PDA

View Full Version : Goin out for Dinner tonight, suggestions?

freshprince
02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
The wife and I rescheduled our Valentine's day for today since we were both busy Wednesday night.

Looking for a new restauraunt to try and open to suggestions, we like a nice sit-down place, not a bar or pub. Some of our fav's are Phoenix Grill, Metropololitan Grill, Chameleon. South end of the city would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.

teggypimp95
02-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Steak pit in brag creek is very nice.

teggypimp95
02-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Red carpet is nice, or cesars is always good.

Isaiah
02-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Many years ago I went to a great little place which I believe was on Lake Bonavista. I don't remember the name but it overlooked the lake and the food and service was outstanding.

Stage West is another selection. They have a great dinner buffet and you get to enjoy the show as well.

tictactoe2004
02-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Red carpet is nice, or cesars is always good.

I second caesars in willow park village, thats where I took my woman for valentines and that place is sooooooo good... It will cost you about $100-$200 depending on how many drinks and if you have dessert.

Isaiah
02-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Steak pit in brag creek is very nice.

Big :thumbsup: for Steak Pit if you don't mind the drive out to Bragg Creek. If you call them early to reserve, they'll make her a great little wooden sign engraved with her name on it. Really nice little memento.

Sharpie
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Ceasars by south centre :drool: amazing went there for my bros b-day and the food was hella good.

Si_FlyGuy
02-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Many years ago I went to a great little place which I believe was on Lake Bonavista. I don't remember the name but it overlooked the lake and the food and service was outstanding.

Stage West is another selection. They have a great dinner buffet and you get to enjoy the show as well.

It used to be called Inn on Lake Bonavista years ago, but have since been renamed Newport Grill. Outstanding food as I recall from many years ago, and great view. Quite pricey for what you get, but still somewhere to try once or twice. They have a website where you can view their menu.

Stage West is awesome. Great value, delicious dishes, and good variety of food.

CaseoftheEX
02-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I still think the keg is good food. Only been there 3 times but I still prefer their steaks over many other steakhouses, and they arent as expensive as some say.

ronaldo
02-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Red Water Rustic Grill or Vintage Chophouse