PDA

View Full Version : Weird situation need answers please...

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 05:34 PM
So long story short my fiancee broke up with me and my car is sitting at our old place. Now I still owe money on the car and am in the process of paying it off but the car is not driveable.

I need to get it out of there and I can't bring it where I live now because my sister dosn't want a junker in her driveway.

It's a 1996 Honda Civic hatch. 14 inch rims with decent tires, Red in colour. An a newer engine with lower mileage than what was there before.

I know someone could use a parts car but I don't know what the process is to sell this. It's from NB no plates on it and still has a lean on it but I want to give this to somebody who could make use of it. What are my options. I mean for what I would want someone would get a crazy deal on a parts car for an ek

please any help would be apreciated

frozenrice
02-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Overall, what kind of shape is the car in? Why isn't it driveable?

Gravy_83
02-17-2007, 07:50 PM
no fenders, no bumper, and lower control arm on passenger side, needs cv joints and also no exhaust. plus because i still owe on the car I could only sell as parts

Gravy_83
02-19-2007, 02:34 AM
anyone?? like do I need to do anything with my registration or anything. DO i have to write up like a bill of sale stating it's sold for parts and with both signatures???

i mean for someone needing a parts car it's got a pretty decent mileage engine d16y7 with an si tranny so better gearing than the original tranny. had to replace throw out bearing but my friend had a spare si tranny he gave me so i had tranny replaced instead. any info would be great

Vietsta
02-19-2007, 02:39 AM
i believe if you sell it as parts then you don't need a bill of sale. not 100 precent sure tho

Dayclone
02-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Call a tow truck? with a flat deck and get it to your sisters I guess and sell it from there cause it's better to have it in your hands and at your property than... someone elses...

You could part it...

or find parts for it and paint them and put them on and sell the car as a whole.

Steve

Gravy_83
02-19-2007, 02:59 AM
I live in my sister's one million dollar home in a very nice area....She dosn't want my half apart civic in the driveway or anywhere's near the house. The place where it's at im allowed leaving it there for a little while.

2BLUE
02-19-2007, 03:12 AM
you can part out no bill of sale required inless you sell the shell. But pay youre lein off someone time before or after youre done selling all the parts.

Gravy_83
02-19-2007, 03:16 AM
well the lean is for more than I would sell for parts but im in the process of arranging payments with them as it's been an ongoing battle with them. i owe a little over 2000 for it but it's not worth it for me to get the car driveable anyways because i can't have 2 vehecules here anyways i only have room for one and i'm going to keep the van cuz it works perfect and save money for something rwd again probably try to get another fc. so this is why i just want the civic gone can help someone with a cheap parts car

Gravy_83
02-19-2007, 03:18 AM
plus the money from selling the car would be going towards the lean as well which should pay a nice shunk of it

Mauser
02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I would caution against parting out the car.

A lien is attached to the vehicle, not to you the owner of the vehicle. If you do not pay your debt, the car can be repossessed. They won’t be happy if there is only a carcass.

You should try to borrow the $2000 you owe, ask your sister? And pay off the lien first. Later part out or sell the vehicle complete – and use the money to pay back whomever you borrowed from.

Gravy_83
02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
they wont reposess the car i know for a fact because they wonèt get a car that dosnt work. i even asked them to come get the car before.

Kona9
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Mauser
I would caution against parting out the car.

A lien is attached to the vehicle, not to you the owner of the vehicle. If you do not pay your debt, the car can be repossessed. They won’t be happy if there is only a carcass.

You should try to borrow the $2000 you owe, ask your sister? And pay off the lien first. Later part out or sell the vehicle complete – and use the money to pay back whomever you borrowed from.

work on this idea. Borrow the money and get the biggest problem off your hands. Get all of your stuff away from the ex. Don't give her a lighter when the wick to a big issue is anywhere close to her reach.

TurboMedic
02-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
they wont reposess the car i know for a fact because they wonèt get a car that dosnt work. i even asked them to come get the car before.

Sounds like an unwise decision narrowly avoided.......I know you're in a tough situation, but you gotta get your shit together, so first things first, pay off that car! You don't want that dogging you for years (the repo on your file).....I'm sure your sister could lend you the money, I've done it for my sister before, its just the right thing to do....

Then, advertise it for free in the bargain finder...don't worry about putting it up here, you'll get lowballed to all hell and get nowhere....Try to sell it complete, its less hassle....Hopefully recoup some of that cost of paying it off, and otherwise take your lumps on the rest and consider it a lesson learned (don't know why there is still $2G's on a 12 yr old car though....not my business)

Otherwise good luck, tackle things one at a time...

Gravy_83
02-19-2007, 10:50 PM
cuz there was a bunch of issues with the loan at first and i stopped paying them for like a year and a half. And now everything is resolved so I'm paying them again. But yeah I think someone is buying it for what i want for it. Since I lowballed myself haha. I'm selling it for like about half of what I paid for my engine and tranny plus install. plus comes with the rims. guy wants to buy it and track it.