PDA

View Full Version : Need Wondow Help

bimeer123
02-12-2007, 12:00 AM
hey guys well i drive a 1993 bmw 318is coupe i pulled my drivers side window down and now it wont come back up, it use to not work sometimes but when it did it always came back up but now it wont come back up at all. I smacked my door real hard couple of times to see if that makes it work but nothing:( anybody know how to fix this or recomend some shops that could fix this cuz it kinda sucks that I dont have a window in this weather oh and its power windows:bigpimp:

97'Scort
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, that's a lot to say in one breath. Anyways, when you say you "pulled" the window down, how did you accomplish that? Did you take the door panel off and pull it down? Did you push it down from the top? Or did you just use the normal electric control to put it down?

If you physically forced it down, there's a number of things you could have busted, and most of them are a pretty pricey repair.

The Cosworth
02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Wow, that's a lot to say in one breath. Anyways, when you say you "pulled" the window down, how did you accomplish that? Did you take the door panel off and pull it down? Did you push it down from the top? Or did you just use the normal electric control to put it down?

If you physically forced it down, there's a number of things you could have busted, and most of them are a pretty pricey repair.

Window could have fallen off the rail, or the motor is broken. is the motor still making noise when you hit the button? if so there is lots of different linkage that could be in pieces.

Have you tried taking the door panel off and raising it manually (usually a bolt or hex screw)