PDA

View Full Version : Put straight pipes on the vette!!!!!

02bump'nWRX
05-27-2003, 10:17 PM
I have a new set of chambered exhaust coming for the 70 vette but in the meantime i thought it would be fun to have straight pipes LOL. Basicly at idle you can really hear the cam and it sounds amazing. When you get on the gas its big time red neck rap till about 2200rpm and them its plain STUPID LOUD. I live in Sylvan lake and when i took it for a drive there was a group of about 5 hot girls walking down the street, when i passed then i matted the gas and man did they jump. I couldn't stop laughing:D But i have to take it easy around the police but so far i've passed 3 and no tickets.

Wildcat
05-27-2003, 10:20 PM
run headers only :D

4wheeldrift
05-28-2003, 07:15 AM
No one will stop you. Afterall, loud muscle cars and harley's that sound like aircraft are cool, but performance exhausts on your import or not allowed :rolleyes:

02bump'nWRX
05-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Yah i was talking to a buddy about the sme thing. Its weird how muscle cars and harleys can get away with it but imports can't. Although i've never had a problem with the wrx people seem to think that i will, it not quite as lous as the vette though :rolleyes:

EstoMax
05-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 02bump'nWRX
Yah i was talking to a buddy about the sme thing. Its weird how muscle cars and harleys can get away with it but imports can't. Although i've never had a problem with the wrx people seem to think that i will, it not quite as lous as the vette though :rolleyes:

i think thats mostly becuase all cops got enough brains to know that economy cars arent sposed to make loud noise but they know that old/muscle cars make the noise cause their older and have bigger engines.. just my theory on this.

max

ramminghard
05-28-2003, 05:34 PM
i think that the police dont like import exhaust because it isn't meant to sound like that. People pay money to make the exhaust loud where as harleys and such are supposed to be loud.

EstoMax
05-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
i think that the police dont like import exhaust because it isn't meant to sound like that. People pay money to make the exhaust loud where as harleys and such are supposed to be loud.
Almost exactly what i said in the post above.
:guns:

max

THREE40SEVEN
05-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Afterall, loud muscle cars and harley's that sound like aircraft are cool, but performance exhausts on your import or not allowed :rolleyes:
Becuase most of them sound like ass;)

bol
05-28-2003, 08:55 PM
haha when i was running my 350 with open headers... good lord that was loud

sounded like a funny car haha

Luke 96 T/A
06-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
No one will stop you. Afterall, loud muscle cars and harley's that sound like aircraft are cool, but performance exhausts on your import or not allowed :rolleyes:
Or it might be because the $1000 it costs to change your exhaust will only net you >5 hp on an import, vs 15 on a muscle car ;-)

StrokeD z
06-01-2003, 04:16 PM
but i havent met anyone that doent like the sound of those V8s
so i take it cops love the sound too

my dad has a 93 chevy van 20 and once the exhaust fell off and i could just site there a listen to it for days