PDA

View Full Version : another theft up in the NW

boi-alien
05-27-2003, 01:47 PM
last night my buddy's car was broken into right in front of his house. the theives were very professional, disconnected the battery so the alarm didn't sound, they didn't scratch his interior at all, took his indash DVD. If anybody comes upon a clarion VRX925VD for sale let me know. fucking thieves :guns: :guns:

i guess at least his car wasn't stolen completely

04blackMAX
05-27-2003, 01:55 PM
man NW suks now, sure glad i moved....good luck finding the punk who did it

littledan
05-27-2003, 02:01 PM
did they break the glass or somehow unlock the door??

GDCivicSi
05-27-2003, 02:02 PM
where in the NW did this happen?

boi-alien
05-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi
where in the NW did this happen? sandstone/beddington area

boi-alien
05-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by littledan
did they break the glass or somehow unlock the door?? not sure, but his car is unscathed, not a mark on his car, you wouldn't know they were there until you looked at the deck

sin
05-27-2003, 02:15 PM
thats so shitty
check the pawnshops around that area and buy it back for cheap

Altezza
05-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
not sure, but his car is unscathed, not a mark on his car, you wouldn't know they were there until you looked at the deck

Unscathed, eh? I came up with a theory back in the day when people had mysteriously come back to their cars only to find everything gutted, or stolen out of it. However, not a single scratch, broken window, or tampered lock. Don't ask me how I thought of this (I was young... :dunno: )

Here's my threory:
Do you have an aftermarket alarm system with keyless entry?
Does it have the ability to learn codes from another remote?
Have you ever dropped off your car for maintenance or install?
Do you see where this is going? ....

It goes like this:
1. You drop off your car to get, say a deck, installed.
2. You hand your keys with the remote over to whomever at the shop.
3. Hooligan shop worker/installer sees that you have an aftermarket alarm system and trains the system to use his remote as well.
4. Hooligan writes down your plate and address from the bill (or gets it from the insurance/registration inside the car)
5. Hooligan visits your house, uses his remote to disarm and unlock your doors.
6. Hooligan is now laughing all the way home with your system and all the other goodies in your car.
7. You wake up in the morning, sit down in your car, only to find that you now only have 3 knobs and a steering wheel left.

littledan
05-27-2003, 03:47 PM
^^^

makes sense!... damn i'm gonna think twice before i hand my keys w/ remote over for service...

Khyron
05-27-2003, 03:56 PM
More likely - hooligan slips a kill switch into your system while installing.

Khyron

RiceCake
05-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Altezza

Unscathed, eh? I came up with a theory back in the day when people had mysteriously come back to their cars only to find everything gutted, or stolen out of it. However, not a single scratch, broken window, or tampered lock. Don't ask me how I thought of this (I was young... :dunno: )

Here's my threory:

It goes like this:
3. Hooligan shop worker/installer sees that you have an aftermarket alarm system and trains the system to use his remote as well.
4. Hooligan writes down your plate and address from the bill (or gets it from the insurance/registration inside the car)
6. Hooligan is now laughing all the way home with your system and all the other goodies in your car.
7. You wake up in the morning, sit down in your car, only to find that you now only have 3 knobs and a steering wheel left.

Shit like this makes me want to do everything myself... save a little cash and learn something while you're at it :)

Daddymax
05-27-2003, 10:59 PM
What kind of car was it? Was it an older civic or somethign?

monkeyja
05-27-2003, 11:53 PM
that's really bad....Is that adrain's brother's car? I think 1 or 2 days ago adrian called me but i missed his call.... I will call him ask....:(

Illusionsir
05-28-2003, 12:16 AM
they stole just the deck?? did they get the processor? if not, the unit is uselesss. the nice thing about the clarion policy is that if you cannot produce a valid warrenty or proof of purchise, they will not send you a new processor.

mwmhong
05-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Altezza

Here's my threory:

It goes like this:

You are correct. Paranoia eh? :D
Also, don't forget to take your house keys and garage door opener with you too. :devil:

pimpinb16z
05-28-2003, 09:05 PM
WE SHOULD FORM LIKE A CREW THAT GOES AROUND FUCKING UP PEOPLE TRYING TO BREAK INTO OTHER PEOPLES CARS, OR WE COULD FUCK EM UP, AFTER THEY BROKE INTO THE CAR AND TAKE THE SHIT?
WHAT AM I SAYING??? NO RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW RICE ROCKET DRIVERS. ANOTHER SIDE EFFECT OF HUNGER

EstoMax
05-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by pimpinb16z
WE SHOULD FORM LIKE A CREW THAT GOES AROUND FUCKING UP PEOPLE TRYING TO BREAK INTO OTHER PEOPLES CARS, OR WE COULD FUCK EM UP, AFTER THEY BROKE INTO THE CAR AND TAKE THE SHIT?
WHAT AM I SAYING??? NO RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW RICE ROCKET DRIVERS. ANOTHER SIDE EFFECT OF HUNGER

:nut: :dunno: :rolleyes:

CrAzY_PLaYa
05-28-2003, 10:07 PM

and im hearing that from a thief? yu wanna beat yurself up?

Redlyne_mr2
05-28-2003, 10:16 PM
WHAT AM I SAYING??? NO RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW RICE ROCKET DRIVERS. ANOTHER SIDE EFFECT OF HUNGER :confused:

mwmhong
05-28-2003, 10:20 PM
NO RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW RICE ROCKET DRIVERS. ANOTHER SIDE EFFECT OF HUNGER

We recommend Snickers, packed with peanuts, caramel and chocolate. :drool:
http://www.histar.com/mornings/starchive/2002/08/images/snickers.jpg

Don’t let hunger happen to you . . . grab a Snickers! :thumbsup:

http://www.sportfit.com/images/snickers.gif

Doomsday88
05-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Yeah the NW is getting pretty bad...I've had my 2 emblems jacked off my car, and 2 weeks ago...came home from Movie and found 9 of tuner bolts off my rims....now I've got my alarm sensitivity turned all the way up...Thank god for 2 way's.
But anyone in Beddinghood or Sandstone...look out...I've been hit 2x now...

van
05-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Glad I live in the ghetto hahaha

Kaos
05-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Doomsday88
Yeah the NW is getting pretty bad...I've had my 2 emblems jacked off my car, and 2 weeks ago...came home from Movie and found 9 of tuner bolts off my rims....now I've got my alarm sensitivity turned all the way up...Thank god for 2 way's.
But anyone in Beddinghood or Sandstone...look out...I've been hit 2x now...

Put it this way, If they hit it 2 times, they're still gonna steal it. Its a theifs mentality. If they want sumthing really badly, they're gonna get it!

itsnotaDUB
05-30-2003, 01:35 AM
the number one smartest thing i ever did when my sheit got jacked from my ride is invest in a baby moinitor, you know?, genaric from like toysrus. put the reciver in the consol or under the seat and leave the other part right beside your bed.. yah they came back but needless to say they never got anything i was out there like a flash, just an idea,
Caio

dj_honda
05-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
the number one smartest thing i ever did when my sheit got jacked from my ride is invest in a baby moinitor, you know?, genaric from like toysrus. put the reciver in the consol or under the seat and leave the other part right beside your bed.. yah they came back but needless to say they never got anything i was out there like a flash, just an idea,
Caio

thats a good idea man!

ryder_23
06-01-2003, 03:15 PM
You dont need remote done like that...i can break into any car cleanly and quickly...i dont do this, i only use it at school when people lock keys in car, i get them out within a couple minutes for 5$. Ive done it to everything. U just get in, pop hood, disable siren, if its a good alarm, it will have a backup, u just try and muffle the siren, while u search for the brain, pull out the brain, usually under dash somewhere, and ur good to go, ignition lock doesnt work or anything after that. Its all easier than everyone thinks.

04blackMAX
06-01-2003, 03:29 PM
awwwwwww gotta love the south, so peaceful here

jdmakkord
06-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR

Other than little hardcores killing each other over chicks

04blackMAX
06-01-2003, 04:59 PM
yeah thats fine, non of my bizz, my cars safer here then in the north, i park outside here everyday, forgot to lock my doors last night, and nothing taken or gone

Wildcat
06-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR

amen :D , long live shawnessy

The EquAzn
06-02-2003, 07:33 PM
I had 3 guys arrested on my driveway on Thursday, or atleast thats what my mom said. She said they were trying to steal my car, but my neighbours said they were running from cops, and it just happened to be in my driveway.

I could sleep through an earthquake

DonJuan
06-04-2003, 10:45 PM
When we were takin' the stereo out of my buddies crashed Stang, that amp was bolted down niceley, the subs as well, but when I was takin out the deck i was lookin for the screws that were holdin it in, I couldn't find any. I just gave the deck a little wiggle and just popped out!!!! WTF!! It isn't even that nice a deck! Good thing he wrote off the car before they came for it. Rember they ask for your adress and stuff when you buy that stuff too!!!