PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion needed

FreakinPrince
02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey guys...well i am in the need to get myself back in shape...so really at the moment i am in the need to lose those inches and shred off some those pounds....

so really wondering if people can give me suggestions towards the meal i should be eating mon- fri (strict as possible if nessercery (sp?)) if possible and some suggesting on those good cardio workout. Also if any protien shake out there to help me lose those weight in the process if possible.

i have tried to do a search on the forum and lot of them are just about bulking up....i am only looking into loosing these extra fat weight and bulking up later

I also know that even in the process i could be gaining more weight only because my mucle mass will increase which therefore means i am not losing pounds. but hopefully inches to look slimer.

appericate all the help...and thanks!!!

Mixalot27
02-20-2007, 01:24 AM
There are many different diets and trains of thought in this area. The only weight loss diet I have personally done was from a book called "Body for Life" by Bill Phillips. This book is widely available at stores and libraries. I've seen it at Superstore for around $20. I think its a good simple diet/workout routine for someone who doesn't know a lot. I lost 18 pounds in 2 and 1/2 months without much trouble. The basic concept is too eat 6 meals a day. Each meal contains an equal amount of lean protein and carbs (about the size of your clenched fist or palm of each). Also you can substitute a protein shake for a couple meals to make it easier. You try to eat very little fats (bad fats anyway) on this diet. Then for workout you do a full body weight routine 3x/week and 20 minute cardio sessions 3X/week. Also 1 day per week you can eat whatever you want (within reason) to help make it easier to stick with.

pinoyhero
02-20-2007, 07:01 AM
BFL is good but is a pretty major life change. If you can stick with it grea, its a great program but most will fizzle away from the large amount of activity required and major changes to diet. If you're like most and just want some tips right off the bat here you go:

Activity:
Spend at least 3 days a week on the weights, find a higher rep program and train intense, you dont have to be in the gym for hours a day.
Do cardio at least every second day for at least 20 mins, preferably more.

Eating:
Get up to drinking 3 litres of water evenly spaced over the day
Cut out as much sugar as possible
Cut down on carbs, and eat the more of them in the AM, try dinners with very little carbs
Eat smart, no junk
Eat 5-6 times per day