PDA

View Full Version : Wedding off...time to enjoy singlehood again

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Well not many people on here know me but some do. Was supposed to get married in june. Fiancee flipped out last night and I'm living with the folks again which isn't bad cuz Lake Chaparal is way nicer than Pineridge...

Going to college soon so I'm thinking I will enjoy being single I guess. Any good spots for us single folk??

googe
02-17-2007, 05:50 PM
3rd ave sw

KuruptEX
02-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by googe
3rd ave sw

aahahahaahahahahahahahahah:rofl: :rofl:

Sorath
02-17-2007, 05:55 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 05:57 PM
judging by the multiple replies of laughing im assuming thats some kind of a gay club or something stupid like that haha. thanks for the laugh though...but seriously any good pubs or anything im sorta new to calgary

Mr. Burns
02-17-2007, 05:58 PM
3rd ave is where you will find many prostitutes.

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 06:52 PM
ewww gross

turbotrip
02-17-2007, 06:59 PM
wow ur taking this rather well...

roopi
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
You must of really loved her. :rofl:

Loud-N-Clear
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
wow ur taking this rather well...
:werd: Did you like not like this girl anyway or something?:dunno:

frozenrice
02-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Dude, sorry to hear. Hope things work out for you in the end. BTW, is 3rd Ave still known for that? I figured they would have moved elsewhere with increased traffic from Eau Claire Market and Sheraton. I know back in the days before Eau Claire and Sheraton, I'd see them all the time when the wife and I would head to Chinatown for a late supper/snack.

Disoblige
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Dude, sorry to hear. Hope things work out for you in the end. BTW, is 3rd Ave still known for that? I figured they would have moved elsewhere with increased traffic from Eau Claire Market and Sheraton. I know back in the days before Eau Claire and Sheraton, I'd see them all the time when the wife and I would head to Chinatown for a late supper/snack.

LOL. I see them everywhere around chinatown these days :zzz:

But sorry to hear about your situation. I really loved living in the downtown core, it's so convienent and lively. I don't think $800 with full utilities is that bad!

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Wow, have a fight and you head home to Mom and Dad's for the time being. It can't be the end that quick? Give her some time to calm down (unless you wanted it this way) and shit will turn around....trust me.....I have spent the odd night out and it always smooths over in the end. As long as the problems are dealt with prior to getting back together, your good to go. Stay out of shit (you know what I mean) for at least a month, after a month and still she is pissed with you.....head down to the nearest pub, grab some suds, grab some friends and something is bound to turn up!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 08:51 PM
no i'm just trying to not let it get to me. she stopped taking her anti depressants a few months back and she's flipped out like this like 5 times. this time i was just like ok fine I'm going and thats it so she said it's over and that was it. As much as I'm making light of it, it still is extremely hard and I'm sooo pissed I think I may have allmost broke my hand punching a metal door.

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Not to be too nosy, but why the need for antidepressants? Is she hooked on those things? Situation sounds like it has many issues. Do what's best for you man! Gut feelings are always right and don't listen to the pecker brain!

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 09:02 PM
she has a chemical imbalance so she needs to be on them all the time she thought she didn't need them anymore and she also quit smoking for a while also which didn't help. But this time she crossed so many lines I was just like fuck I'm outta here.

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Everyone has their issues man. Take some time to yourself. Don't call her and when she calls you, call her back later. She sounds like she needs some time as well. It's a good thing you lived together before getting married!

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
yeah i dunno i think it's time for me to focus on myself for a while...we'll see what happens

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Good luck!
:thumbsup:

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out for the best. :thumbsup:

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 11:01 PM
i honnestly dont think random people can get such good support from random people other than from car people haha. seems to me people actually take people seriously and offer sound advice.

topher91
02-17-2007, 11:08 PM
WHOA.... sorry to hear buddy! :(

Same thing just happened to my buddy too. Best thing he's ever done. You just don't realize it yet.

Good luck!!

Chris

MrPid
02-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Antidepressants? Smoking? You must be dating my ex! :eek:

Seriously though, I don't know you or her but from the posts I would have to say somebody (preferably your best friend) needs to slap you good and hard if you even consider going back to her.

Consider yourself lucky for getting away (relatively) unscathed.

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
i honnestly dont think random people can get such good support from random people other than from car people haha. seems to me people actually take people seriously and offer sound advice.

Everyone has an opinion and some advice to give. When I broke up with my ex, everyone gave me advice, support and they even tried to hook me up with a new person. It gave me comfort knowing that I had support and some ideas but in the end, it was up to me which road to take. Like they say, love is blind and even when things are rough in a relationship, you always seem to see all the good instead. It takes an outsider who has seen the relationship from both sides to give the best advice! Do what you feel is right, after all we can only learn by making mistakes!
Were all here for you and wishing you the best!
(wow, did I actually write that?) Shit, I should be getting paid for this eh?

Good luck man!

Si_FlyGuy
02-17-2007, 11:22 PM
jHPOzQzk9Qo

Best of luck, and think of all the long term issues you've avoided.

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 11:29 PM
^^^

Good ol' Monty Python at it's best! Awesome find!

How true this is Gravy_83!

MrPid
02-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by im2fst4u

(wow, did I actually write that?) Shit, I should be getting paid for this eh?...

Yes, and spending the proceeds on some testosterone pills. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

im2fst4u
02-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by MrPid

Yes, and spending the proceeds on some testosterone pills. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ya ok.......I know it sounded kinda female like! Whatever and that was a great comeback! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hakkola
02-17-2007, 11:45 PM
You said you're going to college soon? It's probably for the best then, there's no way I'd get married before finishing school.

Sorry to hear about the situation though.

Lex350
02-18-2007, 12:44 AM
she has a chemical imbalance so she needs to be on them all the time she thought she didn't need them anymore and she also quit smoking for a while also which didn't help. But this time she crossed so many lines I was just like fuck I'm outta here.

better to get out now than waste a few years when you alrteady know that there is something wrong with her. Those things rarely get better.

Gravy_83
02-18-2007, 02:20 AM
hahah some good laughs and good advice on here...but yeah my friends just brought me out for a drink and a j so im feeling a bit happier right now.

3G
02-18-2007, 03:40 AM
wats with girls and anti-depressants and smoking? my ex was on them and smoked and igot rid of her and never looked back

googe
02-18-2007, 04:34 AM
haha yeah i dont think the issue is that he doesnt give a shit, to me he sounds like hes just been strung out as far as he can go and theres only so much you can do before you gotta say screw it and go along for the ride ;)

sorry to hear, but youve got the right approach for sure.

as for where to hang out, id recommend a trip to vegas to kick things off :thumbsup;

and yeah, corner of 1st and 3rd, theyre still there. i think there is getting to be more actually :rofl:

Whitetiger
02-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Sorry to hear that dude... yea, 3rd is were the hoes go. I think that new tow the john's car law is working though. :dunno: More and more girls are E-hookers now anyways.

Commanderwiggin
02-18-2007, 07:55 AM
E-hookers... O RLY?

old&slow
02-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Your both better off from what I read here!

frozenrice
02-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
:dunno: More and more girls are E-hookers now anyways.

you mean ludegirl?

silver_gs-R
02-18-2007, 10:54 AM
ur taking this really well man... maybe you didnt love her as much as you thougth u did.

good luck n enjoy being single man.

Gravy_83
02-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I thought I was taking it well and she called like 10 minutes ago to see when i was getting the rest of my stuff and well now I'm like a wreck all over again and to the guy who said i was strung out to my limits and just having to go for the ride. (holy shit hitting the nail on the head with that one haha) The way I see it I can't really help what happened, so I gotta deal with it. I suppose college will be fun and I will have a way better job after but it's like I have no motivation anymore. Loosing a girlfriend is one thing but when you have half the wedding shit ready and she tells you to get the fuck out for no reason it's kinda hard to deal

Gravy_83
02-18-2007, 11:37 AM
haha yeah i dont think the issue is that he doesnt give a shit, to me he sounds like hes just been strung out as far as he can go and theres only so much you can do before you gotta say screw it and go along for the ride ;)

sorry to hear, but youve got the right approach for sure.

as for where to hang out, id recommend a trip to vegas to kick things off :thumbsup;

Well I've been to Vegas 5 times in the last 3 years and I really don't have the cash to do it right now haha. But yeah you nailed it on the head with the strung out to my max here. I was allready strung out to my max from everything going on in my life before this happened and then this went on top.

MrPid
02-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I thought I was taking it well and she called like 10 minutes ago to see when i was getting the rest of my stuff and well now I'm like a wreck all over again and to the guy who said i was strung out to my limits and just having to go for the ride. (holy shit hitting the nail on the head with that one haha) The way I see it I can't really help what happened, so I gotta deal with it. I suppose college will be fun and I will have a way better job after but it's like I have no motivation anymore. Loosing a girlfriend is one thing but when you have half the wedding shit ready and she tells you to get the fuck out for no reason it's kinda hard to deal

Draw your motivation from the long term and stay focused on it - better job, better lifestyle, better relationships with mentally stable partner. In the short term, College can be a blast.

Forget about wedding shit - that's all it is and in the scheme of things it doesn't mean fuck all. Some day you will come to think that she unitentionally did you a huge favor by telling you to get the fuck out.

Do yourself a favor and don't drag it out. Get your shit out and cease contact with her - get a nice clean break.

Lo)2enz0
02-18-2007, 02:26 PM

omg i know exactly what you went through. my mom has the same problem and sometimes it can get really bad

to be honest, unless you know someone like this don't give advice about people like this. at some points you can be having the perfect conversation with them and than if you say the littlest thing that bothers them (which is close to nothing) run for your life. i am suprised my mom can still speak, when i was younger i would come home from a friends and i could hear her yelling 2 houses down... but no more examples...

really i don't blame you, its a hard life being with someone like that and really its so bad with me that i rarely ever had friends over, i was away from home as much as possiable.

so honestly, you made the right choice

Gravy_83
02-18-2007, 06:37 PM
well the choice wasn't mine she said get the fuck out....not much choice there eh haha

googe
02-18-2007, 06:39 PM
sounds like she did you a favor that you owed yourself

:thumbsdow to drama

imagine her flipping out like that for the next 30 years or so and you got nowhere to run ;)

CaseoftheEX
02-18-2007, 06:44 PM
if you are really on a budget and want a bang for your buck hooker, go to the strip in and around coyotes. But its high stakes there, so watch out for the pigs.

Palmiros
02-18-2007, 06:51 PM
How many times a week did she beat you up?

Gravy_83
02-18-2007, 06:55 PM
just the one time, i never hit a girl and I never will so I just let her wail at my face until she broke my glasses and then i said one more time and im calling the police she calmed down just long enough to tell me to get the fuck out

im2fst4u
02-18-2007, 07:20 PM
just the one time, i never hit a girl and I never will so I just let her wail at my face until she broke my glasses and then i said one more time and im calling the police she calmed down just long enough to tell me to get the fuck out

WHAT THE HELL??????

Dude stay away form that one for good.

TRUST ME ON THIS! She sounds like she has waaaaay too many issues for you to deal with. Go get your education and then start lookin around for a mate!

Milk2%
02-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

omg i know exactly what you went through. my mom has the same problem and sometimes it can get really bad

to be honest, unless you know someone like this don't give advice about people like this. at some points you can be having the perfect conversation with them and than if you say the littlest thing that bothers them (which is close to nothing) run for your life. i am suprised my mom can still speak, when i was younger i would come home from a friends and i could hear her yelling 2 houses down... but no more examples...

really i don't blame you, its a hard life being with someone like that and really its so bad with me that i rarely ever had friends over, i was away from home as much as possiable.

so honestly, you made the right choice

bearspaw :eek: dammn man, thats crazy distance between the houses.

ninjak84
02-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Yeah, I haven't hit a woman yet either...

.... But if Hillary Clinton herself broke my Dolce & Gabbana frames, I'd beat her to death!

ZorroAMG
02-18-2007, 08:05 PM

and yeah, corner of 1st and 3rd, theyre still there. i think there is getting to be more actually :rofl:

Yeah cause you moved away, giving them the ability to FINALLY replenish their supply.

Whore.

:D

googe
02-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yeah cause you moved away, giving them the ability to FINALLY replenish their supply.

Whore.

:D

East Hastings, look out :bigpimp:

Kona9
02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Everything happens for a reason Gravy! Everything!! It may be easy for me to tell you, that in no time you will have the ability to look back at all that has happened, and understand just how good you have it by not being a part of that life anymore.

Of course it is hard. It will be hard. Only you can make it easier. The only things you have to do to make your life easier and better, is take your friends advice, Do what is good for you, and stay focused on number 1!! YOU!

You have a mindset for college. Keep it. Girls will come and girls will go. That includes your life in school.

You have done what you could do, it didn' work. As hard as it is...move on bro. You are both better off with the new life.

Cheers and good luck Gravy.

From the 30 year old that was high on mushrooms in your sig!!

Gravy_83
02-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Everything happens for a reason Gravy! Everything!! It may be easy for me to tell you, that in no time you will have the ability to look back at all that has happened, and understand just how good you have it by not being a part of that life anymore.

Of course it is hard. It will be hard. Only you can make it easier. The only things you have to do to make your life easier and better, is take your friends advice, Do what is good for you, and stay focused on number 1!! YOU!

You have a mindset for college. Keep it. Girls will come and girls will go. That includes your life in school.

You have done what you could do, it didn' work. As hard as it is...move on bro. You are both better off with the new life.

Cheers and good luck Gravy.

From the 30 year old that was high on mushrooms in your sig!!

hahahah that was you....that was the greatest thread ever haha. I actually have some of those sitting in my room hahah. But yeah it'll slowly get better for sures

thrasher22
02-19-2007, 02:52 AM
People are way too sympathetic on here, get the hell out of there? Girl that nuts wouldn't last long in a marriage anyways, don't commit yourself to someone who can't handle themselves without pills. I dated a girl like this for years, and the only thing i regret was not getting out earlier, you're too you for that shit.

And she hit you? You should have hit her back? Whats sexual equality if she can hit you?

GTFO