PDA

View Full Version : rant: service at ok tire cms

Accord_tunerx
02-20-2007, 05:17 PM
well i took in my legend for inspection i spent about hmm 100 buck roughly for inspection...came out to be not roadworthy...but they nailed me on a DRL and one BRAKE light that burnt...and tie rod and ball join just right side no biggie. but i remember how could those go..if i didnt drive to often?

then i went to silverhill acura to get it check out...well there a surprise it pass inspection...

i dont know what going on...is cms pulling my leg? and some guy said " i can get you a deal on parts, but they are not aftermarket." i was like what! are oem more expensive then aftermarket well who knows that my rant for the day

illeagle
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I was standing right there when the car was being inspected. I Know for sure those tie rods were shot.. not only could i see the play, i could hear it clunking as the tech wiggled the wheel... I wouldn't worry so much about CMS taking you for a ride, just silverhill passing unsafe cars.:thumbsdow

ninjak84
02-20-2007, 05:31 PM
LOL

You think Silverhill is a more honourable garage than Contemporary Motorsports?
Bullshit
I've been inside and out of both shops. I can probably still name every tech at both shops.
Who did your inspection at each shop? I'd love to compare those two people on an open forum.

Trusting Silverhill should be a punishable offense. Don't slander CMS over petty shit like this, or I'll bust out the VIN #'s of all the shady piece-of-shit Eastern cars on Silverhills lot. If I get started on Silverhill, my blood pressure will skyrocket.

[russel peters]Be a man.[/russel peters]
Repair the things which are broken on your car.

+++ For Contemporary Motorsports garage.

DoubleLP
02-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I was standing right there when the car was being inspected. I Know for sure those tie rods were shot.. not only could i see the play, i could hear it clunking as the tech wiggled the wheel... I wouldn't worry so much about CMS taking you for a ride, just silverhill passing unsafe cars.:thumbsdow

If I were this guy, I would head to one more garage and get it inspected and see what they say. With one shop passing it and the other not passing it, that would definitely raise some flags with me and I would want to get one more opinion.

And if I were you bro, I would take it to an independent garage, not one at the stealerships.

TeamBestBud
02-20-2007, 09:55 PM
CMS FTW man:thumbsup: . If they found something wrong, there must've been something wrong. Silverhill:thumbsdow a stealership thats selling shady cars? I wouldnt trust that inspection.

Whitetiger
02-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree it's a good thing CMS found something wrong, and don't forget, even finding problems with customer's cars; the customers knows they are not obligated to puchase the repair service from them. (so no point in lying about something's wrong)

5hift
02-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
LOL

You think Silverhill is a more honourable garage than Contemporary Motorsports?
Bullshit
I've been inside and out of both shops. I can probably still name every tech at both shops.
Who did your inspection at each shop? I'd love to compare those two people on an open forum.

Trusting Silverhill should be a punishable offense. Don't slander CMS over petty shit like this, or I'll bust out the VIN #'s of all the shady piece-of-shit Eastern cars on Silverhills lot. If I get started on Silverhill, my blood pressure will skyrocket.

[russel peters]Be a man.[/russel peters]
Repair the things which are broken on your car.

+++ For Contemporary Motorsports garage.

Haha I take it you dont like Silverhill? Care to elaborate in a few sentences so I never go there?

Moe Man
02-20-2007, 10:18 PM
i am not sure you tie rod end will hold to drive to another shop. i was right there too, end this thread.

your tie rod is f...ked up man believe it or dont.

dont try to bash a sponsor, or at least make sure they f...ked up.

:closed:

01RedDX
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM

TeamBestBud
02-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
i am not sure you tie rod end will hold to drive to another shop. i was right there too, end this thread.

your tie rod is f...ked up man believe it or dont.

dont try to bash a sponsor, or at least make sure they f...ked up.

Originally posted by TeamBestBud
CMS FTW man:thumbsup: . If they found something wrong, there must've been something wrong. Silverhill:thumbsdow a stealership thats selling shady cars? I wouldnt trust that inspection.

Accord_tunerx
02-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

well i didnt know silverhill passed it...but thanks for tell me you were there

Dope Dealer
02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
CMS has always been good to me... :thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
02-20-2007, 11:35 PM
LOL

I'm friends w/ Marilyn (Sheftel); care to elaborate on these shady cars.

Moe Man
02-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
CMS has always been good to me... :thumbsup:

ya i will still change your tire even if you come at 5:10 :thumbsup:

ninjak84
02-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
I'm friends w/ Marilyn (Sheftel); care to elaborate on these shady cars.

Certainly.
Silverhill Acura actively purchases cars intended for the used market from Eastern provinces. They enjoy the benefits of a far cheaper purchase price while completely ignoring the infamous damage brought on by driving conditions subjected to the vehicle. What really disgusts me, is that finding a salesman who is willing to admit that the car was bought OOP is like wrestling an elephant to the ground. Especially when the Carfax account in the next forum tells me otherwise. As if the rust on the strut towers and the "rust protectant" under paint didn't already raise a few red flags ..... Which leads me to the ethics of your technicians ; More specifically with how they find it satisfactory to comply with obviously skewed variations of safety. Funny.... I wasn't aware that under coat could be applied to the strut towers as well. Another obvious attempt to disguise the rust :rolleyes: I also feel the need to expresss my contempt at how Silverhill Acura will even comparatively price Eastern vehicles to further their profit. The original bargain price was not enough ; The real gouge begins when the vehicle is given the price tag of a full bred Alberta vehicle.

I've been on Silverhill's lot no less than 15 times in the last two and a half years, looking for cars for family and friends. Each time it's the car that brings us there, definitely nothing else. I would NEVER purchase my own personal vehicle from Silverhill Acura. Dishonesty has permanentaly swayed me, while the occasional honest product still lures my friends. Only 2 of my friends have finalized a sale there. ONLY because the history of the vehicle was satisfactory.

Enough elaboration for you? :rolleyes:

I have no idea who "Marilyn" is anyway :dunno: I hope she holds a position of importance, and that you let her read this if she does. I'm friends with Dave (Nortel) ; Would you care to elaborate on the described reputation of Silverhill?

Told you my blood pressure would shoot up!!

Accord_tunerx
02-21-2007, 01:46 AM
whoa calm down...:drama:

Accord_tunerx
02-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by DoubleLP

If I were this guy, I would head to one more garage and get it inspected and see what they say. With one shop passing it and the other not passing it, that would definitely raise some flags with me and I would want to get one more opinion.

And if I were you bro, I would take it to an independent garage, not one at the stealerships.

i am one more stop...just IN CASE silverhill and cms..independent garage...i will find a shop that just specialize in honda's and acura's just to find out...

and guess what it STILL RUNNING to two more SHOPS so my TIE rod aint F**ked like you said that it wouldnt be able to...thanks

one more thing i wasnt BASHING i was expressing my opinion...bashing be like F**k them they are bad i just saying how could it be if i didnt driev the my car for a while i just started...?
but this thread is getting out of head

mods close this

2EFNFAST
02-21-2007, 03:48 AM

Certainly.
Silverhill Acura actively purchases cars intended for the used market from Eastern provinces. They enjoy the benefits of a far cheaper purchase price while completely ignoring the infamous damage brought on by driving conditions subjected to the vehicle. What really disgusts me, is that finding a salesman who is willing to admit that the car was bought OOP is like wrestling an elephant to the ground. Especially when the Carfax account in the next forum tells me otherwise. As if the rust on the strut towers and the "rust protectant" under paint didn't already raise a few red flags ..... Which leads me to the ethics of your technicians ; More specifically with how they find it satisfactory to comply with obviously skewed variations of safety. Funny.... I wasn't aware that under coat could be applied to the strut towers as well. Another obvious attempt to disguise the rust :rolleyes: I also feel the need to expresss my contempt at how Silverhill Acura will even comparatively price Eastern vehicles to further their profit. The original bargain price was not enough ; The real gouge begins when the vehicle is given the price tag of a full bred Alberta vehicle.

I've been on Silverhill's lot no less than 15 times in the last two and a half years, looking for cars for family and friends. Each time it's the car that brings us there, definitely nothing else. I would NEVER purchase my own personal vehicle from Silverhill Acura. Dishonesty has permanentaly swayed me, while the occasional honest product still lures my friends. Only 2 of my friends have finalized a sale there. ONLY because the history of the vehicle was satisfactory.

WEll, I do find it and interesting read non-the-less. I'm not really that big a fan either, mainly because of the really :nut: prices at times (e.g., 50k for a 199X NSX w/ 100k kms)

I have no idea who "Marilyn" is anyway :dunno: I hope she holds a position of importance, and that you let her read this if she does.

She owns Silverhill.

403Gemini
02-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Accord_Tunerx, please learn how to type in coherant, complete sentences before busting out a rant.

Not only will it alleviate tons of us from headaches trying to decifer your childish rambling, but makes your story seem a bit more plausible.

Now onto CMS, they're one of the few shops around town I would only trust to touch/work on my car.

So go get your car approved at silverhill and we'll see you in the ditch in a month :thumbsup:

SiR_lyfe
02-21-2007, 10:29 AM
ive actually never had a problem with CMS, they've been pretty good. sorry to hear that

Kona9
02-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Accord_Tunerx, please learn how to type in coherant, complete sentences before busting out a rant.

Not only will it alleviate tons of us from headaches trying to decifer your childish rambling, but makes your story seem a bit more plausible.

Now onto CMS, they're one of the few shops around town I would only trust to touch/work on my car.

So go get your car approved at silverhill and we'll see you in the ditch in a month :thumbsup:

I'm glad you wish a ditch upon him Wayne. It's a tie rod, what if that ditch ends up being the front of my Truck! I don't like the taste of Airbag! :D

I have been to Silverhill a couple times myself. Not once did I have even a satisfactory visit. :thumbsdow

Accord_tunerx, I REALLY don't think any of the CMS guys are stretching the truth in what they say. Their statements seem to come in way of concern for you and your car. You don't necessarily need a Honda Specific shop to prove either of the two shops wrong or right. Get a third opinion for yours and every one else on the roads safety.

tentacles
02-21-2007, 11:46 AM
While all the CMS guys are watching this spot, I guess I should mention this. I'm the guy with the Mercedes who came in a few weeks ago. Sorry if I came off like an asshole, I wasn't trying to cause any problems, just a little frustrated with other things. I felt bad about it afterwards.

I'm quite impressed with the work you guys do and will recommend you to anyone. Thanks! :thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
does CMS do everything that silverhill would do for maintenance and for a lower price? hehe :D i've also never been comfortable leaving my car at silverhill as everytime i get it back, i have a feeling that my car has been bagged for the fun of it. maybe i'll switch over to CMS for the maintenance of my car.

TEAMFaint
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
And to answer your other question, yes OEM parts are more expensive than aftermarket for the most part.

Sharpie
02-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok so you spent $100 on one inspection then what another $90? So your at $190, now you want to go to a third shop spend another who knows how much when you could of had your car fixed already. Stop wasting your money getting it inspected. It already passed you should be happy.

Kona9
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Stop wasting your money getting it inspected. It already passed you should be happy.

It has been clearly noted by a few members that it is not safe.

Pretty risky don't you think?

:dunno:

Sharpie
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

It has been clearly noted by a few members that it is not safe.

Pretty risky don't you think?

:dunno:
What I meant was for him to stop wasting his money getting it inspected to rather spend it to get it fixed.

shadowz
02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
I would be happy to hear someone bringing it to my attention that something was wrong with my vehicle, instead of risking my life driving un road worthy car, and I have heard nothing but good things about CMS techs. :thumbsup:

MintRacer
02-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Certainly.

I have no idea who "Marilyn" is anyway :dunno: I hope she holds a position of importance, and that you let her read this if she does. I'm friends with Dave (Nortel) ; Would you care to elaborate on the described reputation of Silverhill?

Told you my blood pressure would shoot up!!

+1 silverhill:thumbsdow

Envitro
02-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that Marilyin is the owner of Silverhill... and Northill...

dooman24
02-21-2007, 06:23 PM
haha tie rods?? why get another inspection! check it yourself!! just grab it and pull it up and down.. if there's any end play it's no good.. and check for torn boots.. haha

Moe Man
02-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by dooman24
haha tie rods?? why get another inspection! check it yourself!! just grab it and pull it up and down.. if there's any end play it's no good.. and check for torn boots.. haha

you actually have to pull side to side.

:rofl:

and buddy with the benz, dont know what benz you are talking about? we are like a benz dealership, you need to specify witch benz :thumbsup:

tentacles
02-22-2007, 12:54 AM
and buddy with the benz, dont know what benz you are talking about? we are like a benz dealership, you need to specify witch benz

The JDM one with the missing turn signal cover. Maybe it's a good thing you don't remember. :rofl:

Moe Man
02-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by tentacles

The JDM one with the missing turn signal cover. Maybe it's a good thing you don't remember. :rofl:

the sl 55 ?

tentacles
02-22-2007, 12:59 AM
500SL. I WISH I had a SL55. SL55 is worth about 10x as much as my car. :)

Moe Man
02-22-2007, 01:01 AM
500SL. I WISH I had a SL55. SL55 is worth about 10x as much as my car. :)

the white two door, that is still in our shop. or wait did you pick it up today?

tentacles
02-22-2007, 01:03 AM
No no, this was 2 or 3 weeks ago.

As long as I'm not on the blacklist or anything, I have to get new tires eventually!

Moe Man
02-22-2007, 01:06 AM
No no, this was 2 or 3 weeks ago.

As long as I'm not on the blacklist or anything, I have to get new tires eventually!

ya sorry man dont remember, we get many JDM benz's in our shop it is hard to keep track.

anyways i am the wheel and tire guy so i probally worked on your car.

tentacles
02-22-2007, 01:12 AM
*whew* :angel:

*fades into the crowd*

Whitetiger
02-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey sorry off topic, is (are) the owner of OK tire CMS location the same guy(s) as the old Shawnessy location? If it is, :thumbsdow (story avaliable if same guys)

DRKM
02-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Hey PM me and I can check it out for free. It has been slow at the shop of late...

Kona9
02-22-2007, 08:10 AM
She owns Silverhill.

Seeing that you are all down with Ms Marilyn. Perhaps you can inform her that she needs to either replan her route to a successfull business, or in my case of complaint, slap, beat, retrain her existing circus monkeys, or recruit new staff that may actually care.

The place blows!! Get her to read this thread, (although the content on here is hardly enough to raise concern on her part) but it may make her think about the percentage of posts in a one topic thread that are against her business.

Originally posted by Sharpie
What I meant was for him to stop wasting his money getting it inspected to rather spend it to get it fixed.

misread...gotcha:thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
02-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Seeing that you are all down with Ms Marilyn. Perhaps you can inform her that she needs to either replan her route to a successfull business, or in my case of complaint, slap, beat, retrain her existing circus monkeys, or recruit new staff that may actually care.

The place blows!! Get her to read this thread, (although the content on here is hardly enough to raise concern on her part) but it may make her think about the percentage of posts in a one topic thread that are against her business.

She went from being like $15Million in debt after taking over from her husband's death ro where she is now......I wouldn't exactly question her business sense :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Why don't you quit beating a dead fucking horse. Who gives a fuck if you "know" this woman? Nobody. They make some solid points to back up the argument that the place blows and you keep saying "blah blah blah but she's so successful....blah blah". I don't see anyone backing up their "good" reputation for christs sake.

Seriously, are you hoping she stumbles across this forum and finds you as her knight in shining armour bringing her salvation and you'll get a free blowjob? Just let it go man.

Fuck.

Kona9
02-22-2007, 01:06 PM

She went from being like $15Million in debt after taking over from her husband's death ro where she is now......I wouldn't exactly question her business sense :dunno:

Where is she now? I would say running a dealership that has a general bad reputation due to something gone wrong regardless of what her bank account / net worth looks like.

If she took over when it was 15 million in debt....does that not paint a pretty picture? If her husband ran the show like other successfull dealership owners, perhaps there wouldn't be as much if any debt upon take over.

I admittedly don't know the new car dealership business structure, but I sure do know a thing or two about customer service. Generally that is where success is rooted from.

2EFNFAST
02-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Why don't you quit beating a dead fucking horse. Who gives a fuck if you "know" this woman? Nobody. They make some solid points to back up the argument that the place blows and you keep saying "blah blah blah but she's so successful....blah blah". I don't see anyone backing up their "good" reputation for christs sake.

Seriously, are you hoping she stumbles across this forum and finds you as her knight in shining armour bringing her salvation and you'll get a free blowjob? Just let it go man.

Fuck.

So apparently now we arn't allowed to have conversations about any topic you don't approve of (and all I said was that I knew her and I wouldn't question how she runs a business from where she brought it from).

I am sorry, I will keep that in mind for next time when choosing my conversation topics.

:rolleyes:

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM

So apparently now we arn't allowed to have conversations about any topic you don't approve of (and all I said was that I knew her and I wouldn't question how she runs a business from where she brought it from).

I am sorry, I will keep that in mind for next time when choosing my conversation topics.

Now that is about the smartest thing I've seen you post in this thread. Well done good sir, well done, I commend you. :thumbsup:

edit - apparently I'm not allowed to give my opinion on your topic? Hypocrite. That's what happens on forums you know, other people comment.

Vietsta
02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
CMS FTW Times 324987. those guys have always been good to me