PDA

View Full Version : Tow Truck fees

Euro_Trash
02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey guys
So my girlfriend car broke down on the Whitemud today (stalled and then wouldn't start again, turned out to be a faulty ignition coil). So I called her a tow truck or whatever
Found out later that the tow truck didnt show up for an hour and a half, so she went and found another tow truck, and got him to tow her car. While he was hooking her car up (this is almost 2 hours after I called a truck) the other truck came, starts ripping on her for calling him out for nothing, and makes her pay 50 bucks.
Now if I had been there, I would of told him to **ck right off, but she isn't like that, and paid him.
I am just curious if she HAD to pay, or if I can go talk to him and get that money back, because I don't think he deserves it at all.

Thanks

Sharpie
02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Who cares man it takes that long for tow trucks to respond to a call most times. If I was him I would of been pissed too..

Isaiah
02-13-2007, 07:16 PM
You can talk to him but I can tell you right now that you're not going to get that money back so I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

These guys most of the time are contractors and going on a call costs them money. I'm not in any way condoning what he did but I'm sure that's how he would justify it.

Weapon_R
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
2 hours in this weather? Consider yourself lucky.

Audio_Rookie
02-13-2007, 07:29 PM
just 50$, I would be happy.

Euro_Trash
02-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Yea I guess you guys are right, probably pretty busy with all the little fender benders. Just one of those annoying parts of winter I guess :(

Slashin_
02-13-2007, 07:35 PM
i think fees are like 60-80 bux for showing up....then .20-.50 a km after that.......

Get AMA.....free towings :D
and it doesn't have to be your car either....i used it for my bros car that ran into the ditch yesterday...
best 80 bux spent.....

hjr
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
your supposed to call them back if they arnt needed (so they arnt driving around everywhere and the vehicles are gone).

Whitetiger
02-15-2007, 12:23 AM
^^^

:werd: He came out to help you (Not knowing you already called another truck)... Just got to deal with the wait in this weather, even Chinese deliveries take 1.5 hrs.

sr20dets13
02-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Slashin_
i think fees are like 60-80 bux for showing up....then .20-.50 a km after that.......

Get AMA.....free towings :D
and it doesn't have to be your car either....i used it for my bros car that ran into the ditch yesterday...
best 80 bux spent.....

i tried to use ama 2 weekends ago..(my alternator belt came loose and my car died on the highway) i called and gave the girl my card # or w.e and my info then shes like umm yea its only free hook up and 5 km..the rest i need to pay..so i was like damn and i was far outa calgary..right outside of lethbridge..so i said id call her back..then when i did another lady told me that my card # wasnt valid and i would have to use another tow company...my cell was dieing too and they put me on hold forever..pissed me off lol