PDA

View Full Version : Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Lens

imola_dreams
02-17-2007, 10:38 PM
well i've been looking to buy a good wide angle lens, one that will not distort images, i've heard things about the 10-22 and such that aren't great. I was looking at this lens and from what I can read it is supposed to be all around great wide angle lens. I'd like to get some feedback though to see if it's worth the price tag. It will be used for wedding photography and some recent trips we have planned to tahiti and hawaii. I can get it for around $800 or so, which would be great I figure.

Melinda
02-18-2007, 01:39 AM
It's a great lens, I use it all the time. There is a little bit of distortion around the edges when you're hovering in the lower end of the spectrum, especially if you have people on the edges of the photos. So be aware that you need to leave some space around people within the frame. Other than that, it's a great lens, super clear and produces some great images! :thumbsup:

AccentAE86
02-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow, the 10-22 normally gets rave reviews. That and the EF-S 17-55 IS are known as L lenses in disguise. The 16-35 is not going to be very wide on a 1.6 crop sensored camera.