PDA

View Full Version : tommy burger

landlubber
02-17-2007, 10:27 AM
we tried tommy burger last night, and give it a two thumbs up.
your plain jane burger with lettuce and tomato is 7.50, then you add cheese or bacon whatever, yes fries are extra, but when you add that to the price is it really any different than a cheese burger at moxies? also you get coleslaw, and a huge pickle spear. I had the burger with white chedder (cheese not that great), but the spices in the meat were very tasty. No comparison to fat burger. we were piggys and split a ceasar salad ($6), very yummy. the fries are shoe string, and hand sliced fresh not frozen, also tasty and come in a variety of flavors,hubby had a bbq seasonig salt on his. The patty itself was a sufficient size and i think the buns were home made, not store bought. free pop and coffee refills, for 2 burgerss, 2 fries, a large salad, pop and coffee, $34.45, not bad considering i couldn't eat it all, but left full and satisfied. very friendly staff, but not too pushy, met the manager too, very personable, just what the consumer wants.

Audio_Rookie
02-17-2007, 10:28 AM
damn, plane burger at 7.50

fat boyz is the place for a burger if you ask me :)

Fado
02-17-2007, 10:31 AM
750 at Burger bus for a 2inch thick burger, giant thing of fries and a drink!

heh, but ill have to give Tommy Burger a try.

Rudee
02-17-2007, 05:05 PM
There are already bets on how long before this restaurant goes out of business. I haven't ate there, but friends of mine who have say they have no desire on returning.

phat97yukon
02-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Tryed it the other day with the GF, food wasnt bad at all.
I hate coleslaw and i actualy ate it ,pretty damn good it tasted like a ceaser salad. But wholy crap when ya have a $50 bill just for 2 burgers 1 order of frys and 1 order of onion rings * with a killer chipolte ketchup * plus couple of drinks, i think that calls for goin somewhere a lil bit better for a meal than just a burger place and left still with a lil bit of a grumble in the tummy.
The turn around time was pretty quick tho for gettin your food, but had to wait forever for extra ketchup/drink refill... :dunno:
I would give it proboly 7 outta 10, but thoughts of goin there again i proboly wouldnt just on price for what you get.

I dont think they will be around for long i dont see calgary bein the place to have a market for a 15/20 doller meal for a burger,fry,and drink...
Save your cash go for a drive to longview to ian tyson's restraunt for a goood burger and a road trip for less...

De Dutch
03-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Goin to Tommy's this week, hope its fuckin tasty!

01RedDX
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Mibz
03-18-2007, 05:10 PM
MacLeod Tr and 95-97ish Ave S on the West side. Replaced the Arbys.