PDA

View Full Version : SCAM! Check this out

CCM Pro
02-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Ok so this was sent to my email (which was used on a resume they got through calgaryjobshop.ca). There is so many faults with this it's not even funny. First off, this "dr. Laura Clark" is a woman yet says she lives with her lovely daughter, two troublesome boys and the love of her life, her wife??? WTF?? Then she proceeds to tell me about this company and sends me a link, which I believe is written in Dutch...if anyone speaks Dutch or knows someone fluent in it, I would love to see if this website is BS or not.

Like I am really going to be their pay representative :nut: plus it says for the USA...last I checked this is Canada??

Anyone else seen this before? Here it is:

Hello,

How is your day?

My name is Laura Clark, I just read and reviewed your resume posted online on a job web site and i would be very interested in giving you a part-time paying job in which you could earn as much as $3000 in a month. This job would be based on contract and commission terms, it is a part-time job and it would involve quite a lot of trust and honesty. If you would be willing to include a good-paying, part time job to your daily list of activities, then you could kindly reply my email and I would be glad to give you more information.

I just took time to make this explanatory enough so you could understand what the job entails, before I go further I thought I'd inform you of both who you would be working for and what you would be doing. As I have previously already informed you, m y name is Laura Clark I am in charge of recruiting who will be working for me. I am 37 years of age, with 3 kids, a lovely girl and 2 troublesome boys, and the love of my life, my wife. I am a somewhat multitalented woman and I do quite a lot of traveling and get to meet quite a lot of people.

I work with the Department of Agricultural and Rural Development in the PLANT RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL Wagenigen UR (PRI). Our Company PRI specializes in strategic and applied research in plant genetics and reproduction, genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, bioinformatics, crop protection, crop ecology and agrosystems, serving both government and industry. I do freelance consulting for the institute which gives me very much time to do my own work which is basically being a freelance researcher who is on contract with the research institutes to do research projects anywhere in the world.

I reside in Wageningen, Netherlands and even though I have lived most of my life in other parts of the world, I am fully residing in the Netherlands.

In a couple of weeks time, I will begin a research project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding rare and vulnerable plant species and this would be commencing very soon. This is an innovation to the Flora of Benin which was done on November 7 2006.

I have just been granted a funding to head the project and I am looking forward commencing in the soonest possible time. We will be working on rear plants in which been very good remedies to traditional ailment down there in West Africa. We have reason to believe they are of much more importance and we are trying to find out their potential medicinal functions.

My funding's were by my American counterparts which sent me the bunch of payments mostly in US based money orders. Getting an accountant in the states or opening an account would have been my best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost me time and a whole lot of other requirements I am not ready to deal with as I would be traveling a lot in the meantime.

So presently, I am looking for an someone who can receive my funding's assuming you will be able to deal with cash. I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative/ book keeper back in the states as you will be keeping detailed records of what you receive from me; this way I could issue and make these money orders/ cashiers cheques out to you, you could cash them, withdraw 10% of the total amount on these money orders as your commission and then send the rest back to me through Western Union wire transfer when required by me. Bear it in mind that we would be dealing with quite a handful of cash and you will be making up to $3000 per month just working with me in a short period of time.

So basically, you would be working as my Bookkeeper/payment representative in the United States, I would be issuing out my funding's over to you which you would cash them, then transfer the cash over to me wherever I might be at that point in time as I would be traveling a lot. This job is totally risk free and on the up and up. You would enjoy the benefits of easy contact, and low hours, you would only be working for me only once you receive the money orders, since that'll be when you would cash them, and send the cash over through western union and you keep a commission base of 10%.

I want you to read the details of this job and then get back to me if you are interested and I will provide you with more information. If you are interested, please email me back on [email protected] so we could make concluding arrangements after which I will provide you details and information on when the job will commence.

Thank You
Dr Laura Clark
Plant Research International
http://www.pri.wur.nl
Droevendaalsesteeg 1
Location de Haaff (building 107)
6708 PB Wageningen The Netherlands

Anonymous Survey Hyperlink: <a href="http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/TakeSurvey?id=312732"> Click here to take the survey ... </a>

Respondent Tracking Survey Hyperlink: <a href="http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/TakeSurvey?id=312732&rd=2242905"> Click here to take the survey ... </a>

msommers
02-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Wow, there is not much else to say to this!

Disoblige
02-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Weak sauce attempt to scam.. :thumbsdow

Mixalot27
02-18-2007, 02:24 AM
Typical 419 scam. Check this site out:

http://www.419eater.com/

Lots of hilarious stories on there from ppl who bait these 419 scammers.

Whitetiger
02-18-2007, 02:45 AM
What does 419 mean?

Edit: Never mind, read the FAQ