PDA

View Full Version : Cusa

Mar
02-21-2007, 11:18 PM
How do I register? I looked on the website and the form requires me to fill in a team but I don't have a team. I just want to play with anyone, I don't care if the team sucks or not. I just like to play. I guess we could use this as the official thread as well since I know there are a lot of other people here who are interested.

Sonic_A4
02-21-2007, 11:32 PM
you can contact cusa at the head office for a contact list for teams in different divisions
which are
premier
div 1
div 2
div 3
div 4
div 5
and div 6 and some have a and b divisions.

in finding a team you must know your skill level if you wish to play for your skill level

beginer = div 6, ,5
intermideate = div 3 , 4
skilled = div 1 , 2
and if your damn good premier is your skill.

also the compition level is the same as skill level for intensity.

as you stated you would like to just play. therefore i suggest finding contact information for teams in div 5 , 6 in which tryouts begin in the next month for the outdoor season.
Indoor season is just being concluded so no registration for this season can be made

I am part of a club where we have a premier team and a div 4 team, so if your interested pm me my father is one of the contacts.

Price ranges vary from 200-250 per season for most teams.

I hope this information has aided you in anyway way for more information just feel free to pm me
thanks
peter

Mar
02-22-2007, 11:08 PM
That helps a lot, I'm going to play for sure. But I need to know my skill level. I played for 10 years and I was great, leading goal scorer and that stuff, but I haven't played in 8 years and 20 pounds heavier. Which division should I be looking at?

kdwebber
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
You should be able to handle permier or div 1 if you played as long as you say you have. cardio might hold you back a little but you can improve that pretty easy

dj_honda
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
just go to cusa's website, find some teams you are interested in, then call up the team manager. i think the phone numbers are on there, but if not you can find the teams that interest you and get the numbers from the office. they will usually let you come to a practice or something and try out. you should get on it soon though because i think indoor is over in the middle of march here.

ICEBERG
02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
I played pro soccer with the Calgary kickers in 1988. After they folded i played in Div 1. for a long time with Calgary Crusaders. Then quit soccer to start a family. Than come back to play in Div. 3 with the Gold Stars in 1999. Played till 2001. Took some time off again and played with Anatolia in Div. 4 in 2003 to 2004. Just last year i tried to play with some guy's i know in Div. 1 and let me tell you, when your almost 37 and playing with 18 -20 year old guys, it doesn't cut it anymore. My knees over the years are gone. I am out of shape. When i played pro. i was 165 lbs, now i am 220. I realized when i was playing that this is a young mens game.

If i was you, i would star in Div. 3 or 4 and see how your doing. Than you can move up when you get your physical shape back. How old are you?

snowboard
02-22-2007, 11:42 PM
WOOOOP WOOOOP
div 6 babbbyyy!
all i do is run kids overrrrr haha..

Mar
02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm 25 now, stopped playing when I was 17.

ICEBERG
02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I'm 25 now, stopped playing when I was 17.

I know lot of teams in Cusa. I will see if anyone is interested for a player. If i find something i'll PM you.

Cheers,

pyar__deewane
02-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by snowboard
WOOOOP WOOOOP
div 6 babbbyyy!
all i do is run kids overrrrr haha..

good job snowboard...show em' what it takes to be a real man........taking advantage of the smaller people

:rofl: :rofl:

snowboard
02-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by pyar__deewane

good job snowboard...show em' what it takes to be a real man........taking advantage of the smaller people

:rofl: :rofl:

no way dude i leave the fairy footers alone, and go for the big guys :D

plus im obviously kidding. once in a while i accidentally hit people but just cause its my lacrosse instinct.

Mar
02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
What's the ruling on piercings? I have my dathe pierced which is right inside my ear and there's no way I could get it out without having it removed at a shop.

Also, is this 11 versus 11 on a full field?

jus_sum_guy
02-28-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.itsportnet.com/leagues/1000/documents/CSALaw4.pdf

scroll down to page 2

Mar
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
A player who removes his/her jersey to celebrate a goal will receive a caution for unsporting
haha, holy shit.

So it appears as if I have to remove all my piercings. They haven't come out in a few years, hopefully they don't grow over too quick. I'll have to go down to Bushido before the season starts and get them to do it.

This is 11 versus 11 full field right?

snowboard
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
no cusa is 5 on 5 indoor for the leauge i play...?

boostless
03-01-2007, 10:10 AM
he means the outdoor league...