PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a 7th gen celica?

nagooro
02-12-2007, 01:45 PM
How are they overall? the good? the bad?

Speed_69
02-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Overall, i've heard that they're slow and not worth the money you pay for it. There are much better cars you can get for that kind of money. And as an insurance broker, I can tell you that the insurance rates on the GTS is crazyy high.

Neo8
02-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I own a '03 Celica and it depends what you want. If you just want looks, then go for it. If you want speed, then you might want to either look for another car or put in a turbo/SC.

Milk2%
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
a good driver can easily do 15s with basic boltons ive seen some go as low as 14. Rev happy engines, also there 6speed :D cant find many 6speeds for under 25k

kvanderlaag
02-13-2007, 05:47 PM
They look like spaceships.

What more do you want? Either you want to fly a spaceship, or you don't.

whitexboi69
02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
they are so cute!!

whitexboi69
02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
oops im on my bf's account

tentacles
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Ooh! I want to fly a spaceship!

Celica use to be Toyota's WRC car. The homogalation 6th Gen Celica GT4 was a 250hp turbocharged 3S-GTE with Torsen differential AWD, it ran with and beat the Evos and STis of the day. It even had a water spray for the intercooler like the STi does. How cool is that?

For the 7th Gen, Toyota replaces that monster with a 180hp FWD plastic ricebox with a big spoiler. Then they wonder why no one bought them, so they just kill the entire line. :dunno:

pyar__deewane
02-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by whitexboi69
they are so cute!!

Originally posted by whitexboi69
oops im on my bf's account

:rofl:

Milk2%
02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
Ooh! I want to fly a spaceship!

Celica use to be Toyota's WRC car. The homogalation 6th Gen Celica GT4 was a 250hp turbocharged 3S-GTE with Torsen differential AWD, it ran with and beat the Evos and STis of the day. It even had a water spray for the intercooler like the STi does. How cool is that?

For the 7th Gen, Toyota replaces that monster with a 180hp FWD plastic ricebox with a big spoiler. Then they wonder why no one bought them, so they just kill the entire line. :dunno:

6th gens (alltrac/gtfour) weren't brought to north america because the earlier 5th gens didn't sell much. Once toyota left wrc they had no more development and involvment so therefor they switched to f1 and put there time and money in there. So therefor the 7th gen was underpowered eco box. Still a light frame, check out what a 3rd gen engine (3sgte)with awd does in a 7th gen frame.

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16476

tentacles
02-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Dude, there has to be 100 grand under the hood of that Celica. :rofl:

Milk2%
02-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
Dude, there has to be 100 grand under the hood of that Celica. :rofl:

:S

celicaguy
02-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I personally think these cars are awesome, and the gts is by no means slow, it will break into the 13s with only a few bolt ons. And like any toyota its built better than anything else on the road. But I own 2 celica's and i am very biased.

Milk2%
02-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by celicaguy
I personally think these cars are awesome, and the gts is by no means slow, it will break into the 13s with only a few bolt ons. And like any toyota its built better than anything else on the road. But I own 2 celica's are am very biased.

If you have the white gt-four..ive seen you around, very nice.

gts are way underrated from most ppl.

aklalani
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
for a basic sports car its awesome. lacks power but look good in my opinion. i own one though so what do i know

TEAMFaint
02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Milk2%

If you have the white gt-four..ive seen you around, very nice.

gts are way underrated from most ppl.

He owns the grey gt-four actually..his GTS is the white one, with the full bodykit and your old rims :)

GTS can hit 13's yes, good driver, basic bolt on mods. However the styling of them is very hit or miss, either you love them or you hate em pretty much. The interior is absolutely gorgeous once you sit in them and helps you fall in love with the car. I have drove a 2006 WRX STI, 2005 Acura RSX Type S and a 2003 Toyota Celica GT, and out of them all the interior on the celica was way more cockpitish and way more fun to even just sit in.

If i could afford a GTS I would personally get one for the simple fact of being a celica lover, however they are way overpriced here in Canada. You can find them on craigslist down in the US for around $8000 American for a great conditioned GTS. (May be on my to-do list in the spring/summer)

Isaiah
02-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by celicaguy
And like any toyota its built better than anything else on the road.

By "anything else on the road" I assume you mean other Japanese makes, in which case you're still wrong.

Nismo FTW.

calgarygts
02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I've owned one before (GTS 6 speed) and loved it. I'm actually shopping for one right now and will probably buy one within a month - I liked it for a few reasons: I liked the way it looked, liked the handling, was fairly quick (to me), great gas mileage and the hatch made it somewhat practical for hockey, snowboarding, etc. A lot of people talk down about them but I got a ton of compliments from everyone who saw it.
I recommend them.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/calgarygts/IMG_0464.jpg

DeeCEE101
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I guess i'll add another biased opinion lol. I picked up my GTS for my winter car this season, and for what it's worth, I think it's a great little vehicle. It's got a great engine, nicely tuned stock suspension and a decently light body, it can definitely hold it's own on the road. The 6th gear is a nice feature, and i don't think very many cars in this price range will have it.

From my research, it seems to respond very well to bolt ons, if you are considering taking that path. I myself haven't driven or been in the GT version, so I can't comment on the performance difference between the two.

TEAMFaint
02-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

By "anything else on the road" I assume you mean other Japanese makes, in which case you're still wrong.

Nismo FTW.

Try an actual comparison with Toyota builds to Nissan. I'm pretty sure you'll be surprized who takes the cake.

BigMass
02-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Great car, when i bought my Type S the GTS was definitely in the running. The interior really makes you feel like you're driving a sports car. Even though the engine isnt really powerful, the high revving 1.8 with the light weight of the car makes for a really fun drive and deceptively fast.

4doorj
02-14-2007, 03:41 PM
i love the look of this gen celica
they are sweeet!