PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Honda Prelude S/VTEC.. (mine)

kevie88
05-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, I don't really want to do this, but life is not what it once was and the wallet gets tighter and tighter.. :bullshit:

What it is:
1993 Prelude S with JDM H22A VTEC swap For Sale..

- 1993 Honda Prelude S Black on Black cloth
- 150,000km
- JDM H22A VTEC Engine -200HP stock
- No more than 100,000KM on the engine (so they told me when I bought it, no way to really verify that tho.)
- M2B4 LSD 5 Speed Transmission (very rare -Not available in North America)
- Field "Boxer Series" VTEC and Air/Fuel Controller (Deletes JDM 180KM/h speed limiter)
- E.S. Motor mounts
- Short ram intake
- Ractive "twin Loop" style exhaust (Fisting-worthy tip :D )
- Acura Legend 2-piston front Calipers w/Brembo blank SRV rotors
- 16" Unknown wheels (see photo)
- BRAND NEW (less than 200KM) 205/50-16 Aurora (Hankook) K103's
- Kenwood deck (KRC740) and 6 disc changer and Aux (rca) input
- 10" Rockford Fosgate Dual voice Coil Sub w/150.1 amp (240ish watts, I have the birth certificate still.)
- 120v inverter for laptop ect
- H&R Springs on stock struts (works fine for now, you might want to upgrade struts)
- 1992 "long console" with storage box (CD changer inside)
- Momo Apache Steering Wheel (stock wheel with airbag and cable reel included)
- Mobil 1 oil exclusively since the swap, every 4-5000 KM's. Tranny oil always changed at the same time. (overkill, but cheap insurance!)
-Stock wing is included but not installed. I have a sunroof visor that cuts down on wind noise, but doesn't look that good.

I'm forgetting some things.. I'll update as I remember them..

What it needs:

- Rust repair on quarters near the bumper, (like they all have) -I was quoted between 300-700 depending on the shop to repair.
- Some general clean-up of the Stereo Install (I'll do this before anyone buys)
- New Exhaust midpipe, The stock one is not great and rattles due to a poor repair job by Midas Muffler on 17th ave and 38th (don't ever go there)
- um, that's about it.

I've got recipts for several thousand dollars not including the swap!! I'm afraid to total it all up but $7-8000 in parts alone including the engine isn't that far off.
I have several hundred hours into the car, and know every single nut and bolt in it. Nothing was 1/2 assed in the buildup, if it needed it, I did it. New clutch, gaskets, water pump, timing belt ect! Nothing mechanical is needed other than a new exhaust mid pipe.

Once again I really don't want to sell the car and I'm really just gauging interest right now...but, if someone comes up with the cash, it's their's!

My E-mail is: [email protected]

$14,000 Firm.. I won't sell for less, it's not worth it to me to loose this sweetheart. I love this car and look at it as a reflection of myself -it's built on my blood, sweat and sacrifice.

er.. is that too melodromatic? Anyhow.. Photos:

kevie88
05-26-2003, 10:29 AM
yes

kevie88
05-26-2003, 10:30 AM
:(

kevie88
05-26-2003, 10:31 AM
:confused:

LUDELVR
05-26-2003, 10:44 AM
What the hell is wrong with you man? You might as well be getting rid of your own child!!!! haha, man, I'm sorry to see that you have to let her go! Shit dude, you haven't even brought her out for a cruise yet! Damn it man, anyway, you should at least bring her out one more time for the lude meet on saturday! I mean, since you haven't come to any 403 meets yet!! hahaha :rofl:

But yah man, sorry to see her go! What's next for you then?

Speed_RaSiR
05-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

- JDM H22A VTEC Engine -200HP stock

Isn't the JDM H22A 220HP?

kevie88
05-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

Isn't the JDM H22A 220HP?

Nah, I wish!! heh. The Type S ones are 220 but the "base" H22A is 200.

kevie88
05-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
What the hell is wrong with you man? You might as well be getting rid of your own child!!!! haha, man, I'm sorry to see that you have to let her go! Shit dude, you haven't even brought her out for a cruise yet! Damn it man, anyway, you should at least bring her out one more time for the lude meet on saturday! I mean, since you haven't come to any 403 meets yet!! hahaha :rofl:

But yah man, sorry to see her go! What's next for you then?

Well, It's more of a financial desparation thing.. I'm getting paid roughly 50% of what I should be in my current position, and there seems to be no chance of a raise anytime soon. After 3 years of this meager existance I'm kinda finished in a financial sense. I'm going to be working 2 jobs soon to keep my head above water and I'm not sure it's worth it --Should I "live to work" or "work to live"? That's the question I'm asking myself. I really think my girlfriend deserves to be taken out for a dinner or two once in a while as well (thanks baby)
I'm hoping things change so I can keep the car and continue on with the modding, but it's not really looking good.

I think the next car will be the 86 Civic hatch I just rebuilt, and I'll keep my 2k1 R1 for ripping around on and track days. I got the bike WAAAAAY to cheap to sell it, I'm only into the bike for $4300 right now and I still have a ton of parts to sell. I hope to be into the bike for under $3000 when all is said and done.

I'll definately be out this weekend for the lude meet, And I'll try to make it out on Wednesday (been there a couple of times and no one I knew was there!!) for sure.

shadowz
05-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Good luck with the sale, sad to see it go

kevie88
05-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Good luck with the sale, sad to see it go

Well, it's not gone yet! I'm pretty sad about the whole thing too, but maybe things will work out.

Your car looked great on Friday night BTW, Sounds awesome too.. I wanna go for a ride in it sometime to see how a turbo H22 goes!! :D

CRXguy
05-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Hope it goes to a good home. Good Luck dude.

Working 2 jobs isn't all that bad either! ;) :thumbsup:

buh_buh
05-26-2003, 01:23 PM
Shiet Kevie, keep the car!! I hate seeing another luder sell their car (I think that makes everybody but me)

P. Daddy Pedro
05-27-2003, 12:24 AM
i would but if i had the cash, thats a clean ride.