PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Star Weekend

beecue
02-16-2007, 06:39 PM
anyone watching the celebrity game right now ... LT and Reggie Bush are playing :eek: ... and Chris Tucker is jokes ... doesnt know where the basket is :rofl: ... dunk contest going to suck tommorow ... skills should be good .. then those guys should just do a dunk off :)

beecue
02-17-2007, 10:19 PM
:eek: ... dammmmmmmmmmmm ... i thought dunk contest was gonna suck .. that was awesome though ... no nba fans in calgary huh .. u guys love that hockey lol

KuruptEX
02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
omg too sick omgggggggggggggggggggg

gerrycurl21
02-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by beecue
:eek: ... dammmmmmmmmmmm ... i thought dunk contest was gonna suck .. that was awesome though ... no nba fans in calgary huh .. u guys love that hockey lol

dunk contest did suck......

KuruptEX
02-17-2007, 10:38 PM
kinda 12.6 thats high

adidas
02-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I played against Gerald Green a few years ago in Las Vegas, i def knew he was gonna win the dunk contest. Hes a high leaper, got finesse and power in his dunks.

Skills challange was bs. Although Lebron is one of my fav players he didnt even try to compete so that really blew a big one.

As for the dunk contest, Nate is a short dude and its amazing to see someone jump so high but he really runs out of dunks that he could do after the first round.

Just my .02

guessboi
02-17-2007, 11:28 PM
the dunk contest is a bit weak this year. the best dunk is the sticker dunk. so creative! :D Dwright Howard is gonna be a force for years to come. He got the size, leap and skill. :thumbsup:

Hakkola
02-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Dunk contest was alright, first round sucked ass, the only thing that made it worth watching was the sticker on the backboard.

NBA skills comp overall was LAME.

-Jay21-
02-17-2007, 11:45 PM
I always look forward to the dunk competition, but really Dwight Howard should have gone through to the 2nd round with that second dunk. reaches 12 foot 6 inches with that sticker, awesome stuff.
Wonder what he would have done in the 2nd round if he had made it through :dunno:

BigDannyCool
02-18-2007, 12:14 AM
The judges were cheap on the scores, especially jordan.

no_joke
02-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Once again the best dunk of the night didn't belong to the winner just like last year with Iguodala. Like the other guys said, Dwight's sticker dunk was awesome. The creative stuff like that is the best. Gerald's last dunk over the table was technically a 10 but how creative is that?

I feel like Kenny Smith right now overanalyzing the NBA's lame skills compy.

Jynx
02-18-2007, 01:45 AM
skills comp was terrible. It was as tho they were all goin in slow motion!

Cant wait till 2morrow for the actual game!

SHAQ FOR MVP! lol

Melinda
02-18-2007, 01:59 AM
I was very dissapointed in the dunk contest this year. Last year's was much better, but they just seemed to kinda wing it this year. The sticker one and the card board cut out were the only two that actually showed some preparation. Everyone else had to try it 20 times to get it or they just kinda looked like they pulled something out of their ass. I hope next year's is better, did anyone catch which city it will be in next year?

beecue
02-18-2007, 02:05 AM
next year is new orleans .. i wonder if they will bring it to toronto anytime soon ... and the real dunkers should start competing again :guns: ... vince and kobe should have taken off their suits and joined :D

signature7
02-18-2007, 05:54 AM
what's that first comp they did (shooting stars) with the wnba,nba and old nba player, that honestly blew ass and they should change that shit, first off the clock messed everything up, and honestly that last shot is a joke... all the old guys messed up their teams at the three point line, i'd like to see who's going to pick up pippen for a 10 day tho...

and then the slow motion skills sucked, why were they dogging it so badly?

3 point im indifferent about, i would say i didn't like it because nobody i really liked was on, Raja got asked and turned it down, nash should've been on even though he wouldn't play anyways plus he wouldn't want to...i even would've like to see barbosa...

now the dunk contest...i'll give you the first dunk by green was sick, and those jerseys are tight as hell... dwight howard dunk was crazy good, i hear lebron can get a quarter on the top of the back board, wouldn't it be tight for him to put 50 cents up there for a 50 point dunk.. But his last dunk was lame..anyways the best part was the dunk contest but it's hard to be original...

omg i forgot to mention the embarassment "race" with chuck and the timeless wonder...it's good they raised it for charity but they were hyping up vegas so much i thought it'd be so much better..

i say get rid of the first 2 events and watch some one on one between superstars, or like 2 on 2 with fan voted team mates, wouldn't you like to see shaq vs kobe? or lebron vs kobe, how about battle of the point guards. cp vs steve nash..Amare vs howard? sick...

for the record i've seen way worst dunk contests...1997 when kobe wins, search youtube.com it's a good laugh

silver_gs-R
02-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by guessboi
the dunk contest is a bit weak this year. the best dunk is the sticker dunk. so creative! :D Dwright Howard is gonna be a force for years to come. He got the size, leap and skill. :thumbsup:

I completely agree, this contest just keeps getting shitier and shitier!!!

I mean dont get me wrong I cant even dunk so I'm not one to talk, but Gerald Green my god with how high he was jumping I was seriously expecting a three-sixty thru the legs.

Oh well.... maybe next year!!!

gerrycurl21
02-18-2007, 11:28 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iFv75Kno05I

honestly...why did he ever avoid it

mekeni
02-18-2007, 12:00 PM
the commentators are only making fun of everyone else in the competition.. sometimes it's totally uncalled for. :thumbsdow

ballah
02-18-2007, 01:39 PM
i m findin that the skills night (shooting stars, skills, dunk, 3 point contest) are getting really weak.... jus bring back the old school formats (like what they had in '95)... from what i see on tv, there is no crowd interaction... it was soo much better when the players dunked and and did the 3 point contest to their own music.... people were off their seats cheering... i thought the dunk contest was good, but the judges aren t doin a good job judgin (seems like they don t care and they act like they don t want to be there either).....

my two cents....

TeamBestBud
02-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Nate Robinson really kind of ruined it for me, when he had like 11 trys to make one dunk, and he took the crowd out of it.

[GaGe]
02-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
Nate Robinson really kind of ruined it for me, when he had like 11 trys to make one dunk, and he took the crowd out of it.

he had even more attempts last year lol
glad he didnt win agan
he shouldnt have won last year

urbannomad
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iFv75Kno05I

honestly...why did he ever avoid it

doesn't wanna get injured. :rofl:

how in the hell did dwight not make it to the final!

all the announcers were talking about selling the dunk!

dwight pops a sticker at THE TOP OF THE BACKBOARD! :eek:

and then jameer measures it :rofl:

beecue
02-18-2007, 10:20 PM
mmmm christina ... finally a decent half time show ... game was alright .. there was no defence but i dont care .. i watched the 1993 all star game earlier today and they were playing all out .. u can do that for the other 82 games :nut:

silver_gs-R
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
^^^agreed christina :drool:^^^ lol

game was prety decent, I wish they had broken the record for most points, but its like they didnt want to brake the old record, all they needed was a three-pointer, and I'm happy for Kobe (mvp)!!!

:thumbsup:

ballah
02-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

he had even more attempts last year lol
glad he didnt win agan
he shouldnt have won last year

dude, he s only 5 9. that s pretty good for a dude that shouldn t even be able to touch the mesh. lol. it s amazing that he did that off the back board 360.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Dwight should of advanced. I want to see the "kiss the rim" dunk.

and i dunno if u can get tooo planned out. the whole cardboard and the jersey and the taking off his shoes and wearing the pumps homage to dee brown dunk was a bit too much. Started looking a like a pageant lol

saiyajin
02-19-2007, 10:46 PM
this is why Lebron James NEEDS to be in a dunk competition

JjKpuiViu40

the damn guy did this during a pre-game warm up.. imagine what he can do in the dunk competition!!

this is a sick dunk :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[GaGe]
02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ballah

dude, he s only 5 9. that s pretty good for a dude that shouldn t even be able to touch the mesh. lol. it s amazing that he did that off the back board 360.

im not saying it wasnt impressive
im just saying he hsouldnt have won
because igodola was better and didn't need liek 15 attempts lol

RiCE-DaDDy
02-20-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin
this is why Lebron James NEEDS to be in a dunk competition

JjKpuiViu40

the damn guy did this during a pre-game warm up.. imagine what he can do in the dunk competition!!

this is a sick dunk :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

he needs to be in it BUT he will lose. he cant do anything except jump high. he doesnt have the body control like some other people. ever wonder why he hasnt been in one? its been like 4 years man

BigDannyCool
02-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

he needs to be in it BUT he will lose. he cant do anything except jump high. he doesnt have the body control like some other people. ever wonder why he hasnt been in one? its been like 4 years man

That's the only thing that Nate Robinson can do. Jump High.

bigboom
02-20-2007, 12:02 PM
lebron doesnt have the ability to do anycrazy twisitng dunks, he can fly at you and throw it down but thats all, he's no VC when it comes to dunking (as much as i hate VC)

the best part about all star weekend was seeing shaq, lebron and d12 have that danceoff, shaq can move well for a 330lb dude.

adidas
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
lebron doesnt have the ability to do anycrazy twisitng dunks, he can fly at you and throw it down but thats all, he's no VC when it comes to dunking (as much as i hate VC)

the best part about all star weekend was seeing shaq, lebron and d12 have that danceoff, shaq can move well for a 330lb dude.

Agree with you 110%

DepTrotter
02-20-2007, 05:36 PM
HK3-WdIYb1U

urbannomad
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
best part of all star weekend for me was

charles vs. dick bavetta

:rofl:

it was nonsense, but bloody hilarious.

props to kenny, charles and the white guy on the commentary. They are the best trio for sports broadcasting. :rofl:

aram1000
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
for me all star weekend was ok, not brutal but not great