PDA

View Full Version : When to apply for summer jobs?

slick2404
02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I want to start looking for a summer job before I move to lethbridge in the fall....does anyone have any insight on when to start applying for these jobs...I haven’t seen any postings up yet I'm thinking by March they should be up?

Where would you look to work if your BA Mgmt Diploma Grad, and going to work towards a finance degree in the fall. The way I see it:

Option A) Look for something work experience related that you can put on your resume for 4 months (or continue PT in Lethbridge) Banks, ect.

Option B) Hit up any posting that pays well with FT hours and get the f out of there once the 4months are up..

What would you do?

death_rabbits
02-12-2007, 12:20 AM
immediatly man. last summer i had a summer job by october of the previous year. nows around when people usually start hiring though. ur not going to see postings for the good jobs cuz they fill themselves without needing a posting. on top of that they want u to show the initiative of seeking out a position with their company if u want to work there. if u want just a normal shitty summer job like landscaping r something, then wait until the actual summer cuz for those jobs the interview is only a formality, as long as ur not retarded (or sometimes even then) they'll give u a job. if u already have a diploma, u should be shooting a little higher than that. my advice is to start thinking of what types of firms have the types of jobs u want, and then start looking at their websites for jobs, and then start calling, and then start applying (for option A). but ur probably best off with option b since u already have a diploma, just get a real job related to that n ditch when u start school. why r u moving to lethbridge for a sumer job though?? ur gonna get a way better one in calgary.

slick2404
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
^ Thanks for the reply, im not moving there untill the fall....so i'll be here i calgary untill then.

Audio_Rookie
02-12-2007, 06:31 PM
stay in calgary for job.....lethbridge has shit all for decent paying jobs...

I worked at convergys (a call center) for 10$/hr for 2 years, left at 12$/hr....

I make about 18$/hr now in edmonton just starting lol.

slick2404
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
^ haha nice what do you there?

Audio_Rookie
02-15-2007, 08:33 PM
did do tech support for an internet company in the states (comcast)

its a shit hole...avoid at all costs.

and now i work a bead blaster machine and soon start my apprenticeship as a welder.

day goes by much faster when your not talking do dumb ass people from the states all day.