PDA

View Full Version : need help getting car saftied

rouxel
02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
im trying to bring a car down from the sates and i want to make sure it gets saftied with in the time limit. does anyoine no a guy that can saftey this car for me with no questions asked. im pretty sure it will pass but i want to make sure. the guy says the only think wrong with it is the knob that turns the head lights on wont turn the parking lights on for some reason. its on a aftermarket switch right now. hes trying to get it fixed for me but dont no if he will have time. i really want the car because its pretty much my dream car. thanks for the help.

Travis

Sharpie
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Pretty much any canadian tire should pass it..

adam c
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
any place will do a safety with no questions asked. but being from the states you will need an OOP as well where only select places do those..

not sure why any mechanic would ask why u want a safety.. its common sense

Originally posted by Sharpie
Pretty much any canadian tire should pass it..

i would stay away from canadian tire if possible.. with my old teg they failed it with a crap load of problem including not being able to see out of my mirrors properly. (fucking idiots, they were power all u had to do was adjust them - and they also stated that the stock car was modified for speed)
needless to say i took to a different mechanic and they passed it no problem, except i needed new tires

rouxel
02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
i meant to say does anyone know someone that will pass it for me.

adam c
02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rouxel
i meant to say does anyone know someone that will pass it for me.

no.. and it shouldnt be passed. ive almost hit a couple cars because they didnt have rear lights on at night and ive seen a few people almost slam into the back of a car because they didnt have rear lights on..

510-Trevor
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Go to www.riv.ca

You have to take it to Canadian Tire for the RIV inspection within 45 days of entering the country. Anyone can make the required repairs or modifications prior to the RIV inspection.

You've got to pay to play.

hjr
02-20-2007, 09:21 AM
if the car is in good shape, then you should have no problem getting it passed. if its a bit of a pile, the out of province will eat you alive. it doesnt matter if the car is cheap OR your dream car. unfortunately, if its not in good shape to import, its not in good shape to import.

TeamBestBud
02-20-2007, 09:22 AM
lol @ saftey and saftied.

Tik-Tok
02-20-2007, 09:46 AM
As long as the lights do come on (with a different switch or not) it should pass safety

rouxel
02-20-2007, 09:47 AM
the tail lights work!!!

itson a defferant switch tho. its not on the stock swich and thats the only thiing wrong.

alloroc
02-20-2007, 11:04 AM
si oor edjucashun reellee thus baaad new?

hjr
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
importing a vehicle is more than just a safety. the out of province that any vehicle new to the province has to pass is not as simple as a safety test. its much more involved