now availible with 5.7L v-8
381 hp and 401 tq
1/4 Mile in 14.6!!!!!!!!!!
hydrolic tailgate
standerd 18' wheels

anyways come check it out!!

toyboy88
02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
The ad is like seared into my mind, from seeing it during all the flames hockey games :cry: :dunno:

CelicaST-162
02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Drove a double cab 5.7L V8 today, holy shit is it fast! :thumbsup:

LittleAngel
02-19-2007, 08:02 PM
canyon creek got 2 in tonight.

kaput
02-19-2007, 08:03 PM

TeamBestBud
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Im guessin Canyon Creek...

How do these launch events usually work? Ive never been to one.

LittleAngel
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
ya, there is 2 new tundras there now, they got dropped off this afternoon. they are the base ones i think tho, the bigger ones are yet to come. todd can verify that for me tho

T-Dubbs
02-20-2007, 11:42 AM
they are both double cabs with the 5.7 L v-8 and both have TRD off road packages

teggypimp95
02-20-2007, 11:56 AM
picS?

QuasarCav
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs
The New Tundra launches tomorrow

now availible with 5.7L v-8
381 hp and 401 tq
1/4 Mile in 14.6!!!!!!!!!!
hydrolic tailgate
standerd 18' wheels

anyways come check it out!!

available, hydraulic, standard, 18" wheels.

crazedmodder
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

available, hydraulic, standard, 18" wheels.

:rofl:

Anyways, pics:
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/09/chicago-auto-show-toyota-goes-big-with-new-tundra/
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2006_chicago/0603_toyota_tundra/

Review/First Drive:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0701_2007_toyota_tundra

Normally I don't give a damn about prettied up trucks, because well... they're made for work and stuff but shittttt this is nice. Love the two tone interior and the look of the exterior, just... why are the stereo/climate so far away from the driver? Whatever, it's freaking nice. :hitit:

hjr
02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
[GM / Ford / Chrysler]were chasing the last Camry without thinking about how much better the new Camry would be.

Toyota does the same thing.The second-generation Tundra is finally in the hunt, just as the new Saturn Aura is a credible competitor for the new Camry.

Is it as good, or better, than the class-leading Chevy Silverado? An early drive, without the chance to compare them side-by-side indicates that Toyota has been chasing the last Silverado (and the current Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram, which each have less than two more years of shelf-life).

so its a decent competitor, but is still not quite in the same league (as an aura isnt quite in the same league as a camry)

dino_martini
02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Sorry, but the GMT900 series trucks have nicer interiors and exteriors. I'll gladly sacrifice a little power for a nice exterior and interior.

The Vortec Max Crew Cab Silverado is $49,000 with no options. The Votec Max Crew Cab Sierra is $44,000 with no options. The Toyota Tundra Crewmax is $51,000 with no options. Thats like $7,000 if you buy the Sierra.

Aleks
02-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I have to agree the GM trucks look nicer inside. Tundra interior is too busy, too many things going on and too many colors.

If I were in the market for a truck I'd buy the GM over this.

Pete92SL
02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I have to agree the GM trucks look nicer inside. Tundra interior is too busy, too many things going on and too many colors.

If I were in the market for a truck I'd buy the GM over this.
I agree with you about the GM. Plus you know what to expect for problems. ie, you can expect to replace the intake manifold gasket and the blower motor and the block heater and so on..

With the Toyota it's like playing the slots. You could do well, you might not.

Pete

Graham_A_M
02-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll be picking up a new Sierra/silverado soon. I'll bet Toyota did a good job on this, but those new GMT900 series trucks are incredibly well designed and built. The old(er) Silverado's with those slanted headlights are just butt-ugly, I've been waiting some time for them to redesign the whole truck so I can pick one up.
Those Titans aren't too shabby either I hear
I can't wait to see the 2008 Ford line up, for the F250's and bigger. the few spy shots I've seen look great.:D

dino_martini
02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
I can't wait to see the 2008 Ford line up, for the F250's and bigger. the few spy shots I've seen look great.:D

If it looks anything like the F-450, they are going to look good. Woodbridge Ford had two F-450 sitting out on their lot a while back and they look pretty good.

kaput
02-22-2007, 10:01 PM

8Ball
02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
i went to toyota thinking i was going to do a test drive.

never even bothered.

the exterior is much nicer in the pictures

the interior was terrible. The part that sticks out in my mind is the gauge bezels. Look like AND FEEL like they were just spray bombed in my backyard.

:thumbsdow

CalgarySupra
02-24-2007, 07:40 PM
nah, i would buy the tundra over any american truck, their interiors always seem fleemsly, electrical problems just after a few years, actually all amemrican cars seem that way .

this truck is sure pissing off the alberta red necks.

dino_martini
02-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
nah, i would buy the tundra over any american truck, their interiors always seem fleemsly, electrical problems just after a few years, actually all amemrican cars seem that way .

Time will tell with the new GMT900 trucks. Call me crazy but I dont think there will be any major problems...

The Cosworth
02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/02images/tonka1.jpg

saw a new f-350 in real life at the lot of the Ford dealer near Mewata armory today, jesus they are ugly, this shot makes it look ok, but the headlights are actually quite a bit lower than this in real life.

I agree on the new Chevy/GM trucks, the silverado's are nice, I do like the f-150 although they are a 4 year old design now.

Aleks
02-24-2007, 07:48 PM

Domestics will still dominate the truck market. Every time I go to the field I don't see ANY import trucks out there LOL

iceburns288
02-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Time will tell with the new GMT900 trucks. Call me crazy but I dont think there will be any major problems...
No way. GM knows how to build their trucks. They just can't manage anything else ;).

CalgarySupra
02-24-2007, 11:06 PM

ok lets assume the gmt turns out way less serious problems then others , i think with american cars its a hit in miss, in turns of relablity. and qaulity varies between exteremly poor and somewhat acceptable.

bu generally you never hear of a toyota, being having cars or trucks with serious problems, or quality issues.

hjr
02-26-2007, 05:05 PM

bu generally you never hear of a toyota, being having cars or trucks with serious problems, or quality issues.
But this toyota IS and american vehicle. all the design and production - american. this truck was built by americans for americans.

dino_martini
02-26-2007, 06:03 PM

Failed ball joints arent serious?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/01/toyota_ball_joints.html

I'd rather find out my GM car is a lemon (which my 96 Buick isnt) right away and have a lemon buy back then buy a Toyota, wait six months and find out my ball joints have failed.

benyl
02-26-2007, 08:20 PM

ok lets assume the gmt turns out way less serious problems then others , i think with american cars its a hit in miss, in turns of relablity. and qaulity varies between exteremly poor and somewhat acceptable.

This guy is one of the most biased people on this forum. Toyota's shit don't stink in his opinion.

I like the new GM trucks. Looked at both the Toyota and the GM... :thumbsdow for the Toyota. :thumbsup: for GM... and I don't even like domestics.

HRD2PLZ
02-26-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll admit, I am a Toyota fan-boy, but I haven't seen the Tundra yet. I have a friend who just picked up his 07' GM and its pretty nice. I was really surprised how far GM has come since our 00' Suburban...

If I had to buy a domestic truck, It would have to be the new GM :thumbsup:

8Ball
02-26-2007, 10:47 PM

I'd rather find out my GM car is a lemon (which my 96 Buick isnt) right away and have a lemon buy back then buy a Toyota, wait six months and find out my ball joints have failed.

wow! you know what happens when a ball joint fails? not good.

NickGT
02-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry, but the GMT900 series trucks have nicer interiors and exteriors. I'll gladly sacrifice a little power for a nice exterior and interior.

The Vortec Max Crew Cab Silverado is $49,000 with no options. The Votec Max Crew Cab Sierra is $44,000 with no options. The Toyota Tundra Crewmax is $51,000 with no options. Thats like $7,000 if you buy the Sierra.

The difference is in the Toyota "reliability" tax. You just don't see it listed on the window sticker. But trust me its there. :rofl:

+1 for the Sierra. We've got 3 - 3/4 ton Sierras in our small business. They are used and abused. Payloads maxed out just about every day. We drive them both on an offroad and have had absolutely no problems with any of them.

We depend on our trucks to make a living and every day they prove their worth over and over again.

If I was in need of a truck I'd go GM just based on the way our work trucks have performed. Very dependable.

dino_martini
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

The difference is in the Toyota "reliability" tax. You just don't see it listed on the window sticker. But trust me its there. :rofl:

Do you mean that the $7,000 differance between the GMC and the Toyota is the price you pay for quality?

NickGT
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM

Do you mean that the $7,000 differance between the GMC and the Toyota is the price you pay for quality?

Yah but I meant it as a jab at the import fanboys who think paying a premium to drive a toyota instantly means your vehicle is rock solid and everything else is low quality.

Which anyone with common sense knows simply isn't true.

Hoey
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
In regards to the failed ball-joints, Im not stupid and I know that a failed ball-joint is a big issue...But dont be stupid and naive by thinking that you found....oh...1 outstanding problem with a certain type of toyota truck?

EVERY CAR COMPANY HAS ITS FAULTS..The difference is, how many.....

GM makes much worse quality vehicles as a whole than Toyota does. Domestic quality was amazing back in the day....but who gives a shit, we want our quality in the new vehicles; and thats something that most domestic companies do not have.

The new Tundra is a cool truck, I like it....Im not 100% sure if i'd take one over a Ford but definately over a Chev. I wont make an opinion on the dodge gas trucks because I dont know enough about them.

Mr_ET
02-27-2007, 12:16 PM
let me predict something.

this truck will play a big part in making Toyota number 1 in the US.

CalgarySupra
02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
my cousin has a few gmc trucks, both 2500, 2001, yes they have a little good power, they do the job, move stuff or tow stuff to point a to point b

but he doesnt like the deprecation, thats, the flimsly interior, with cheap plastics, he doesnt like every part in it, its all cheap. the way the doors open, the look and quality of all the parts, and the design,

then you get he fords, i swear 90% of ford trucks and suvs, i seen have their steering wheel off by almost a quarter, i dont care what anyone says, i hit my 4runner into every single sidewalk, curb, you name it my aligment is still 0-0 perfect

and many toyota truck owners will say the same.

the other day me and my friend noticed a guy with a newer gmc truck just totally boucning, shocks already gone?

and a good family friend works at the gm dealership downtown, i think its called stampede, hes always replacing alternators, master cylnders, and the weirdest parts in in all new gm vehicles.

yes the new gm truck maybe a hit, bit what would be so good about a company that made 1 actual good truck in 50 years?

yes i know i am going to be flamed, but these are facts that consumers go through.

CalgarySupra
02-27-2007, 12:37 PM

yes do that was the first recall i heard of that was just last year.

i tried to google recalls for gm, which i would say is fair they sell just a slightly more vehicles, and there were way too many for to copy and paste,

then i tried ford and chrysler, same thing.

but i did find people dont like hte echo. seems to small and basic, but then again its only like 14k new.

redline
02-27-2007, 01:11 PM

the Toyata CrewMax Limited is 51,000 with the only option it does not have DVD,nav, and back up camera?????

Graham_A_M
02-28-2007, 06:46 PM

but he doesnt like the deprecation, thats, the flimsly interior, with cheap plastics, he doesnt like every part in it, its all cheap. the way the doors open, the look and quality of all the parts, and the design,

then you get he fords, i swear 90% of ford trucks and suvs, i seen have their steering wheel off by almost a quarter, i dont care what anyone says, i hit my 4runner into every single sidewalk, curb, you name it my aligment is still 0-0 perfect

and many toyota truck owners will say the same.

the other day me and my friend noticed a guy with a newer gmc truck just totally boucning, shocks already gone?

-To sumerize a few things you've said.
-I've never (ever) hit a curb and threw off the alignment of any GM/Ford truck I've ever driven.. so I think its safe to say that its a difficult task with anything
- As far as the flimsy interior is concerned, I'd say the older trucks are a thing of the past, none of the Ford trucks I've seen have Flimsy interiors. I know a lot of the Pre GMT-900 series are however..

-About that "NEWER" GMC with bouncing suspension, Try bringing your newer Toyota up to the oil patch, and try some rig roads, its honest to God not hard to utterly destroy your suspension in less then a day.... same as with any truck from any manufacturer. I HONESTLY can't say that a Toyota can or can't take the abuse, since there are none up here, only the soccer-moms/in-city workers use them.... I've seen a few Titans on the rig roads, two exactly, so my hats off to Nissan:thumbsup:

There are more then a few Calgarians with jacked up trucks of whom have yet to take their truck off anything rougher then an alley-way... then I've seen little 2wd ranger's in (wheel-well deep) mud. Its truely impossible to judge what that one truck has been through. All I can say is... (this much I know) NEVER buy a former oil patch work truck... The one I bought for my dad ('97 F-250) has seen its better days....:nut: but at 800,000km's (everything original) I can't complain.