PDA

View Full Version : Can you price haggle at wreckers?

R-Audi
02-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Just looking at a trunk lid, and for the one I want there is one in Nisku AB that is about $125 cheaper then one in Calgary...(350 vs. 225)

Apparently the cheaper one needs a bit of work (the said approx 1 hour) but thats a huge price difference.. so I was thinking to approach the Calgary one and mention the price in nisku...
Think they will move?

A790
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Umm... depends on the demand for the trunk lid really.

If no one has asked him about it in weeks or no one has shown interest it might work. I once got a seniors discount when I jokingly asked, so anything can work if you try it :)

msommers
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I allows haggle with those guys. Sometimes they want so much money, I could import it from the States for cheaper, which is stupid. Haggle!

Toma
02-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Yep, you can give er try. See, wreckers often go by demand, and what an insurance company will pay.... they know what it's worth new to....

So, doesn't hurt to try. And don't BS them, cause most of them are linked together, and they can easily see who also has the same part (if they want to).

I'm getting a bumper cover today.... its $50 more then aftermarket, but its already the colour I need and a factory piece... So, I am gonna try to get them to drop the price $50 - $100