PDA

View Full Version : Autolok

spiceboy
05-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know where to buy an Autolok -- The super beefed up version of The Club? It's a wheel lock that covers the entire top half of the wheel (so it can't be removed by sawing off the wheel) and the stick part rests on top of the dash board against the wind shield ...
I figure The Club is pretty useless to deter any theft since it takes no time to saw a wheel open. :thumbsdow

ramminghard
05-27-2003, 10:28 AM
If someone wants your car they will get it. None of these things work for sure.

Initial-D-Nerd
05-27-2003, 01:10 PM
how about those detatchable steering wheels? i dont think they will go very far with out a steering wheel.

G
05-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Initial-D-Nerd
how about those detatchable steering wheels? i dont think they will go very far with out a steering wheel.

Feasibility? Caring around a steering wheel every where you go doesn't cut it for me.

Roadrage
05-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by G

Feasibility? Caring around a steering wheel every where you go doesn't cut it for me.

If people with bikes can carry their helmets around...u can carry your steering wheel around. Only problem is you'll get funny looks. Perhaps you can start a new trend.

sin
05-27-2003, 02:14 PM
no the steering wheel locks just put an adapter behind the wheel, then it just snaps off and you need the key to put it back on, so you couyld just leave it on the seat...

szw
05-27-2003, 03:12 PM
get some straps and strap the steering wheel to your back. I think it would be pretty cool..haha

Or make it into some kinda hat.

spiceboy
05-27-2003, 04:22 PM
Ok ... I know any kind of theft deterrant device is "useless" if the thief is determined to steal a car. But my car has been broken into twice, and vandalised another two times, and I just want to put something THERE to further deter the thieves. It would be WORSE if I get The Club because that's just asking for them to saw off my wheel. But if I can get something like the Autolok, at least it's visible and it's much much harder to be removed than The Club, and hopefully that will save my car some trouble, and me some money.

So anyone knows where to get one?

lammer
05-28-2003, 11:56 AM
try Canadian Tire? Wal-Mart? Zellers?
maybe that TV Showcase store.

Im sure those department stores may have them.