PDA

View Full Version : where to buy vinyl dye??

h_s
02-16-2007, 10:47 AM
im changing my interior from white to black, where do i buy vinyl die, has anyone on the forum used this stuff?? how was your experience

sneek
02-16-2007, 12:38 PM
you can spray paint it with duplicolor vinyl paint. I don't know how well it works, but it's available at Canadian Tire

94_c1v1c_si
02-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Not sure if you changed your interior yet but don't use that crap from CT...... go to an upholstry shop and buy it there...... use the SEM product 10 times better quality

ex1z7
03-08-2007, 07:37 PM
plastic dye and vinyl dye should be readily available at hobby shops. Good luck getting it to look near as good as OEM or anything near.. But use a matte finish or you'll have horrific glare from the sun if you're using paint..

upholsteryguy
04-16-2007, 10:38 PM
yes make sure u use sem and you need the strip/prep which also comes in a spray bomb if surface isnt cleaned it will flake as for sem try to stay away from the custom mixed colors the factory cans at least are mixed and proportioned properly if you have more questions call alpine upholstery be glad to help

thanatos1111
04-28-2007, 01:33 PM
There's a company in Calgary that has vinyl dye that they can match colors if you bring in a sample. If you don't have a sample or just want to change the WHOLE color I think you can just tell them the color you want. What they do is they mix up a batch in pint, gallon, half-gallon, etc.... you use it in a paint spray gun (non-aerosol), just like painting a car. I believe it's called Calgary Body Shop Supply. It used to be called Dean's.... but that was a long time ago.

Annoyingrob
07-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Can someone point me to a SEM distributor in the SW?