having to use the park brake, I know a lot of people have done it but I am pretty clueless. (It is a jensen unit)

Thanks in advance..

'93 SR-V
02-11-2007, 05:54 AM
all you have to do is ground the wire that they tell you to connect to the parking brake.

EG_Civic
02-11-2007, 11:00 AM
just dont connect it to anything

MrSector9
02-11-2007, 12:37 PM
haha see above. it depends on the unit and how your park brake works.

You either have to ground it or leave it unhooked.

now however for almost all players it must be grounded

Mad$ella
02-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I got one in my pmped out Mustang 5.0L and no one has ever harassd me

cressida_pimpin
02-11-2007, 03:29 PM
theres a box called a tr2 or somthing that sends the reciever .5 of a volt that tricks it into turning the screen on when the ebrakes down.
i bought mine from rob at a and b sound sunridge.

The Cosworth
02-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
theres a box called a tr2 or somthing that sends the reciever .5 of a volt that tricks it into turning the screen on when the ebrakes down.
i bought mine from rob at a and b sound sunridge.

again depends on what unit you have, I would suggest seeing what signal it requires to turn on then just replicate it by either buying a resistor (to drop the voltage to the desired level) and puting it to +12VDC, Grounding it, or connecting it to +12VDC

ercchry
02-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

again depends on what unit you have, I would suggest seeing what signal it requires to turn on then just replicate it by either buying a resistor (to drop the voltage to the desired level) and puting it to +12VDC, Grounding it, or connecting it to +12VDC

yup 100% right when i got my alpine i just needed to ground it i bought it at a store and they audio guy just told me what wire it was and that it needed grounding