PDA

View Full Version : importing a car older then 15 years

rouxel
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
iv seached it a few times and cant find what im looking for. this will be my first time importing from the states and m not entierly sure what im doing i read the thread by JAYMEZ but i think that is directed at cars less the 15 years old. i talked to the RIV and they said i dont have to deal with them at all. I also talked to the Boarder.

what i really want to no is what am i to expect when i get to the boarder. i also went to the RIV web site and read the page that told me what to expect when i get there but agian the is directed at cars that arnt 15 years old.

when i get to the boarder is it going to be what the RIV sites says or will it be differant because its 15 years old. and the site also says i have a certain amount of says to do all this differant stuff like ferdral inspection. or do i just have to get a out of province inspection.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Travis

Tik-Tok
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Everything you've read INCLUDES cars 15 years or older.

mx73someday
02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
15 year old cars are exempt from going through the RIV, you won't have to do a federal inspection, only the the out of province inspection. You'll still have to declare it at the border.

Mar
02-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I know many people who do this as a business. PM me if you want some details.

Arthur Dent
02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
pay gst, duty, a/c tax, etc but only a out province inspection. easy.

JAYMEZ
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Same process going through the boarder.