PDA

View Full Version : SUMO restuarant in Sunridge

HPR
02-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Yesterday on Valentines Day, my girlfriend and I decided to go out to SUMO at Sunridge Mall. I hope my experience there is one of a kind, since it took nearly 30 minutes just to put our order through, and even worse, an hour and a half to finally recieve it (or some of it). My dish appetizers were missed, even though my girlfriend recieved all hers.

In the end, the manager did give us a 10% discount and a complimentary plate of salmon sashimi. But by the time came, it was too late. The food was above average, but I don't believe the wait was worth it. Sorry for the long rant.

Isaiah
02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the review.

CaseoftheEX
02-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Avoid this place - a buddy of mine went there recently and found a pubic hair in his food :eek:

jdmakkord
02-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX
Avoid this place - a buddy of mine went there recently and found a pubic hair in his food :eek: :rofl: How did he determine it to be pubic? lol

Speed_69
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Prices are rediculous are Sumo Lounge, well at least the one in eau claire downtown. I can spend $60 for two people and i'll still hungry. :thumbsdow

s2k_boi
02-16-2007, 11:20 AM
You know the one in Eau Claire is Sumo Lounge ? and the one in Sunridge is Sumo Grill I believe... but for sure they are not owned by the same people.

I personally haven't been to the one in Sunridge, but would the lack of service coming from that they are fairly new and second it was Valentines day, majority of the restaurants where quite busy.

Isaiah
02-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
:rofl: How did he determine it to be pubic? lol

He CSI'd it.

cmodem
02-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by s2k_boi
You know the one in Eau Claire is Sumo Lounge ? and the one in Sunridge is Sumo Grill I believe... but for sure they are not owned by the same people.

I personally haven't been to the one in Sunridge, but would the lack of service coming from that they are fairly new and second it was Valentines day, majority of the restaurants where quite busy.

No man i work up in the NE and we go there every so often once a week... once every two weeks whenever.

And all the time its random sometimes you get it right away other times you wait over 30 minutes for sushi on a weekday when the place isn't even that busy.

teggypimp95
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Gees you should of got alot more than 10%. You could of got that with a coupon. Should of been ur meal for free at least.

Isaiah
02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Not sure if the Sumo Lounge in Eau Claire is the same franchise or not but the food was average and I found it very expensive for what you get.

Sakana is a much better value in my opinion and the new location is Crowfoot has a great ambiance.

CaseoftheEX
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
:rofl: How did he determine it to be pubic? lol well from what he told me "it was too short for scalp hair, and considering nobody working there had that short of hair" :nut:

CaseoftheEX
02-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
Prices are rediculous are Sumo Lounge, well at least the one in eau claire downtown. I can spend $60 for two people and i'll still hungry. :thumbsdow Anything on Eau Claire property is a rip off. But considering they are starving for business its so surprise.

max_boost
02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Well it must have been super busy. Kind of expected on V-day imo!

lexIS300
02-26-2007, 01:30 AM
just went there this week and the service i got was good. although they did take forever to give me the bill. i thought the food was good and it wasnt expensive, 70 bucks for 3 people.

r1_boii
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
is it busy usually at that place?

going to go try it with my family

any reviews about it service ambience and food?