PDA

View Full Version : wtf is with this emo fucking music

Pages : [1] 2

Evolize
02-22-2007, 04:33 PM
every single radio station in this city plays this fallout boy whiney bitch fest emo fucking song every hour on the god damn hour. :banghead:

QUINN
02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
dont cut yourself over it :whocares:

Evolize
02-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm not going to cut myself, but I"m going to shoot everybody who likes it, and promotes it, and everybody that disagrees with me.

WWJAI
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I like fallout boy...are you going to shoot me now?

:guns: your guns get me scared.

Kona9
02-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
I'm not going to cut myself, but I"m going to shoot everybody who likes it, and promotes it, and everybody that disagrees with me.

Buy a CD or two beeeotch!! That is if you can stand to lose the 8 track in your 86 Cutlass:D

CJSW is pretty good and random at the best of times.

Evolize
02-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
I like fallout boy...are you going to shoot me now?

:guns: your guns get me scared. DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

Evolize
02-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Buy a CD or two beeeotch!! That is if you can stand to lose the 8 track in your 86 Cutlass:D

CJSW is pretty good and random at the best of times. I don't have the cutlass anymore :(

bunbohue
02-22-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah dude fallout boy is good. it aint emo music. check some of the producers behind the tracks

Evolize
02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bunbohue
yeah dude fallout boy is good. it aint emo music. check some of the producers behind the tracks no. theres this song and he keeps saying how its always like december and It drives me nuts

rage2
02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
7fAr0FEefPU

QUINN
02-22-2007, 04:48 PM
dont let lo)2enz0 see that

QuasarCav
02-22-2007, 04:49 PM
^^^

ROFL

What the fuck is he singing about an arms race for?

Sharpie
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
^^:rofl: Orange peeler. Also Satellite radio FTMFT

krisopotamus
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Falloutboy is almost as emo as panic at the disco...EMOOOO!!!

clockworkboy3
02-22-2007, 05:08 PM
the music sucks but thats not my emo problem. My emo problem is those faggy kids wearing those skinny assed pants...like seriously...I had to live thru it in the 80's and once was too much. So please note emo kids...women like men with a good body..that includes your legs...they do not enjoy bones in pants. Also, get a hair cut you little mongrals!!!

finboy
02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
fallout boy and panic at the disco are just disposable shite music, like most of the bands out there today labled "emo"

its a trend, just like pop punk before it, and rap rock before that, give it 2 years and record labels will find another type of music to dull down and sell to people who like background noise

we need another early to mid 90's era :(

Crymson
02-22-2007, 06:14 PM
This is from my friends comic site http://www.viruscomix.com/

http://www.viruscomix.com/page328.html

Pretty apt.

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
fallout boy's earlier stuff is pretty good....the new cd kinda sucks tho.

Supa Dexta
02-22-2007, 06:30 PM
whole lotta pansies comin' up in the world.. like those morons who just threw a fit because the robot killed himself in the gm commercial at the super bowl..

:rofl:

snowboard
02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
jeeeez
you guys are so off.

the kids your talking about are scene kids not emo's..
and fallout boy is like pop punk not emo anyway and suck a huge dick...

msommers
02-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Fallout boy's first CD was the only one that was decent, and was released when barely anyone knew of them. Now they are beyond gay. I love the new x92.9 which it's no nickelback guarantee, I'd rather listen to emo all day than one nickelback song. Lots of people will classify music they don't like as emo. Oh well I guess

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 06:50 PM
i liked under the cork tree......and take this to your grave.

Lo)2enz0
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
FALLOUT BOYS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing like emo music at all, and hell i hate how everything i like is labelled freaking emo...maybe i should dye my hair black again...im losing my emo touch lately.

wheres, my dashboard confessions cd, a 6 pack and something sharp, that will keep me occupied for the night. lol

oh and btw, i turned on vibe last night and i heard red jump suit apparatus on the radio, like wtf. aww i hate my music being played on the radio

Originally posted by QUINN
dont let lo)2enz0 see that

Originally posted by QuasarCav
^^^

ROFL

and screw you 2

QUINN
02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Lo)2enz0 how come your not answering your phone or emails? did this post push you over the edge and onto a sharp pair of scissors?

Lo)2enz0
02-22-2007, 07:10 PM
i always answer my phone, even between razor blade sessions

TeamBestBud
02-22-2007, 07:17 PM
My Chemical Romance are definition of Emo's. Black Parade:banghead:

Lo)2enz0
02-22-2007, 07:22 PM
hey there reminds me, i need to buy my tickets for taste of chaos and mrc

which also reminds me of a story. those people are the emo store in chinook (detox), well they are all little fan boys and girls. they say they love music and i started naming off bands and they were like who is that? like seriously how can you work at a place where you look like a jack ass but you don't know anything about the stuff emo's are about, thats why you only see band t-shirts that are popular there.

well time to work on my myspace, lol

stevieo
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
FALLOUT BOYS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing like emo music at all, and hell i hate how everything i like is labelled freaking emo...maybe i should dye my hair black again...im losing my emo touch lately.

wheres, my dashboard confessions cd, a 6 pack and something sharp, that will keep me occupied for the night. lol

oh and btw, i turned on vibe last night and i heard red jump suit apparatus on the radio, like wtf. aww i hate my music being played on the radio

and screw you 2

you need beer?

pffft maybe you are the wanna-be, not me! haha.

l/l/rX
02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
i like fall out boy!!! (and my chemical romance) HAHAHA im going to see the killers on may 24th too!
am i considered emo? im quite the white washed asian...although not really, only when it comes to music.
i think i have quite the collection of emo music. imogen heap, buck 65, fall out boy, hot hot heat, ok go, bloc party. woop.
thats not emo music is it?

edit: and trust me if you saw me you would not think id be into this kind of music (ask Lo)2enz0). but sadly i am.

jay42w8
02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Fall Out Boy has all the happiest upbeat songs...wtf is the poster talking about?:dunno:

Lo)2enz0
02-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

you need beer?

pffft maybe you are the wanna-be, not me! haha.

makes me more emotional, guess your a bit more hardcore than me stevie lol

Originally posted by l/l/rX

edit: and trust me if you saw me you would not think id be into this kind of music (ask Lo)2enz0). but sadly i am.

lol i am actually suprised to read that, what happened to being a trance addict???

Evolize
02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
Fall Out Boy has all the happiest upbeat songs...wtf is the poster talking about?:dunno: EMO

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 08:24 PM
I just found out i won tickets to Wolfmother thru the Sun

:thumbsup: W0000t

snowboard
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
EMO

your so fucking stupid its wicked haha..
what do you listen to?

Evolize
02-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

your so fucking stupid its wicked haha..
what do you listen to? Fuck you. And your emo music. What do I listen to? I listen to the RADIO. And the RADIO keeps playing HORRIBLE emo music.

snowboard
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
so your retarded have no taste in music and listen to whatever they stuff in your face..

haha good for you budddd :thumbsup:

ps i listen to hardcore and metal not emo.

Evolize
02-22-2007, 08:56 PM
i have cowboys from hell on mp3 playing right now so fuck you. go snowboard your way into an emo tree

snowboard
02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
i have cowboys from hell on mp3 playing right now so fuck you. go snowboard your way into an emo tree

o cusss, good one man. waiitt.. noo not really....

Evolize
02-22-2007, 09:01 PM
lol

BerserkerCatSplat
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
imogen heap

Imogen Heap is Emo? Well, shit. I guess I'm emo, too. :rofl:

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Anybody listen to Coheed and Cambria? Good stuff.

mazda_maniac
02-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Here's my take.
Emo. Bad label. Any GOOD music will have emotion behind the lyrics and in the vocals. If they don't its fucking lame. Metal has hard deep voices giving off a dark emotion, Fall Out Boy is higher and more melodic to demonstrate a different emotion. Get your head out of the clouds, the music scene is ever evolving, it's never going to sit still with your naroow minded joy of music. Respect people for what they listen to. I do agree the scenesters do take it too far with their dress tyle but look around the girls are doing it too so obviously some girls dig it. To each their own get a fucking life.

Coheed is awesome. If you like theme check out the band 3.

snowboard
02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
Anybody listen to Coheed and Cambria? Good stuff.

i have there cd's, the lead singer kind of sings like a girl though hahaha..

finboy
02-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
Fall Out Boy has all the happiest upbeat songs...wtf is the poster talking about?:dunno:

they are grouped with emo because of their style, another reason many don't like them (they sound like pop punk, yet dress a certain way to stay with the trend).

fall out boy is like the nickelback of the pop-punk world, if you like their music, hey its your ears i suppose, but they are not a serious band in any way shape or form. Hell, i'll listen to nickelback or some 604 record bands if it happens to be on in the background, but i'm not going to try to defend them if anyone says "they are sellouts, they stream lined their sound to appeal more to the trend in the states."

a spade is a spade :dunno:

this is also why a lot of people hate the emo "scene" including the hardcore emo's. there are some bands that actually were doing that kind of music (not as diluted, and over produced sounding mind you) looooong before it was popular (think: mid to late 80's, husker du anyone?), and now record labels, mtv, *insert corporate pimp company here* has decided this is what will be popular, and marketed to jr. high and highschool kids now. this of course means eeeevery label will find as many bands to fit this style as possible, even if the band isn't actually emo.

bandwagon stylez y0

thrasher22
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
The only thing more annoying than "emo" music, is people fucking complaining about it every 35 seconds. I have to hear how much people dislike it more than I actually have to hear it, STFU!

Fallout boy is pretty terrible though, new song is catchy, but forgetable. I'm surprised some people are saying how their first cd was so much better, it was the same tired tricks... but not catchy.

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 09:54 PM
new Danko Jones isnt too bad (=

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by thrasher22
The only thing more annoying than "emo" music, is people fucking complaining about it every 35 seconds. I have to hear how much people dislike it more than I actually have to hear it, STFU!

Fallout boy is pretty terrible though, new song is catchy, but forgetable. I'm surprised some people are saying how their first cd was so much better, it was the same tired tricks... but not catchy.

did you even listen to their first cd?

imho i think they had a unique style when that cd came out, and as another forum member posted, it was when they werent popular...

finboy
02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by thrasher22

the best part is that they have 2 guitarists, but every song can be played with one finger, and then the basist just runs around, jumping up and down, hell atleast billy talent has some decent musicianship about them

finboy
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM

imho i think they had a unique style when that cd came out

....did you hear the pop punk that came out around 2001?

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
i dont really care what the "genre" is, i listen to what appeals to my ears...if i like it i listen to it....i didnt consider them pop pumk, i just knew of them as fallout boy....and i like how the guitaring is written and how it comes togther. Im also a diehard Tool fan. I dont believe that the music you listen to makes you part of a certain group.

finboy
02-22-2007, 10:09 PM
i dont really care what the "genre" is, i listen to what appeals to my ears...if i like it i listen to it....i didnt consider them pop pumk, i just knew of them as fallout boy....and i like how the guitaring is written and how it comes togther. Im also a diehard Tool fan. I dont believe that the music you listen to makes you part of a certain group.

not saying it was, as i'm not bashing you for listening to fallout boy, their music does exactly what its intended to, and that is to be catchy pop music that will sell a few units and fade into obscurity. this of course is exactly why they aren't unique or trend setters for that matter, they are simply another cookie cutter band.

:dunno:

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Well...i can partially agree with you, they are kinda trendy, but they do stand apart from some of the crap out there, like My Chemical Romance...has anybody gotten that cd? what a bunch of garbage...the black parade is...half assed ok song...but the rest of the cd, nasty. Theres soo many more that cj plays...but i cant think of them off hand, tryed to repress that.

my .02

finboy
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Well...i can partially agree with you, they are kinda trendy, but they do stand apart from some of the crap out there, like My Chemical Romance...has anybody gotten that cd? what a bunch of garbage...the black parade is...half assed ok song...but the rest of the cd, nasty. Theres soo many more that cj plays...but i cant think of them off hand, tryed to repress that.

my .02

....they are different in that they are playing 5 year old music, instead of other trendier "emo style" music now a days that is playing the same music that was "new" 3 years ago

the rest of your post is just an opinion about my chemical romance :dunno:

msommers
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Bottom line is anyone who plays an instrument, in a band, sings, etc is more open to different genres than people who arn't. Seems like a pretty bold statement but from my experience, once you get involved in music, you tend to respect other genres and not hate on anyone.

Personally, if you don't like the music on the radio, get XM/Sirus. If you don't like that, don't be a cheap fuck and make cd's or get an MP3 player. Stop your bitching OP, the public radio is free, deal with it.

finboy
02-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Bottom line is anyone who plays an instrument, in a band, sings, etc is more open to different genres than people who arn't. Seems like a pretty bold statement but from my experience, once you get involved in music, you tend to respect other genres and not hate on anyone.

Personally, if you don't like the music on the radio, get XM/Sirus. If you don't like that, don't be a cheap fuck and make cd's or get an MP3 player. Stop your bitching OP, the public radio is free, deal with it.

i've played guitar for a long time, i still hate lots of bands

you want to see REAL hate for bands, try going to the harmony-central forums (huge forum for musicians), those guys will bash ANYTHING :rofl:

ca18det240sx
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
not my opinion on chemical romance totally, more using it as an example...sorry i wasnt more clear....:D

if i could list the rest off, i would but like i said, i repressed them.

googe
02-22-2007, 10:28 PM
emo is the gay

88CRX
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
new Danko Jones isnt too bad (=

Good CD and even better live show.

BTW, opinions about music are like assholes.....

Evolize
02-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

BTW, opinions about music are like assholes..... youre not wearing black finger nail polish and tight jeans now are you ryan?

slammed_cb7
02-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Yes Larry!! As soon as i saw the title to this thread i knew you'd chime in and show all of beyond why you are our unofficial emo. Mods, I nominate Lorenzo to be our OFFICIAL emo. Thanks:thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
02-23-2007, 03:57 AM
^^^lol

so to the comment about my chemical romance. Sure the black parade isn't the best album but its really not that bad. What they tried to do is focus a bit more on life because the 2 previous albums are more focused on death and they wanted to change how they were looked upon with their music. Personally i think all 3 albums are awsome and i play them all alot.

here lets go through some of my favorite bands...

alexisonfire, have to start with them since they are my favorite. For starters the new album released last summer (crisis) brought a huge up roar with the aof fans. They started to have george (the singer that always screams) fade into the background and give dallas more of an important role's in the songs and alot more lines. Before that on switcharoo, watch out, and the self named album he really was just adding to the songs and i may add that he has a great voice and alot of people have told me that alexis would be better without george. But hey without the screaming they wouldn't be aof. personally i think they totally turned into the biggest fad band. I couldn't believe some of the people who were listening to them. like back in junior high people hated my music cause i listened to linkin park, korn, well anything hard while they were listening to there good old 2pac and snoop dogg. Now they seem to be such huge fans but since the summer, alexis has faded away and only the true fans are kicking aroun. If any of you want to go to an insane show, aof is a much.

Another fad band was AFI, as everyone knows they are long gone and no one listens to them because they aren't popular anymore. still i love the music and i don't care how he sings, if you want good tuned for snowboarding or anything afi is a must to have esspecially their older stuff.

Rise against, like common. does anyone support what they are about. these guys are hardcore vegans who know how to put together a great album. they have some of my favorite songs, like "give it all" amazing song.

these are the 3 i am mostly focusing on just because alot of people liked them but now they have moved on to something else. I have yet to hear someone else besides me and another friend of mine blasting AOF and not giving a rats ass what people think. but some other bands i like include : theused, mychemicalromance, chiodos, red jump suit apparatus (making there way to the radio), all american rejects (prefer the older stuff), SAOSIN, bullet for my valentine, 30 seconds from mars is good (never realized it was jared leto for a couple of months and than picked up the cd), taking back sunday, and Underoath.

Really this whole emo phase is bull crap. Its just some bullshit that includes kids who like to wear tight ass jeans and wear their sisters make up. Lol i won't go into details about me but those kids are fucking fakes....sometime you just need to scream to let everything out.

but hey, i think chicks who dress like emo's are hot. and yes i love my studded wrist band

googe
02-23-2007, 04:06 AM
sometime you just need to scream to let everything out.

the difference is, with emo its an estrogen scream ;)

snowboard
02-23-2007, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by googe

alrighttt then, these fucks would group anything alike together, go buy the cd murderotica by norma jean, and tell me there is estrogen any where on that CD.

Lo)2enz0
02-23-2007, 04:12 AM

lol that was good

but hey for you death metal fans, sure you guys like; job for a cowboy

snowboard
02-23-2007, 04:26 AM
PS lorenzo, im a classic Alexisonfire fan, i listen to the self titled CD at least once a day.

turbotrip
02-23-2007, 04:33 AM
emo is the gay

thank you, i couldnt have put it better myself

ercchry
02-23-2007, 04:41 AM

...buy the cd murderotica by norma jean...

haha my buddy has a t-shirt of theres and every time im drunk and he has it on i ask if norma makes good jeans

also he is pretty emo but not the crying wrist slitting make up wearing tread emos tho, but of course he is still made fun of

snowboard
02-23-2007, 04:58 AM
you guys should go jump in the pit at Taste of chaos when a decent band plays...

youll need to get your teeth pumped out of your stomach.. then you wil understand the people you are talking about are "scenece kids" not emo's hahaha...

ca18det240sx
02-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Alexis on fire, is great, AFI....theyre ok, few good songs, Rise against is great.

Alexis on fire has to be my second favorite band from Tool. Naturally there is no replacement for Maynard........

88CRX
02-23-2007, 07:15 AM
bullet for my valentine

My brother downloaded their CD and its actually pretty good :dunno:

I also listen to AFI, Rise Against and lots of other "punk" music or whatever its called now.

googe
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM

alrighttt then, these fucks would group anything alike together, go buy the cd murderotica by norma jean, and tell me there is estrogen any where on that CD.

norma jean isnt emo though. fallout boy, yes. :barf:

"goin down tuuuu in a lullelurah!"

_5Qtt4MBt08

Lo)2enz0
02-23-2007, 10:53 AM
PS lorenzo, im a classic Alexisonfire fan, i listen to the self titled CD at least once a day.

waterwings is the best :bigpimp:

UHDJH8VgQgs

well while i am at it, lets get some videos happening

BpfNQd_4XWc

73ETE59i_Tg

H_xbkt1EyHY

snowboard
02-23-2007, 12:08 PM
damnit i dont know how to do the youtube link.

i must dissagree and say this and adelleda are the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnMPgUAGKw&mode=related&search=:D :D

Canmorite
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
It's a fad, and it will pass. These come and go in the music industry, for the last 5 years it was Hip-hop. Everyone was listening to it.

Metal in the 80's, rock in the 60's. Before that, who knows. I don't remember.

stevieo
02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
It's a fad, and it will pass. These come and go in the music industry, for the last 5 years it was Hip-hop. Everyone was listening to it.

Metal in the 80's, rock in the 60's. Before that, who knows. I don't remember.

not really. you like the types of music you like.

for main streamers yea its a fad.

i was never a big fan of rap, hip hop and that r and b shit.
i'm more whitey than some of my white friends haha.

Lo)2enz0
02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
damnit i dont know how to do the youtube link.

i must dissagree and say this and adelleda are the best

ya both those songs kick ass. aww i can't wait to see aof live again.

but stevie is right, its just a mainstream type of music that seems to be popular. give it about another year and it will be gone and everyone will think they are spanish again.

tried to find that episode of southpark when everyone starst acting metrosexual lol

snowboard
02-23-2007, 02:17 PM
yah thats the just of it...
the mainstream people will move on
we will stick with your "emo" :)

Intent_Fire
02-23-2007, 02:22 PM
hahaha that made me laugh sooo.. hard.. thanks!

Originally posted by rage2
7fAr0FEefPU

JRSC00LUDE
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

BTW, opinions about music are like assholes.....

What, opinions sit and post on beyond all day? :D kidding...and Danko's been rocking the live show for years!

[B Another fad band was AFI, as everyone knows they are long gone and no one listens to them because they aren't popular anymore. still i love the music and i don't care how he sings, if you want good tuned for snowboarding or anything afi is a must to have esspecially their older stuff.
[/B]

:werd: A.F.I. is the shit, easily my favorite band. Been with em since black sails and still love em even with the changing style but that's kind of what they're all about.

core_upt
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I think there are a ton of misconceptions about what 'emo' is. Emo is nothing new, maybe new to mainstream, but not new. It can be traced back to bands like Weezer, Sunny Day Real Eastate, Jawbreaker, The Get Up Kids, Cap'n Jazz and so on. Didn't really have anything to do with slitting your wrists, or tight pants, well, maybe tight pants. Back in the mid 90's this was all an off shoot of punk rock and a lot of the 'emo'tion came from kids in high school that didin't fit in or just wanted to play music all the time or whatever, so a lot of the lyrics are about girls. Fuck, most music is about girls really. From the late 90's and into the 00's bands came along like Taking Back Sunday and the Used who blended the older emo style with heavier vocal styles taken from the punk-hardcore scene of the time. Here is where you gets bands like Alexisonfire, Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights, etc.

Like any music that gains popularity, all the labels, promoters, and bands that had been doing it in all ages clubs and behind the scenes started getting more attention. Sights like myspace truly revolutionized how a band can reach across the country without ever touring. One or two bands experienced moderate success and a ton more of 'similar' sound get noticed. Stop for two seconds and think if Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance sound anything like each other - maybe about as close as Beyonce and Avril Levine. Not to say that there isn't some crap accross the genres, and some bands are 'formed' just to jump on the band wagon (ie 'Simple Plan' when pop-punk hit it big in 02-04) but these bands have been around for a while, so they aren't overnighters or one hit wonders that Vibe 98.5 or Much makes them.

As for the 'I hate Emo' thing... it all looks dated to me. Tight jeans with the cuffs rolled up, small tshirts and hair over your face was the look 4 years ago. I guess the same can be said about faux hawks too, I shaved mine off in 2002 becasue I thought it was getting old. The make-up thing - never really an emo thing either, more of a goth thing, mind you, rock and roll and make-up have long gone together, so why not now. Rock kids in the 70's got made fun of 70's for their long 'girl' hair by disco-listening jocks - nothing has really changed since. Emo kids are annoying, but you know what, all fucking kids are annoying. Little fucking rap stars who think its cool to call each other niggers in the hoods of Midnapore, or high schoolers who hold the Ultimate Fighting Championships at the train station every night are just as annoying, if not more so than a guy with black hair and an I pod.

Music can define who people are, but its not the only thing. Not too many people who see me as a mid-twenties nine-to-fiver would think I'm the same guy who spent 10 years in the Calgary music scene or the guy who goes to metal shows (all though i do feel super old at shows now).

R-Audi
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

Not too many people who see me as a mid-twenties nine-to-fiver would think I'm the same guy who spent 10 years in the Calgary music scene or the guy who goes to metal shows (all though i do feel super old at shows now).

You've changed man, You used to be about the Music !

Good post...

Lo)2enz0
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
well put core_upt , btw loving the avatar

bU36Dv_wEow

Darkane
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Emo is fucking Shit. Kids dont wear tight pants, they wear pants WAY TO SMALL!! The emo evolved from the skater, How could a punk skater become a crying bitch??

I classify Emo as anything where there is stupid screaming and then gay light vocals? What the fuck is with that?

EDIT: Someone please explain to me why the fuck it seems like every EMO is a born again Christian??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8sBk7oUygA

Heres some real music.

Second EDIT: Couldn't Resist.. Here is some REAL emo music.. Notice the Anger, These guys put emotion into the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBBlYUVg2g

core_upt
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

You've changed man, You used to be about the Music !

Good post...

Says the guy with Michael Buble on his I Tunes!!! now that makes me wanna slit my wrists!!!

R-Audi
02-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Coincedentaly, I happen to have an extra razor in the tool box at home for ya!

Maybe its just the difference in the women we bring home.. typically normal girls dont want to hear screaming.. they want to be the ones screaming!!

core_upt
02-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Coincedentaly, I happen to have an extra razor in the tool box at home for ya!

Maybe its just the difference in the women we bring home.. typically normal girls dont want to hear screaming.. they want to be the ones screaming!!

I'd be more concerned with your current psycho slitting her wrists in the bathroom 'cause you didn't want to fuck her or buy her a dog or or marry her or whatever she wanted that day!

TEAMFaint
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I have come to realize anything but the top 40 or rap is now considered emo music.

You guys are all tards who actually believe this.

Nice to know bands such as Thrice, Rise Against, and Killswitch Engage and now "emo" since 2006! Fuck you music lovers who only just listen to one genre of music and know nothing about music ROCK! :thumbsup:

TeamBestBud
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
It aint that much about the music (I still hate MyChemicalRomance) but the style they portray. That shit I aint down with:thumbsdow

TEAMFaint
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
P.S.

Lorenzo, here is a better Avenged video for ya ;) I miss seeing this at their show I saw in Calgary years ago :( THey have changed so much..guess its better for them but not so good for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjbQkGMf-i4

Lo)2enz0
02-23-2007, 08:52 PM
i like other music. but i mostly listened to the bands i listed

some of my other favorites are gym class heros, dj tiesto, benny benassi. than there is the odd catchy song that i enjoy listening to.

l8braker
02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
So many people posting here that don't even have a clue :rofl:

I'm not a fan of the Emo genre at all, but to play devils advocate for a second, at least emo bands out there actually play their own instruments. That's more than you can say about most wannabes/"musicians" nowadays.

Radio sucks, that's why its free. Buy a fucking ipod or carry a bag of cds around with you if you don't like listening to what is played.

Emo isn't a fad and ain't going anywhere, so plug your ears, get used to it, listen to whatever you like and for fucks sakes, stop bitching :rofl:

finboy
02-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

Emo isn't a fad and ain't going anywhere, so plug your ears, get used to it, listen to whatever you like and for fucks sakes, stop bitching :rofl:

i wouldn't go that far, its quite clear that the "in" music right now is "emo style"

brandon
02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Emo is no different the Rap/R&B/Trance it is going to be around for many years to come... it's going to annoy half the population and it is going to impress the other half.

Yah the hardcore guys dress for attention.. but it is no different then the hardcore rap guys who dress for attention...

(emo: tight jeans, band shirts, hoodies, gay dark hair)
(rap: XXXL Jeans, XXXL Tshirt, XXXL Jersey, ProFit hat)

lol

finboy
02-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Emo is no different the Rap/R&B/Trance it is going to be around for many years to come... it's going to annoy half the population and it is going to impress the other half.

...except rap/r&b/electronic dance music are all genre's of music, and emo is a sub-genre of rock/punk music, kind of like how "dirty south" rap is a sub-genre of rap and is trendy right now

TEAMFaint
02-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by finboy

...except rap/r&b/electronic dance music are all genre's of music, and emo is a sub-genre of rock/punk music, kind of like how "dirty south" rap is a sub-genre of rap and is trendy right now

Emo is not a sub-genre...its any band that someone doesnt like because it has screaming in it; its just how it is. OH MY GAWD I HATE THIS BAND THEY ARE SO EMO! How many times have I not heard this quote this week...Its just as bad as domestic owners ragging on import drivers.

game set match.

finboy
02-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint

Emo is not a sub-genre...its any band that someone doesnt like because it has screaming in it; its just how it is. OH MY GAWD I HATE THIS BAND THEY ARE SO EMO! How many times have I not heard this quote this week...Its just as bad as domestic owners ragging on import drivers.

game set match.

your post makes no sense, emo is not a sub-genre because people hate the screaming? :nut:

finboy
02-24-2007, 02:17 AM
okay, here is the best history of "emo" i've heard...

http://cfox.com/shows/ongoing_history_of_new_music.cfm?recID=141&ell=8943&pge=1#

page 15, first link, about a 40 minute program of how emo came to be :D

Lo)2enz0
02-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
P.S.

Lorenzo, here is a better Avenged video for ya ;) I miss seeing this at their show I saw in Calgary years ago :( THey have changed so much..guess its better for them but not so good for me.

which video were you posting. but Avenged kicks ass either way

meh alot of you guys are like little girls. seriously who gives a flying fuck what other people like. i enjoy listening to what i listen to cause i will just get everything out of me and i am typically a happy person.

how about we say james blunt is emo. umm he is a prissy little bitch who probably crys himself asleep because of some girl.

listen to this, and tell me what its trying to say....

QHQnoak_LAc

88CRX
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
meh alot of you guys are like little girls. seriously who gives a flying fuck what other people like. i enjoy listening to what i listen to cause i will just get everything out of me and i am typically a happy person.

Exactly, well put.

Bullet for my Valentine

kORuuYvCQnA

TEAMFaint
02-25-2007, 04:08 PM
^Gotta love Bullet for my Valentine..but gotta hate how they dropped out of the shower with Avenged Sevenfold last year in Calgary :guns:

They actually played Bullet last night at Ezzies here in the hat (dance bar) it was rad I was rocking out and everyone was just wondering why the hell they were playing metal/rock at a dance club haha :clap:

I Am Ghost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aII38iYR8Wk

(I cant figure out how to freakin embed the video on here so just click the link :P)